• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

zulux21

I wonder why BeMine 2 isn't more popular. Haven't played the games yet because I'm busy with other stuff but this seems like a good bundle even if you don't pay enough to get Killing Floor.

it's in general a hard bundle to recommend to people for the following reasons.
A. their first bundle was botched horribly and failed to launch 3 times.
B. They do not send out a confirmation email of your order.
C. people have had keys missing or other issues but they usually fix them fairly quickly.
D. The site as a whole feels less professional than the humble bundle.

Personally I like the bundle, but when a launch causes a number of issues for some people it's hard to get those people to come back, and they tell their friends to not get it as well.

robbed

Neo Member
Agreed on the unprofessional feeling of the Be Mine 2 page.

When you click on one of the games on groupees, you get a text description of the game. No video. No screenshots. Just links to the developer of the games. At least give us a link to the steam store!

And the cover art for The Baconing, Plain Sight, and Beat Hazard have MOUSE POINTERS in them. I would let one image having a mouse pointer slide, but 3?!? It's almost intentional at that point.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Indie Royale just announced that they are doing away with preorders

That's a shame as for them as I will likely stop buying them unless there is actually something I know I want in it if I know what is in it lol.

I'm willing to guess they didn't want to deal with the complainers who owned games in the bundle and wanted refunds. Plus they save a little money by not offering free soundtracks w/preorders. (assuming they comp the composers, which I'm not sure of).

Edit: looks like the albums are available for orders over $5. Im gonna miss the preorder guessing. phooey.

Wok

Indie Underdog Pack ($5 min | non-charity | ends Apr 15th)

- Magi (DRM free)
- Potion Master (DRM free)
- Caveman Craig (DRM free)
- Animal Blast (DRM free)
- Koya Rift (DRM free)
- The Best of Lazy Brain (DRM free)

For the last day, it is $1.

cBWri.jpg

I wonder why BeMine 2 isn't more popular. Haven't played the games yet because I'm busy with other stuff but this seems like a good bundle even if you don't pay enough to get Killing Floor.
$4 minimum must have some impact and it kinda not being much of deal if you only want 2 of the games. Plus bemine1 fiasco and the fact its got quite a long time until it finishes.

Indie Royale just announced that they are doing away with preorders

That's a shame as for them as I will likely stop buying them unless there is actually something I know I want in it if I know what is in it lol.
I hope this means we get more hints of release date and games included. Plus I prefer that to the "lol 12 hours until bundle is out pre-orders open" the last few were.

wrowa

I'm late to the party, but the fuck? Indie Gala's new website is one of the most shameless design rip-offs I've ever seen.

zulux21

I hope this means we get more hints of release date and games included. Plus I prefer that to the "lol 12 hours until bundle is out pre-orders open" the last few were.

I doubt we will get to much more in the way of hints that it's coming out. The main reason they started preorders was because when they announced a date for a bundle their site happened to blow up on that date. I am guessing it will be run the same way it has been since preorders came out but instead of a preorder to give us a hint of games and a warning the bundle is actually coming we just won't get anything and the bundle will just quietly launch whenever it launches.

cicero

Why would it do well, though? A bunch of games that have no awareness, there's no charity component, no Steam (or anything, keys), Windows-only, no pay-what-you-want.

Not only that, you are paying to support the obviously better newer games they are developing now, and the only way you can get those as well is pay $25. It would have felt like a better and more interesting deal if they had just done an alpha fund type bundle for the new titles they are currently developing and thrown in their previous titles for free as a bonus.

cicero

The Indiefort end date needs updating. I know, last day.

BTW, what if you got Faerie Solitaire in a Steam bundle?

Apparently the big IndieFort Bundle No 1 "shhh... it's a secret!" unlock people were waiting for that unlocked this morning around 11 am PST turned out to be just the Steel Storm OST... I mean, come on, Steel Storm OST??

Would have been nice if the unlock for Mordor v1.1, The Grim had been even remotely attainable too. 43989 more units to unlock...

EDIT:

I might be wrong about this actually. Some people are saying that the Steel Storm OST was included in the bundle from the start, apparently the GG staff hasn't even added the thank you clip yet either?

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gamersgate_announces_the_indiefort_bundle/page3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Subsoap people still haven't launched the account site to redeem the keys yet, have they?

I'm hoping they do it before I forget to redeem the key anyway.

That works too. Just get a screencap of the order confirmation for that bundle.

Sure they'll know from the bundle name? Plus, I'll have to do an item-by-item search.

Apparently the big IndieFort Bundle No 1 "shhh... it's a secret!" unlock people were waiting for that unlocked this morning around 11 am PST turned out to be just the Steel Storm OST... I mean, come on, Steel Storm OST??

Would have been nice if the unlock for Mordor v1.1, The Grim had been even remotely attainable too. 43989 more units to unlock...

EDIT:

I might be wrong about this actually. Some people are saying that the Steel Storm OST was included in the bundle from the start, apparently the GG staff hasn't even added the thank you clip yet either?

