• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

So not only are we getting the best Marvel character added to the game, but the best possible costume alongside him as well.

J2OkvIe.jpg

I look at it this way. The PC version is done. I had a great time with Marvel Heroes online for the PC. Spent 1000's of hours (a several hundred dollars). i wanted more, but in the end, I got way more than I expected when I first stated to play it.

The console is going to be a new and different but similar product. I might play it... might not.

More and more sounds like Brevik/Doomsaw caused the crash course of the game. Seems weird though that they'd have those issues with Marvel Games regarding content and characters when things like Advance Packs were planned

Dorman is a little overly optimistic about the past. I agree with Brevik that if they chased a console release during the PS3-360 age, it would have failed then. Yes now the console market for mmos is important and possible.

The issue with Marvel is glossed over. Who was in charge of approving Marvel licensing changed every few months. Marvel Games as a division didn't exist until post Lucasfilms and the closue of LucasArts. Brevik did talk about submitting products months before launch and Marvel ignoring them and then throwing tiny change demands at the last minute causing huge delays. One of the main reasons was because what was submitted to one guy in charge wasn't shared with the next. So Gazillian was forced to wait till the last minute. I believe at this point, Marvel Games is going to be stable going on out.

Dorman is taking credit for these ideas when these ideas existed from the beginning but the timing wasn't right. Still pulling for him though.

their Marvel 10 year contract is up next year too btw

edit: wait thats a lie, its up in 2019, I dont know what year it is.

I'm not sure where I heard it. maybe I imagine it.I think it got extended to 2022 when they got the console rights.

You really think the PC version is done for outside of token holiday events? :\ Although saying that, I haven't played much Heroes at all this year and forgot it was the anniversary.

I will say again that having just returned to the game, there is still a fun core experience there and I don't think there has ever been a marvel game with fan service as good as this game.

I just needed a longer break between play sessions than I used to.

I'm in my phone, but over in the Omega thread someone posted a Reddit link that on Omega, all costumes will be in loot boxes only, starting Jun 30. No more straight sales.

Oh, Gaz.

Volimar

QuBYQbg.png

I'll never need to complain about Gaz changing legendaries without giving full refunds to lv. 80 for a long time I think.

My biggest problem with lvl 80s is that you have to be 60 to use them when they are practically tailor made for cosmic prestige heroes. They should be useable at lvl 1.

Ploid 3.0

I guess Sue and the gang will always remain as they are now, with no improvements? Oh boy, and I have a good Sue costume too. I was planning on fully gearing her up.

Dec

I guess Sue and the gang will always remain as they are now, with no improvements? Oh boy, and I have a good Sue costume too. I was planning on fully gearing her up.

Apparently they will still get updates, but they now have no financial reasons to make those characters worth playing so I guess we will see.

They will also of course never receive another costume again (even though The Maker was confirmed for Reed a long time ago :( ).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ouch... good to know the contract is getting renewed at least.

It's hard for me to be mad at Gaz for this. They either weren't allowed to announce the F4 thing until now or they were trying to renegotiate up until the last minute. It's not like Gaz wants to sell less heroes.

To continue the downer news, you cannot purchase any tie-in stuff related to SM: Homecoming directly. Like the change for console, the stuff is all behind FCs for PC.

That didn't surprise me at all after half of the Guardians stuff was behind cards. I wouldn't be shocked if every new costume (except for maybe the second costume on new heroes) is locked behind FCs.

On one hand, their business model wasn't working and it's understandable they need to do something to turn it around. On the other hand, going all-in on whale-chasing f2p scumminess is hard to swallow after following the game for so long.

Drayco21

I know I've spent, like, the last year just opening this thread so to call this game a dumpster fire...

but jesus, what a fucking dumpster fire.

Happy Anniversary!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's hard for me to be mad at Gaz for this. They either weren't allowed to announce the F4 thing until now or they were trying to renegotiate up until the last minute. It's not like Gaz wants to sell less heroes.

Yeah, this is 100% out of Gaz's hands. I'm sure they aren't happy about it at all.

I don't really care about the FF in general but Silver Surfer is cool so knowing he will probably be back-burner forever
or until the game closes next year
is disappointing. But at least they somehow managed to exempt Doom from this.

Edit: I just realized Doom's default costume is one of the items going away. I guess they'll change it to what SHOULD have been his default in the first place, classic green.

Altairre

Well damn, I saw it too late and lost my white Doom costume as a result. I like it better than the green one so that sucks. At least I have the costumes that I want for the other ones.

Yup, while I may not have played any of the FF characters, this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I practically used all my boosts, finished up leveling any remaining characters I had, spent the remaining Gs I had, blew through all my eternity splinters, and uninstalled.

Not only has PC version received little to no new content, they're actually taking things away. Guess I'm going all in with D3 seasons and Necro.

Yup, while I may not have played any of the FF characters, this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

This is hilarious. They also just literally added a new terminal and boss this week. So it's not really true that they aren't adding anything to the game, not to mention that the F4 weren't removed. You can still do everything you could with them before. Marvel just doesn't allow you to buy them anymore. I hope your boycott extends to every other Marvel video game since it is their policy, not Gaz's. (Never thought I'd be defending them).

