• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Wow, that's kind of surprising that Amanita would put Botanicula in a pay-what-you-want bundle the day it comes out. I'll be picking this up though, I'm a huge fan of everything Amanita has done and Botanicula looks gorgeous.

Zimbardo

nice of them to include Botanicula, but also kinda assholish to the people who were good enough to pre order the game @ $10.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Apparently you need to kick in at least $5 now to get the Steam key.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one. If I didn't already own Samorost 2 and Machinarium I might pick it up. But I'm just not willing to pay that much for one game in a genre that I'm not all that crazy about.

Still $5 is cheaper than what GOG is charging... but where is the regular Steam release?

Koroviev

I need more games like I need a hole in the head, but I love Amanita design.

How many times am I going to rebuy machinarium and samorost 2 :\

I know, right? I bought a copy of Machinarium from Amanita, won a copy in a giveaway and have now received the game twice in bundles.

zulux21

the Groupees bundle finally hit 25k meals so the extra DLC unlocked
Beat Hazard ULTRA DLC
Beat Hazard iTunes DLC
The Baconing: Roesha DLC
Madballs in Babo: Invasion DLCs

having never played beat hazard before this bundle I was quite surprised to see how much stuff the ultra dlc added to the game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I do have to say the Kooky movie is fantastic. I have watched it before.

But is windowsil worth the extra few bucks to break the average? What's Gaf's take on it.

Wok

But is windowsil worth the extra few bucks to break the average? What's Gaf's take on it.

The game shows impressive effects if we consider it is written in Flash. Yet this is not my cup of tea, I prefer visuals and music as in Botanicula for this kind of game. Moreover, it could be finished in a matter of minutes if you knew exactly what to do, and only a bit more otherwise.

Kuroyume

Banned
Be Mine #3 confirmed on their facebook page. It seems like for the next few days they'll be having challenges where you can win 2 copies of the bundle before it's released to the public.

Today's Game: THE BACONING!! We will award the most deserving gamer of the day with the 2 copies #BeMine3 bundle before its available to the public. Remember to post or link a screenshot of your high score/best accomplishment on your Facebook or Twitter together with the following message: "Beat this! Groupees will select the Best Gamer and they'll get 2 copies of #BeMine3 before its released! http://bit.ly/bemine2 @Groupees1". Make sure to tag us or link us to the promotion so we can see your scores!

As for the release:

Groupees its looking like late May but a date hasnt officially been set yet

Be Mine #3 confirmed on their facebook page. It seems like for the next few days they'll be having challenges where you can win 2 copies of the bundle before it's released to the public.

As for the release:

The achievement for the be mine bundle 2 has been lowered from 50000 to 35000 meals which is a copy of scratches directors cut. currently at 26664 meals served. and about 5 days to go so maybe its a possibility if they can get the word out.

eldoon

last 21 hours for groupees bemine 2 bundle
if they can sell another 2100 meals - roughly $4200 more sales everyone gets scratches directors cut added to their bundles.

last 21 hours for groupees bemine 2 bundle
if they can sell another 2100 meals - roughly $4200 more sales everyone gets scratches directors cut added to their bundles.

Reaching 35000 isn't looking very likely unless they decide to extend the duration of the bundle by a few days.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just saw the tweet that the newest IndieGala bundle is now live.

"Pay what you want"

... you only get a third of the games if you pay what you want, and two of the three that you get have already been in previous bundles. So basically "pay what you want for a mystery bonus game".

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
What's up with the bonus games in IndieGala 4?

d5XcS.jpg

Are the two on the left also beat-the-average games? Why are they jumping off the shelf?
Do the secret bonuses underneath correspond with the bonus games in the top row or are they entirely different things?
If they're different, does that mean the bonuses in the first row are unlocked right away?
If that's the case... why hide them?

Arrrrgh. Such unintelligible marketing.

So, did Indiagala ever work out what exactly Galapoints were going to do? As for this bundle, for it being Alien Shooter (already have ARES) and a mystery game plus the Gala 3 unlocks being bleh I'll give this one a miss.

To end on a slightly more positive note. Bemine 2 has 9 hours 44 minutes left with 749 meals until the 35,000 unlock. Nail biting stuff...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

d5XcS.jpg

Are the two on the left also beat-the-average games? Why are they jumping off the shelf?
Do the secret bonuses underneath correspond with the bonus games in the top row or are they entirely different things?
If they're different, does that mean the bonuses in the first row are unlocked right away?

Gala has always had the worst layout and rules out of all the bundles. It is terrible.

Scratches unlocked for BeMine2

Hamilton's Great Adventure is the last game but we're not getting it, 150000 meals no chance in hell

Haunted

d5XcS.jpg

Yeah, pretty confusing.

I don't even know what galapoints are for, but apparently I have 2700!

"Pay what you want"

... you only get a third of the games if you pay what you want, and two of the three that you get have already been in previous bundles. So basically "pay what you want for a mystery bonus game".
PWYW is a price that can't be beat.

HoosTrax

It looks like Indie Face Kick bundle is now ended.

