• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / XB1 / Switch - August 2017 Games

jmizzal

Is Madden not coming to PS360 this year?

Doesnt look like it, not listed anywhere

Which is prob why no Switch version this year, but EA said Frostbite can run on Switch but I guess they have to get it working so I expect Madden 19 on Switch too

JJShadow

Already pre-ordered and paid:
- Mario + Rabbids
- Uncharted Lost Legacy
- Yakuza Kiwami

Interested in:
- Sonic Mania
- Hellblade
- Materfall
- Undertale

And during this month I bought like 4 new games. So many games, so little time

LordofPwn

Lots of good stuff coming.

I also think the Jak series of games are releasing in August. If you pre-order Uncharted: The Lost Legacy you also get Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for free. Don't think there's been official confirmation though on release date

wapplew

Would you buy an Xbox One if you could play all games on PS4? Exclusives are the reason for a console's existence and in this sense Sony is kicking MS in the ass.

I'm the owner of an Xbox One and I am pissed right now seeing so much exclusives on Sony's side.

Maybe people buy Xbox one for better service, preferable controller, friends, hardware design, UHD Bluray, etc?
Tons of reason to buy an Xbox one over PS4, maybe some people not interested in PS4 exclusive?

I really want that physical NUS Legacy collection. Even at $64 (with Prime discount) I think it's a good deal.... I just would rather play a bunch of new stuff in August though like Lost Legacy, Absolver, LiS:BtS, and DQXI (tech. 7/29 but it won't arrive till first week of August for me).

Do you think that physical Legacy will hold its $80 price tag-- or increase-- for a while or should I just bite the bullet now and get it for $64 since it won't get that low for quite some time?

Keinning

Would you buy an Xbox One if you could play all games on PS4? Exclusives are the reason for a console's existence and in this sense Sony is kicking MS in the ass.

I'm the owner of an Xbox One and I am pissed right now seeing so much exclusives on Sony's side.

Yes? I never bought my xbox for halo or gears to begin with. The games i play are mostly multiplat (except for the BC exclusives, but i wouldn't have them on a PS4 anyway). So no, exclusives are not the reason for a console existance - mostly services offered and price for me. People playing Witcher III or FFXV on pc/ps4 isn't going to make me enjoy the game less.

It's a shame you're not satisfied with your xbox, might as well consider selling it then, no reason to keep a console that pisses you off. Not everyone is as bothered as you though.

Sorry about the small derail, by the way - thread is about new releases. If you want to keep discussing, let's do it via edits at least.

Maybe people buy Xbox one for better service, preferable controller, friends, hardware design, UHD Bluray, etc?
Tons of reason to buy an Xbox one over PS4, maybe some people not interested in PS4 exclusive?

Yeah I agree. I did that myself. Sold my PS4 two years ago and went to Xbox because of all these technical reasons you mentioned and some exclusives that were due to be released.

It's annoying though to see their 2017 performance.

13ruce

Banned
I skip uncharted till psn sales cuz sony games seem to get sales fast in europe.

I had uncharted 4 on psn 5 months or so after release for 20 euro's.

Probably Picking Up
Sonic Mania
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack

Picking Up For Sure
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Yakuza: Kiwami

There's some potential other releases I might get like some eShop/PSN stuff, but that's up in the air. Pretty calm month for me (Kiwami and M+R already paid off), but it might change depending on indie/downloadable game announcements for the month. Calm before the storm is what it feels like with September and, definitely, October coming.

wapplew

It's annoying though to see their 2017 performance.

What's wrong with their 2017 performance?
They have most powerful console ready to launch, 22 console exclusives coming soon, financial never been better, stock at all time high, they also up first party investment, they are killing it actually.

Yes? I never bought my xbox for halo or gears to begin with. The games i play are mostly multiplat (except for the BC exclusives, but i wouldn't have them on a PS4 anyway). So no, exclusives are not the reason for a console existance - mostly services offered and price for me. People playing Witcher III or FFXV on pc/ps4 isn't going to make me enjoy the game less.

It's a shame you're not satisfied with your xbox, might as well consider selling it then, no reason to keep a console that pisses you off. Not everyone is as bothered as you though.

