• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Blueblur1

I don't expect Capcom to be as organized as they were in February with Kolin. They'll probably wait until E3 to announce Abigail. And even then we'll first see him when someone runs to the Capcom booth and takes a shit cellphone pic. Then 2 hours later someone will upload a decent video on Twitter. And then the blog post will hit 3 days later. lol

Skilletor

I don't expect Capcom to be as organized as they were in February with Kolin. They'll probably wait until E3 to announce Abigail. And even then we'll first see him when someone runs to the Capcom booth and takes a shit cellphone pic. Then 2 hours later someone will upload a decent video on Twitter. And then the blog post will hit 3 days later. lol

I really doubt they're going to waste any time revealing anything for a year old game at e3.

I'd expect nothing but Marvel there for fighters.

Edzi

Fuck this game. Fuck this game. Fuck this game. Decide to hop onto ranked because why not. First game, Kinda laggy, but I win. Failure to send/receive. Wait a while for a second match. I win. Failure to send/receive. Third match, I win first game. Failure to send/receive. Proceed to lose next two games, and actually lose my points this time. Fuck this game.

Blueblur1

I really doubt they're going to waste any time revealing anything for a year old game at e3.

I'd expect nothing but Marvel there for fighters.

I expect them to have SFV there. Specifically because E3 is open to the public this year (well, those who already bought a ticket) and they could easily devote 2 setups to SFV.

Village

I think Injustice 2 was more of the direct competitor to SFV and i can tell people are already over it's honeymoon period and they are starting to complain about things, but Tekken is different i don't think Tekken can replace SF or vice versa for anyone they are just too different from each other.

This feels like the perspective of a person so far inside they can't see anything. Most people i know right now, let alone the ones who play fight games are playing injustice, and they havent been playing SF for a hot minute.

Same will probably be true of tekken, people didn't hop off street fighter for those games, people had been hopped off SF months ago and then those games came out

I occasionally talk about SF and then being asked " why are you even playing that game"

MCD250

Fuck this game. Fuck this game. Fuck this game. Decide to hop onto ranked because why not. First game, Kinda laggy, but I win. Failure to send/receive. Wait a while for a second match. I win. Failure to send/receive. Third match, I win first game. Failure to send/receive. Proceed to lose next two games, and actually lose my points this time. Fuck this game.
Don't you still get (or lose) the points during failure to send errors? I usually do, they just take a minute to show up.

Did someone take over Capcom's Twitter? So weird of them putting out a date for the CFN and then saying "hey more info soon".

Like that's how you should fucking do it.

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

Game is alright but it's tiresome stumbling around the space station.

I expect them to have SFV there. Specifically because E3 is open to the public this year (well, those who already bought a ticket) and they could easily devote 2 setups to SFV.

Probably on the side, but I doubt anything will be mainstage. So we'll get a post/video prior to everything with Capcom showing a new character off at E3.

Edit: Ahh those offline loading times are down to 15 seconds now once the VS comes up. That's less than the 21 seconds it was at originally.

here's hoping to more good news

that's the best part b

Maybe it's my lack of time.

Or me frantically trying to get better at SFV and Gundam.

I dunno.

In terms of good news for SF, I really hope that they keep this kind of communication up. Sucks that the Twitter is full of shitposters, because this is a moment where people should be like "capcom, do this shit from now on" instead of memeing out. But the memes are more important.

Yeah, I doubt it will be on any stage. They would probably recycle those PS4 stations they've previously slapped SFV into.

True, I could be wrong!

Capcom seems to market one thing at a time.I would like to have them bring new characters to CPT events if possible. That'd be real nice on getting feedback.

Oh shit, Nemo is gonna be at Red Bull. Finally

Finally. Make Urien deserve those nerfs.

Rymuth

How is it that the first time Akuma has ever had plot relevance in a game....is in Tekken 7 all of a sudden?
Akuma shouldn't factor into the plot, though. He works best as a behind the scenes force, fucking about till the main antagonist needs to be Raging Demon'ed.

MrCarter

In terms of good news for SF, I really hope that they keep this kind of communication up. Sucks that the Twitter is full of shitposters, because this is a moment where people should be like "capcom, do this shit from now on" instead of memeing out. But the memes are more important.

Nobody actually listens to those silly memes as they are from sad, lowlife has-beens who have nothing better to do with thier life apart from get salty and post nonsense because "thier" games are not more popular. Pathetic.

Good luck with your interview lol.

You keep on switching your avatar �� man just get over it, you love FANG and no Injustice character will be able to replace him ever :p.
MyV8cLw.png

Guys, Edzi is going crazy!

b5b1fe6cb8825ac923770b1051c09223.jpg

myco666

A date on Ed and new CFN? Great. Also some unnannounced content? Could it be... a Birdie costume? Nah. It will be Birdie costume for Chun.

Edit: Ahh those offline loading times are down to 15 seconds now once the VS comes up. That's less than the 21 seconds it was at originally.
Is that the loading time from when both players have selected a character on PS4?