I think that's the first Indiegala that I wont buy. Only Altitude is nice but not worth 5$ to me :/
Ironically, I have all of them already except Altitude, due to past bundles.

Sol Survivor (available in two of the bundles) feels like a carbon copy of Defense Grid so far, right down to the turret names/designs and walker-style enemies.

"Pay what you want"

This is starting to become a common theme with pretty much all bundles.

PaulLFC

Scratches has been unlocked in the Be Mine 2 bundle.

They revealed the fifth goal - Hamilton's Great Adventure... at 150,000. So basically they have to achieve five times their current sales in just six hours.

Edit: Way, way too late on this.

The_End

d5XcS.jpg

They're trying to escape.

Oh and I guarantee that Alien Shooter 2 will be one of the secret bonuses. Possibly even Alien Shooter: Revisited.

Wok

It looks like Indie Face Kick bundle is now ended.

Ironically, I have all of them already except Altitude, due to past bundles.

Sol Survivor (available in two of the bundles) feels like a carbon copy of Defense Grid so far, right down to the turret names/designs and walker-style enemies.

Time cannot be sped-up in Sol Survivor, which is really bad for a Tower-Defense game.

They're trying to escape.

Oh and I guarantee that Alien Shooter 2 will be one of the secret bonuses. Possibly even Alien Shooter: Revisited.

I have finished Zombie Shooter 2 and I won't be playing Zombie Shooter 1, or any Alien Shooter. One is enough.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So this is kinda related and kinda not, but probably the best place to put it right now.

I'm getting in on this whole indie bundle thing. But I'm not doing video games, that seems to be well-covered. My bundle is independent music- 10 albums, 5 EPs for beat-the-average, EFF and Save the Music as charitable targets.

I've got the roster together, site's nearly ready, it's about to happen. All the while I've been trying to copy or reinterpret what I felt were the positive elements of past bundle groups, while avoiding the really offputting approaches. I think I've done okay so far, but those are based on my opinions of what's positive and negative.

So I ask you, bundle aficionados, what have you noticed about bundles that really makes you happy with them, and what have you noticed that totally turns you off? I can't do a wholesale redesign of the project, but any little details I can avoid or implement to make it better for potential buyers, I'll try to tackle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I ask you, bundle aficionados, what have you noticed about bundles that really makes you happy with them, and what have you noticed that totally turns you off? I can't do a wholesale redesign of the project, but any little details I can avoid or implement to make it better for potential buyers, I'll try to tackle.

Things I like:
- Pay what you want--note, "pay what you want" is not "pay a minimum of $x and pay at least $y to get the bulk of the content".
- Making things available in a variety of formats (DRM-free, Steam, Desura, whatever--in your case DRM-free FLAC + DRM-free MP3 would be ideal)
- Server not crashing
- Variety of payment methods
- Being able to buy without having to register an account
- Charitable option
- Flexible payments so I can choose to give less/more to the bundle/content makers/charities
- Clear user interface
- Leaderboards
- Quality over quantity (I'm more likely to pay for one game I want than 5 I don't, ditto music)
- Let me choose whether or not I want emails about future bundles. Hint: I don't. I don't ever want to be contacted by a bundle for any reason, ever, after I'm done purchasing.

Things I don't like:
- Arbitrarily giving people more or less because they show up during "happy hours"
- Sites crashing
- Having to register or give excessive personal info
- Inflexible payment amounts or methods
- Minimum payment amounts
- Misleading bonuses (for example a game bundle having a bonus that's revealed to be a non-game item)
- "Unlock goals", especially if the bundle then compromises their scruples when sales aren't up to expectations

I purchased exactly one music bundle in the past, it was this one:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeriaska/nubuwo-debut-bundle-adventures-in-videogame-audio

I bought the "half bundle", and I only bought it for the ilomilo soundtrack. Everything else, meh.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Good, we're on the same page. :D I really need to figure out working on Amazon's cloud servers then, so I can have no fears about that at all.

Things I like:
- Let me choose whether or not I want emails about future bundles. Hint: I don't. I don't ever want to be contacted by a bundle for any reason, ever, after I'm done purchasing.

My day job's web dev, so I've read casually on user experience stuff like this. Pretty sure I've seen that, if you leave them unchecked (like I'm planning to), you actually get more people signing up. Because out of those people who uncheck it more out of spite, at least some actually would accept emails if given a neutral choice. People are a lot more forgiving of businesses that don't seem pushy. But, business people are taught to push for the sale, so...

Im_Special

koUy2.png

So looking at IndieGala's youtube video for this latest bundle, and going by there tags (oops) it seems the 3 additional Steam games will most likely be Steel Storm, Really Big Sky and Lunnye Devitsy.

koUy2.png

So looking at IndieGala's youtube video for this latest bundle, and going by there tags (oops) it seems the 3 additional Steam games will most likely be Steel Storm, Really Big Sky and Lunnye Devitsy.

Wow, this is like the "all reruns" bundle.

Only game I didn't already buy in a bundle some other time is Disciples II. Which I don't want.

Top Bottom