• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2012 Edition

Here is my living room setup. My new additions since the last setup is a new AV receiver, sideboard cabinet, and Harmony 1100 Remote (touchscreen). I will be replacing the TV later this year.

rDLlo.jpg

Ayk6P.jpg

N9Jts.jpg

2lLha.jpg

Denon AVR-891, Cable Box, Wii, 360, Apple TV and PS3. All hooked up using RF to IR repeaters for Harmony remote controller so I can leave the entertainment stand closed the entire time (thus why the cables aren't clean / organized behind as you can't see them ever):

SImuZ.jpg

Just as I often get the questions in PMs. Both the coffee table and entertainment stand are discontinued (at least in Canada and US, possibly not in Europe) Ikea furniture. The entertainment stand is called Friel.

Tabris, stop showing off.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
My fat PS3 died. It sounded like a fatass, too. That fan was wheezing like you wouldn't believe. Fuckin' fatass piece of shit. Probably took up two seats on an airplane, but only paid for one. It died like a week ago, and I'm fucking glad. My new, skinny PS3 is quiet. I'm thinking about throwing my US 360 out a window so I can justify getting a new one of those, too... except the "slim" 360 is still fat as fuck. These game systems need to stop eating at Hardees.

Dartastic

So, this is my setup. 40" LED Samsung, with a PS3, 360, and Wii. Wii is behind the TV. 3DS is on the TV stand too, but it's all black so it blends in. Bose Lifestyle 35. Does well enough for my modest apartment. I also really like maps.
IMG_2061.jpg

Yeah, it's a bit dusty. Eh.
IMG_2064.jpg

Other angle.
IMG_2065.jpg

Where I sit.
IMG_2066.jpg

dyonPT

New year, refeshed setup :)

I bougth an yamaha amplifier and recieved on cristhmas an Xbox 360 :)

The new pics of my living room setup.

DSC08519.JPG

Yamaha YHT-296 , Asus Oplay, Xbox360 and Google Nexus one Dock
DSC08525.JPG

All tha remotes (yes, its a Wii remote, but I don't have the console in the living room...it's closed in the box. )
DSC08540.JPG

PS3 and Epson TW-3200 projector
DSC08569.JPG

Sony bravia 32V5500 and others
DSC08580.JPG

Le Cat
DSC08594.JPG

DSC08610.JPG

DSC08605.JPG

:)

The_Monk

I just saw those tiles and I guessed without looking who was posting where you are from dyonPT :p

Congrats on the new 360 btw!

New year, refeshed setup :)

I bougth an yamaha amplifier and recieved on cristhmas an Xbox 360 :)

The new pics of my living room setup.

DSC08519.JPG

Yamaha YHT-296 , Asus Oplay, Xbox360 and Google Nexus one Dock
DSC08525.JPG

All tha remotes (yes, its a Wii remote, but I don't have the console in the living room...it's closed in the box. )
DSC08540.JPG

PS3 and Epson TW-3200 projector
DSC08569.JPG

Sony bravia 32V5500 and others
DSC08580.JPG

Le Cat
DSC08594.JPG

DSC08610.JPG

DSC08605.JPG

:)

You should remove the protective film of your receiver;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, this is my setup. 40" LED Samsung, with a PS3, 360, and Wii. Wii is behind the TV. 3DS is on the TV stand too, but it's all black so it blends in. Bose Lifestyle 35. Does well enough for my modest apartment. I also really like maps.

The maps are great, but you might find you like them visually more if you took down half of them, spread the others around your apartment, and framed them all. Framing doesn't cost much and makes a big difference aesthetically.

Something as simple as the frames Tabris is using on his would be fine; a nice black frame with a nice white mat.

btf1980

Latest pics. All components are in the credenza.

The system will go through a revamp and overhaul soon. Upgrading speakers, amplifier, and turntable. 2011 was a good year for me, so I will enjoy the fruits of my labor in 2012.

6587692061_52d7b74d5c_b.jpg

6587692257_ebe1bcaac6_b.jpg

6587692627_8cc835e7b9_b.jpg

6587692457_55b1450e7f_b.jpg

4244392746_2c380eb1a0_o.jpg

dyonPT

Do you have any pictures of the projector picture in the dark? So I can get a sense for the picture it produces. I am thinking of buying that same model.

I love the projector, and the price is good also :) It works well in the day, but it's in the dark it completly shines :)

I only have this picures, and they are not in complete dark.

DSC08608.JPG

DSC01614.JPG

DSC01605.JPG

I love this.

He loves ir too :D

I just saw those tiles and I guessed without looking who was posting where you are from dyonPT :p

Congrats on the new 360 btw!

RLY? how? :p From other pictures from here or other forum?
And yeah...I hate those Fukin** tiles...

You should remove the protective film of your receiver;)

Good Idea :)

Kambing

The system will go through a revamp and overhaul soon. Upgrading speakers, amplifier, and turntable. 2011 was a good year for me, so I will enjoy the fruits of my labor in 2012.

Where did you get that audio equipment rack/tower that is holding your receiver, turntable and amp(?) if you don't mind me asking? Seems like the perfect size when compared to the equipment racks i have seen.

Really nice setup man!

