• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 / XB1 / Switch - August 2017 Games

tootie923

Got Uncharted: LL pre-ordered since last year. Looking forward to Hellblade and Tacoma, but I'll probably get them on sale. I'd rather get Tacoma on the PS4 anyway. Most of the others are wait and see or wait for a sale.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
If you're not buying Sonic Mania (It's only $20!), you don't have a soul.

Drewfonse

As a diehard PS/Xbox gamer, I have to applaud the continued deluge of PS exclusives. Absolutely killing it. I sold my One a few months ago and don't regret it a bit. I may or may not get an X, but part of me thinks I'll be happy with just my Pro for the foreseeable future.

jf DOOM

Grabbing Uncharted and Hot Shots.Temptrd to grab Yakuza since it's so cheap but I know I won't have the time to play it....
I'm going to buy it

timberger

Actually, I was interested in Nidhogg 2 until I remembered that awful new art style, so I'm gonna give that a wide berth I think.

Just saw the physical release for Naruto Legacy though, and that's a sweet looking package... plus I never played any of the DLC for any of these games so it seems worth a look.

Here's hint: In the NPD thread, he argued the UHD Sales will kick off and help Xbox One overtake PS4.

Hahaha... can't believe there are still people who seriously believe this is something that's likely to happen after all this time.

Remember when 360 BC was gonna destroy PS4 as well? Still checking my watch on that one a couple of years later.

JarlRaven

Uncharted and Yakuza for me. Maybe White Day (since I love horror games) and Mario + Rabbids if I can find the time to play them.

Would you buy an Xbox One if you could play all games on PS4? Exclusives are the reason for a console's existence and in this sense Sony is kicking MS in the ass.

I'm the owner of an Xbox One and I am pissed right now seeing so much exclusives on Sony's side.

Honestly I would buy and though I have both Xbox one and PS4 (switch too) I still buy majority of my games on Xbox. Now I know my reasons aren't the same for everyone but still Xbox does have games on it even though they not exclusive.

Mr Moose

White Day and Everybody's Golf for sure (enjoyed the beta), maybe Uncharted and Yakuza (if not this month maybe next month).

What's wrong with their 2017 performance?
They have most powerful console ready to launch, 22 console exclusives coming soon, financial never been better, stock at all time high, they also up first party investment, they are killing it actually.

lol

He's not being serious. Worse than PS4 fanboys who get riled by Wapplew are the XB1 fanboys who point and say, "YUSSS, that man speaks the truth"

Here's hint: In the NPD thread, he argued the UHD Sales will kick off and help Xbox One overtake PS4.

tl;dr - don't feed the troll.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

They feel it as a personal attack. Lol at those people.

mauaus

My wallet is going to die:

Switch:
Sonic Mania
Mario+Rabbids
Gunvolt

PS4:
Shadow Tactics (maybe)
Life is Strange
Patapon
Matterfall
Undertale
Uncharted LL
Absolver (Maybe, looks cool)
Yakuza Kiwami (only if i finish 0 first)

Honestly I would buy and though I have both Xbox one and PS4 (switch too) I still buy majority of my games on Xbox. Now I know my reasons aren't the same for everyone but still Xbox does have games on it even though they not exclusive.

I understand you. I wouldn't if were not for exclusives. Different perspectives.

My point was that their moment is weak, not their entire life time library of course. I'm pretty sure you got that too. Appreciate.

Withnail

Summer drought is a thing of the past.

I'm definitely getting:

Undertale
Matterfall
Everybody's Golf

Maybe getting:

Yakuza Kiwami
Uncharted

PS4 2017 is just nuts.

Hope we also get some announced indies releasing on Switch like Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight.

Rymuth

Some other Xbox Exclusives that are missing from that list..

The Way
https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/the-way/bz8x3g85kd8z

Slime Rancher
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/slime-rancher-game-preview/c2nc88m7nwz1

Race Arcade
https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/race-arcade/bv341k87fd1m

also

Hello Neighbour
Bleed

Why is the OP so poorly researched?

Apologies, i didn't know indie games were considered quality titles all of a sudden :)

As opposed to the Sony Indie Store which is jam jacked full with quality titles!

Ushay

EvB

Apologies, i didn't know indie games were considered quality titles all of a sudden :)

Are you sure you didn't know? you already included some in the OP.

Also, I'm not sure why you've found a post talking about Ps3 and Windows 8 stores and used that?

Mentok

Banned
Mario + Rabbids
Gunvolt (hoping the eshop I use gets it, I've never used it Play-Asia before)
Yakuza Kiwami

I still have to finish Zelda! Any chance I finish all these before Mario Odyssey? Jeez.

StarPhlox

It's an unbelievable month hahaha

So far I've preordered or will be day 1 on

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Sonic Mania
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Mario & Rabbids
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack

...and may get Yakuza Kiwami eventually because 0 was great.

Shadow Tactics is really great. I played a ton of it on PC, and used a XB1 controller the whole time. If the console versions run well I recommend it.

Shock32

August is stacked. I completely forgotten about everybody's golf and yakuza. Should hold me over until the beginning of September for the GoTY.

jrcbandit

Pre-ordered Yakuza Kiwami, can't wait.

Might be getting Uncharted and Mario+Rabbids, depending on reviews/user feedback. But I was very underwhelmed with Uncharted 4.

bitbydeath

I also wouldn't overlook 'Last Day of June', arriving 31st August.

DBUPDMwWsAEycKy.jpg

Synless

For a board that has told me Undertale was the greatest PC indie rpg ever I don't see a lot of hype in this thead.

Buying Undertale, Uncharted, Hellblade, Mario+Rabbids, and Sonic Mania.

Top Bottom