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gamersgate_announces_the_indiefort_bundle/page3

I'd definitely bite if only a Steam key were included. Yeah, I've been completely spoiled.

Truespeed

Bought the Be Mine 2 bundle primarily for The Baconing and gave the recommended minimum. If you didn't want to pay for the bundle you can choose what you want for a $1 via Paypal.

Plain Sight
Madballs in Babo: Invasion
Beat Hazard
Sol Survivor

Gvaz

Banned
Bought the Be Mine 2 bundle primarily for The Baconing and gave the recommended minimum. If you didn't want to pay for the bundle you can choose what you want for a $1 via Paypal.

Plain Sight
Madballs in Babo: Invasion
Beat Hazard
Sol Survivor

The minimum is $4

Sure they'll know from the bundle name? Plus, I'll have to do an item-by-item search.

Just confirming that it worked for me. I bought FS via the "Indie Fantasy Pack" during the Winter 2010 Steam sale (December 20th, 2010-January 2nd, 2011, I believe). As proof, I sent them a screenshot of the receipt e-mail Steam sends out, though I'd imagine that they'd accept other forms of proof as long as it shows the purchase, some identifying info, and a date. They replied within 30 minutes with the Infinity Bundle key and instructions on what to do when they get the account website up and running.

kafiend

Just confirming that it worked for me. I bought FS via the "Indie Fantasy Pack" during the Winter 2010 Steam sale (December 20th, 2010-January 2nd, 2011, I believe). As proof, I sent them a screenshot of the receipt e-mail Steam sends out, though I'd imagine that they'd accept other forms of proof as long as it shows the purchase, some identifying info, and a date. They replied within 30 minutes with the Infinity Bundle key and instructions on what to do when they get the account website up and running.

I just sent them a screengrab of it in my Steam store transactions and they replied with the same.

MRORANGE

Sorry guys, busy week, referencing back to last page of this thread: feel free to make a separate thread for a new bundle, this is just a page of latest bundles that are out.

Made small changes to OP, give a shout if I missed anything.

noted.

DRM-free FS1 is available for Mac and for PC on the main page.

changed.

Thought I would mention this again, the timer for this bundle extended, this doesn't end until the end of the 15th.

changed.

MNC

The thing missing from this thread is the |OT|. It doesn't look pretty official. Is it because new thread for new news?

Im_Special

The thing missing from this thread is the |OT|. It doesn't look pretty official. Is it because new thread for new news?

Only games are allow to have OT's now, everything else like the Steam thread are just unofficial megathreads or whatever.

louiedog

The Spring Bundle on Indie Royale is live

Unstoppable Gorg - steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
Depths of Peril - steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Tobe's Vertical Adventure - steam (pc)
Inferno+ - windows, mac, desura
Slydris - windows, mac, desura
Ballistic - windows, mac, desura

http://www.indieroyale.com/

MRORANGE

The Spring Bundle on Indie Royale is live

Unstoppable Gorg - steam (pc and mac), windows, desura
Depths of Peril - steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Tobe's Vertical Adventure - steam (pc)
Inferno+ - windows, mac, desura
Slydris - windows, mac, desura
Ballistic - windows, mac, desura

http://www.indieroyale.com/

added.

Mods were vicious and promptly removed it when I added it to the the original title of the thread ;-;

hmmm what's this listing...

AppID

Name
Humble Indie Bundle 7

http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=14217

both listed in coming soon section.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Indie Facekick added Bridge It! for the next 48 hours! DRM free. Download is slow as fuck though. Only getting 5kb/s lol

RetroGreg

But you still get computer versions in those Android bundles...

I guess the games are mostly a bit older maybe?

I'd say mostly bad selections because they're limited to what is on Android AND I believe some of the games were repeated from previous bundles.

wilflare

think the humblebundle just came on
http://www.humblebundle.com/

The Humble
Botanicula Debut

A brand-new adventure game from Amanita Design. Botanicula has players adventuring as a motley band of tree creatures trying to save their home from parasitic invaders.

...Plus Amanita Design's award-winning hits and more. Amanita Design's unique vision shines in the atmospheric Samorost 2 and Machinarium. Pay more than the average price, and you'll also receive the full-length feature film Kooky (with art direction by Amanita Design founder Jakub Dvorský), and Vectorpark's puzzle-art game Windosill! And soundtracks for the Amanita Design games are included!

The_End

Apparently you need to kick in at least $5 now to get the Steam key.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one. If I didn't already own Samorost 2 and Machinarium I might pick it up. But I'm just not willing to pay that much for one game in a genre that I'm not all that crazy about.

Massa

Apparently you need to kick in at least $5 now to get the Steam key.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one. If I didn't already own Samorost 2 and Machinarium I might pick it up. But I'm just not willing to pay that much for one game in a genre that I'm not all that crazy about.

You could just pay a penny, try it out and up your price by $4.99 or more in case you like the game.

Top Bottom