EDIT: NVM

btf1980

Where did you get that audio equipment rack/tower that is holding your receiver, turntable and amp(?) if you don't mind me asking? Seems like the perfect size when compared to the equipment racks i have seen.

Really nice setup man!

EDIT: NVM

In case anyone else is wondering, it's the Solid Tech Rack of Silence Reference Model 3.

5007013678_36151e4ab3_b.jpg

Not that many dealers in the US, but Audio Advisor has them.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SOREF3

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sorry guys, long story short - new flat, overly ambitious refurb, shit project manager => budget crisis

So the job has been dragging but is now complete except for splashback which I can get in a week or two. And bar stools in 6 weeks, but I won't wait for them. After the splasback I'll grab a tripod and take new pics.

I'm super happy with where I got, but damn it was a pain.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Sorry guys, long story short - new flat, overly ambitious refurb, shit project manager => budget crisis

So the job has been dragging but is now complete except for splashback which I can get in a week or two. And bar stools in 6 weeks, but I won't wait for them. After the splasback I'll grab a tripod and take new pics.

I'm super happy with where I got, but damn it was a pain.

I have been meaning to ask you,

can you elaborate on the process of storing ripped dvds/video content and having everything streamed via wifi throughout the house? You said in 2009 that you did it but I am just wondering how.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have been meaning to ask you,

can you elaborate on the process of storing ripped dvds/video content and having everything streamed via wifi throughout the house? You said in 2009 that you did it but I am just wondering how.

Sure, I have an Iomega 4TB drive, the one with an aluminum body, hooked up to my MacBook Pro that serves content via iTunes and Eyeconnect. DVDs ripped as ISO files for all movies and additional iTunes mov for the best ones. Currently can only watch iTunes stuff via Apple TV 2 and AVIs on PS3 via Eyeconnect from my Mac Book Pro. Haven't figured out yet the best way to watch the DVD ISOs on my TV - how to sharee them and what device to use to watch them.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I personally really like the look of the phat ps3 and the reason I have it in the middle is the black + chrome accent matches my tv and speakers. Gotta consider things like that when placing / buying your gear.

Hey, I ain't hating, it's a beautiful setup, but I totally disagree with you thinking it matches. It sticks out like a sore thumb for me, especially the chrome. If you had a slick, sexy, slim there though..mm..yes..yes.. Also I have an all black setup as well but my Lightning PS3 is always the first thing people notice and comment on. Having a sleek, white, decorated machine in the middle of all that black is like a shining beam of light..or so I like to believe considering my system is surrounded by multi-colored baby mats.

Tabris

Hey, I ain't hating, it's a beautiful setup, but I totally disagree with you thinking it matches. It sticks out like a sore thumb for me, especially the chrome. If you had a slick, sexy, slim there though..mm..yes..yes.. Also I have an all black setup as well but my Lightning PS3 is always the first thing people notice and comment on. Having a sleek, white, decorated machine in the middle of all that black is like a shining beam of light..or so I like to believe considering my system is surrounded by multi-colored baby mats.

Well post your setup so people can see if you're right or not.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Sure, I have an Iomega 4TB drive, the one with an aluminum body, hooked up to my MacBook Pro that serves content via iTunes and Eyeconnect. DVDs ripped as ISO files for all movies and additional iTunes mov for the best ones. Currently can only watch iTunes stuff via Apple TV 2 and AVIs on PS3 via Eyeconnect from my Mac Book Pro. Haven't figured out yet the best way to watch the DVD ISOs on my TV - how to sharee them and what device to use to watch them.

Alright.

We are trying to eliminate need for cable service all together. My family has many dvd's and it would be nice to not have physical media anymore as well (hence my interest in the question.) Apparently Hulu + does not have new episodes of "The Walking Dead" or "Dexter" so this might be a no go. I am looking into whether or not those shows can be purchased/rented on the Apple TV.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Well post your setup so people can see if you're right or not.

I posted earlier in the thread that since my setup hasn't changed much in the past few years, only the place I live, that there wasn't much point reposting the same thing from previous threads. Also I'm not worried, I know I'm right, about my setup that is. My opinion on your's (specifically the phat) is just that, an opinion. As long as you think it fits, then it's perfect the way it is.

edit: Actually, here, a quick shot of the baby proof setup:

There's a Denon amp and a surround speaker setup in the back but it's too messy to take a picture of.

Just assembled this TV stand... took several hours and I hurt my back. On top of that there wasn't enough room for my receiver so I had to remove the feet just to get it in there. :(

IMGP0577.jpg

Panasonic P50G10

Yamaha RX-A3000

MartinLogan Preface (fronts), Encore (center), and 4 Creative Gigawork THX certified sattilite speakers (rears).

BIC/Acoustech PL-200 (subwoofer)

Dish Network VIP 722K

LE Gunmetal Grey MGS4 PS3 (40GB)

Xbox 360 Elite (w/ 250GB HDD)

Toshiba HDA20 HD-DVD Player

Denon Universal Player (DVD-Audio, SACD, and Upconverting DVD player)

6587692257_ebe1bcaac6_b.jpg

6587692627_8cc835e7b9_b.jpg

6587692457_55b1450e7f_b.jpg

4244392746_2c380eb1a0_o.jpg

Jesus, that turntable alone looks like it's worth more than my whole entertainment system.

Top Bottom