This is hilarious. They also just literally added a new terminal and boss this week. So it's not really true that they aren't adding anything to the game, not to mention that the F4 weren't removed. You can still do everything you could with them before. Marvel just doesn't allow you to buy them anymore. I hope your boycott extends to every other Marvel video game since it is their policy, not Gaz's. (Never thought I'd be defending them).

why are you, since he doesn't attack gaz anywhere and says "LITTLE to no new content"

Ploid 3.0

Rogue seems like a beast, though with the sun tank build it does seem slow to kill. Loki and Emma may be better, but Rogue just looks cool with all of the effects.

why are you, since he doesn't attack gaz anywhere and says "LITTLE to no new content"

followed by " they're actually taking things away." Who is "they" in this sentence if not Gaz. And nothing was removed from the game if you had access to it before. I guess that part's semantics, but literally everything I had access to before the patch is the same except for achievements.

The whole statement suggests that it's Gazillion's fault that any of this happened as opposed to Marvel's licensing department.

followed by " they're actually taking things away." Who is "they" in this sentence if not Gaz. And nothing was removed from the game if you had access to it before. I guess that part's semantics, but literally everything I had access to before the patch is the same except for achievements.

The whole statement suggests that it's Gazillion's fault that any of this happened as opposed to Marvel's licensing department.

you're right, that IS hilarious. also he didn't say anything about boycotting anything btw. I'm also boycotting a lot of games if uninstalling = boycotting.

Maybe chill out before going into Internet Argument Mode about like, nothing at all.

you're right, that IS hilarious. also he didn't say anything about boycotting anything btw. I'm also boycotting a lot of games if uninstalling = boycotting.

Maybe chill out before going into Internet Argument Mode about like, nothing at all.

It's a good thing there are people like you here to pick apart other people's posts to argue what they mean to somebody else.

I merely quoted a post and explained why I think that the viewpoint was flawed. You're the one who swooped in unannounced to dissect the argument. You literally came into this thread to start Internet Argument Mode.

"No u" - someone who definitely wasn't arguing

It's totally understandable if that was the final straw for someone, regardless of whether it's Gaz's fault. You're just being pedantic.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can understand folks being mad about the FF stuff no longer being available and, given the state of the game in general, it being a last straw to quit for good...

That being said, it's still crazy to use the removal of the FF as a reason to shit on Gaz. It was something that was done to them, not by them.

Cracklox

Missed the whole anniversary event for the first time since I've been playing, but loaded things up the other day, and despite everything that's going on, the games still pretty fun.

I can understand folks being mad about the FF stuff no longer being available and, given the state of the game in general, it being a last straw to quit for good...

That being said, it's still crazy to use the removal of the FF as a reason to shit on Gaz. It was something that was done to them, not by them.

Yeah, and that situation is still pretty weird. The announcement from the community manager was up for all of 4 hours or so, removed, and then no followup or clarification since (that I've seen). Further to that there was about a days notice to get them with splinters, and 2 or 3 to buy them with G's. Bizarre

Has it all since been removed? I already have all the related stuff.

Ploid 3.0

Gaf I need Surtur powers, so I demand a raid at our usual times. KePoW will be leading. Queen of Hunting will take care of portal duties, and after I steal the power we can all just exit out.

In all seriousness, I hope Gaz make his power available somewhere else. No one raids these days, not that I blame them. Maybe make a green soloable version.

Canadian

What are everyone's general thoughts on the game? I downloaded it yesterday and got to level 8 with Captain America but started to play as Zova as I preferred using projectiles, and he was affordable.

The game feels like a cheap diablo, it's not bad but I don't feel hooked on it yet. Are there some characters that are more fun to play as and is there anything I should look out for while I level?

Finaika

What are everyone's general thoughts on the game? I downloaded it yesterday and got to level 8 with Captain America but started to play as Zova as I preferred using projectiles, and he was affordable.

The game feels like a cheap diablo, it's not bad but I don't feel hooked on it yet. Are there some characters that are more fun to play as and is there anything I should look out for while I level?

You might like Wolverine.

Cracklox

Zova? Nova? He can go melee or ranged.

You can't really go wrong with playing your personal favorites though. The associated marvel lore is a big part of the game, and if you're into the character it makes it even better.

That said if you like ranged, probably my fave since the rework (I'm only through trying half the roster or so) is Magneto. He finally feels like the Master of Mutants should. Ranged Blade is also a beast. As is Cable. Magik is also a lot of fun, and you can play her as a summoner, ranged, melee or hybrid.

If you're not fussed on which hero to play, then random boxes are the best way to unlock heroes for 175 splinters each. You can get dupes doing that though, so its a good way to get heroes up until you have half the roster when the chances of dupes are against you.

You might like Wolverine.

What you did? I saw it

Canadian

Zova? Nova? He can go melee or ranged.

You can't really go wrong with playing your personal favorites though. The associated marvel lore is a big part of the game, and if you're into the character it makes it even better.

That said if you like ranged, probably my fave since the rework (I'm only through trying half the roster or so) is Magneto. He finally feels like the Master of Mutants should. Ranged Blade is also a beast. As is Cable. Magik is also a lot of fun, and you can play her as a summoner, ranged, melee or hybrid.

If you're not fussed on which hero to play, then random boxes are the best way to unlock heroes for 175 splinters each. You can get dupes doing that though, so its a good way to get heroes up until you have half the roster when the chances of dupes are against you.

Nova! :p Ooops. I played until level 17 with Nova yesterday but it felt too monotonous. I was repeatedly spamming the same buttons while rushing through rooms. I felt like I was on a fast moving conveyer belt while swatting at flies. I'm not a huge Marvel fan so that appeal is lost on me. The entire time I was playing I was thinking I could be playing a better game. I really do enjoy ARPGs but this one just wasn't clicking for me.

Top Bottom