Sorry about the small derail, by the way - thread is about new releases. If you want to keep discussing, let's do it via edits at least.

I am talking about new releases. And the list published in this thread pisses me off. Am I disappointed? Yes absolutely! I have invested in an Elite Controller for example which I love to death, but while MS releases two exclusives, Sony releases much more according to the list.

That's the point no need to derail. I love the hardware and controller and Xbox Live and BC, but 2017 has been hard for me as an Xbox owner. My opinion.

Mezoly

Switch:
- Sonic Mania.
- Mario + Rabbids

PS4:
- Uncharted The Lost legacy.

Maybe : Hellblade.

What a month!! so much for clearing my backlog.

Melchiah

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be mine with the measly 15€ extra I paid for the special digital edition. in retrospect, that was even a better bargain than I thought. I'm also interested in White Day.

Elandyll

Banned
They have most powerful console ready to launch, 22 console exclusives coming soon, financial never been better, stock at all time high, they also up first party investment, they are killing it actually.
Jesus...

I'm starting to think you aren't trolling in those threads.

Oh no don't twist things up.

Talking from my gamer perspective. When was their last big releases? FH3 and GoW4? At least in my library. Then we saw Horizon, Persona, Nier (don't own a PC for games) and others very good games hitting PS4 only.

And this list here pretty much confirms their weak moment. Not talking about what's coming after X release. I hope they nail it as Sony is doing now.

j0hnnix

Gold Member

giphy.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And Aaron Greenberg said more exclusives to be announced at gamescom

Offtopic... something happened to Shinobi?
He gave impressions for Mass Effect Andromeda before it released and liked it. Some here didn't like that (especially after the game launched) so they claimed he was shilling and trying to sell the game. He has been gone since.

So many games, not enough time. I wasn't aware about some of these games. Going to have to stay strong, as for now I only plan to get Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody's Gold, and Windjammers day 1.

Just Tacoma next month for me.

I'm definitely getting Yakuza Kiwami at some point, but probably not until next year since I'm playing through Yakuza 0 at the moment and still have a lot left. Maybe Uncharted:TLL down the road as well, depending on how it's received.

timberger

Christ, that's another killer PS4 month in a year that hasn't exactly been short of them. Yakuza and Uncharted are top of the list of course, but there's about 8 others there I'm interested in... 9 if Warriors All-Stars miraculously manages NOT to be the total shitshow the Japanese release seemed to be (Doubtful).

Fuckin' loool

KraytarJ

Definites:
Mario + Rabbids
Uncharted

Maybes:
Yakuza
Everybody's Golf
Hellblade
Life is Strange
Tacoma (may have to wait for PS4)

It has officially begun.

Man that's a stacked month. Probably most hyped for Absolver and Hellblade.

Day 1:
Absolver
Hellblade

Probably Not Day 1 But Soon:
Nidhogg 2
Tacoma

Waiting for Sale:
Uncharted Lost Legacy

Wait and See:
Agents of Mayhem
Mario + Rabbids

killroy87

Damn, good month! My haul:

PS4:
Shadow Tactics
Life is Strange
Hellblade (maybe, gonna wait on reviews for this)
Agents of Mayhem (if by some grace of god this gets incredible reviews. Otherwise wait for deep discount)
Nidhogg 2
Uncharted
Everybody's Golf (wait for reviews)
Windjammers
Yakuza Kiwami

Switch:
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids (game of the month, for sure)

Jesus, I didn't realize it was such a big month. Looks like all my maybes will probably be put on the "wait for sale" pile.

Rymuth

Oh no don't twist things up.

Talking from my gamer perspective. When was their last big releases? FH3 and GoW4? At least in my library. Then we saw Horizon, Persona, Nier (don't own a PC for games) and others very good games hitting PS4 only.

And this list here pretty much confirms their weak moment. Not talking about what's coming after X release. I hope they nail it as Sony is doing now.

He's not being serious. Worse than PS4 fanboys who get riled by Wapplew are the XB1 fanboys who point and say, "YUSSS, that man speaks the truth"

Here's hint: In the NPD thread, he argued the UHD Sales will kick off and help Xbox One overtake PS4.

tl;dr - don't feed the troll.

Top Bottom