A date on Ed and new CFN? Great. Also some unnannounced content? Could it be... a Birdie costume? Nah. It will be Birdie costume for Chun.
It could just be the Thailand stage, no?
Not that I'd complain about being able to get my hands on that.

myco666

Ucchedavāda;237895635 said:
It could just be the Thailand stage, no?
Not that I'd complain about being able to get my hands on that.

We are talking about Capcom so, yes. The wording makes it sound like there is actually something else too however.

jett

D-Member
lol

Harada might "care" about story in Tekken, but it's no less stupid than Street Fighter. Namco knows how to make entertaining CG clips, that's it.

Pompadour

lol

Harada might "care" about story in Tekken, but it's no less stupid than Street Fighter. Namco knows how to make entertaining CG clips, that's it.

Yeah, I find it weird when people complain about Tekken being too serious. The goofy CG endings are legitimately well done and make the story aspect of Tekken way more palatable. Their CG team is great and it'd a waste for them to be shackled doing a profoundly boring, serious Tekken story.

Kashiwaba

I used to care about this when I was younger. Now I'm good with online, a training mode and a nice roster.
It's good thing to spend the first one or two weeks, try all the cast and have some laughs, then you can move to online.
I agree it's not the most important but it's a welcome addition.

To the people who hated focus attacks in neutral (they were dumb, I won't argue that 100% (in neutral at least) ) and prefer SFV's system.. how do you feel about the Priority system mixed in with crush counters?

In SFIV, if you poked with a slow heavy normal that wasn't cancellable, you might get punished if someone did a focus attack at the same time, poorly implemented idea in that area but I enjoyed it in others (focusing fireballs etc)

Now to SFV with the priority system + crush counters, when you poke with a medium button and an opponent presses a heavy button at the same time you get this which is really really ass backwards and stupid. In regards to mediums beating lights, especially in wakeup situations to beat wakeup jabs done at the same time, I can accept that. But when you poke with a medium button and Urien presses st.HP at the same time and he gets a full crumple state combo conversion in neutral? It's basically like level 2 focus attacks again without having armour or basically your heavier attack just overrides their attack. What's the point of poking with medium buttons if the opponent can press a heavier button and get up to 60% off of it. No whiff punishing, nothing smart, just using heavy buttons to poke with. I abuse this all the time but it's really really stupid lol. The whole neutral game design would be better if the priority system was either taken out in regards to heavies eating mediums or if crush counters in neutral were taken out or heavily adjusted. Crush counters on the recovery of invincible reversals are totally fine so the risk/reward is there to use those moves. But in neutral? Pure retardation imo.

Picture this. You're using Guile for example.

An opponent is walking towards you, to stop that, you press a cr.MK, Guile's best poke. The opponent just happens to press (for this example lets use Balrog) st.HK. Crush counter, walk up cr.HP -> Heavy Upper special thingy, ex dash or regular dash super etc. 50%, into full corner carry into probably an L. And if he gets VT off of that crush counter? definitely an L.

there's actually somebody out there that took time to design this and considered it smart. this was the game that was for the old heads that liked old school footsies. this was for graham wolfe.

this pretty much just promotes swinging haymakers in neutral fishing for CC's which is really gotdamn stupid tbh. Now I'm not saying that the game is ruled by this stupidness, there are still really good fast medium pokes that you can use efficiently (Chun b.MP, Mika st.MP, Urien Fwd. MP, Balrog st.MK etc) it's just the way priority & crush counter systems were designed is kinda anti footsies imo.

I once tried to whiff punish Necalli's st.HK with a cr.HP. Like I put all my focus into whiff punishing this move. I couldn't see anything else, any jump would've went unchecked, any dash unchecked. my only focus was to whiff punish this move. I felt like Peter Parker vs Flash Thompson in Spiderman 1 when Peter first started realizing his powers and saw Flash's punch in slow motion. I saw the st.HK, I pressed my button afterwards outside of it's range to go for the whiff punish.. I got CC'd -> VT -> st.HP stomp stomp stomp -> CA -> 50/50 command throw gg. it was in that moment of clarity I asked myself; Who thought of this? Who's mans was behind this? Lone Dragon explain. MrCarter explain. Skilletor explain. Reizo explain.

If characters are gonna have crush counters in neutral, maybe make them all blow back like Balrog's st.HP, so off of a VT activation, all you could maybe get is a CA or one extra special. Losing instantly off of trying to poke with a lower level button is ass backwards nonsense imo.

Speaking with various top players over the weekend about the game and S2 in general.. most of them shared the same idea.
most of them also admitted to missing SF4 :)

MCD250

I think the problem could be somewhat alleviated by limiting most or all crush counter buttons in some way, like say, making them heavily punishable on block. So the big reward you get from sticking them out would be balanced out by the risk you take for doing so. I guess that might kill Bison's game, but hey.

That's not the only thing you could do in terms if limiting crush counters, of course, but it's one idea. Having crush counter buttons not be governed by the priority system would also work.

mbpm1

I think that's a decent solution, and/or leaving cc buttons that are short ranged unable to do much from further range but still getting the damage up close.

Except for Kolin, make her cr. mk CC and vaccum characters in for disproportionate damage Kappa

Top Bottom