• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Reflection coming west on PS4 and PC Sept 26

Ryuukan

DBo50uTUQAAvDgQ.jpg

GUST Studios' latest original project set in an all-girls high-school!

Source

edit: 9/26 for NA, 9/29 for EU, never/never for vita

Whew I thought this wasn't coming when they announced atelier firis and nights of azure 2 with no mention of this.

In it for the great soundtrack and art style the rest is meh

Japanese and importer impressions haven't been encouraging, but it's nice to see KT committed to bringing over almost everything. Surprised they didn't bother with Atelier Quest Board on mobile, given FE Heroes' success internationally.

Quixzlizx

Looking forward to this one. I guess I'll choose between PS4 and PC depending on port quality and whether NISA gets the rights to an LE.

Japanese and importer impressions haven't been encouraging, but it's nice to see KT committed to bringing over almost everything. Surprised they didn't bother with Atelier Quest Board on mobile, given FE Heroes' success internationally.

Damn it, I wish I hadn't known about this
I want it.

Clov

So the gameplay's not that good? That's too bad if so, since I've really enjoyed some of the Atelier games they've put out.

DAMN IT where was this thread when I was refreshing the front page of Gaming Side before I clicked my damn post thread button?! XD

Not even a mention of digital for Vita. Did this happen for Nights of Azure/Yoru no Nai Kuni as well? Trying to recall.

Can we get importer impressions here?

Cornbread78

I'm bummed they skipped on the Vita version, even though the English trophies popped up though....

I'll probably pass on it because there are just too many games on PS4 that want my attention and I'll probably never get to it with Destiny2 and Ni No Kuni 2 releasing in the fall/winter and DQ XI right around the corner.

Just too many games...

icecream

Public Health Threat
It's definitely a pretty game. Even more so on the PS4 Pro.

But be forewarned, it is very barebones: repetitive gameplay, battle system is simple (can just power through everything without actually using the systems) lackluster story, and a lot of content also based in DLC.

RedSwirl

Been wondering why nobody ever tried to make a magical girl RPG before (that I know of). I just don't know about the art style...

Also disappointed at the lack of a Vita version, but I will likely buy this because Gust. Even though I feel their quality has slipped massively in recent years, they're still among my favourite devs and make some beautiful games.

This has the perfect premise to be like a girl version of persona(not to say girls can't play persona already obviously). It's gust tho I expected too much

18-Volt

It's a 40 something hours JRPG, how will I find free time to finish this? Handhelds are godsend for lenghty JRPG's like this, after 12 years, I finally was able to finish DQ9 thanks to them.

Game is just okay. Couldn't muster up the energy to finish it, even though I think I'm pretty close to the end.

Some shoddy fanservice too, which is kinda low for Gust.

Bleh. It feels like the last time Gust had anything resembling a win was Atelier Sophie. What's going on over there?

mankoto

No Vita version is disappointing. But it's coming. That's all I've asked for. If they ever announce an LE I'll get it in a heartbeat

It's a super short game. Not worth full price.

Mel's artwork has never looked better though.

Maybe I'll just wait to nab the artbook like I did for the Arland Trilogy of Atelier games. >_>

(Probably be an import in this game's case, one doubts they'll do a Limited Edition of note here)

Bleh. It feels like the last time Gust had anything resembling a win was Atelier Sophie. What's going on over there?

Yeah, they're being stretched thin by Koei-Tecmo it feels. Honestly, I haven't disliked any Gust game... ever? But I haven't loved one since probably Ar no Surge. Last game I truly adored was Atelier Meruru.

Even stuff like Ar Tonelico 3, although frustrating, still felt like it had a lot of heart to it. Their latest games don't. That still makes them better than the majority of otaku devs, but it's a shame to see them slip.

RK128

Knew they would never localize the Vita version :l. Sigh..Nights of Azure all over again. I got a PS4 now, so not a huge deal but still...

Loved the battle music from a recent gameplay video and it visually looks really striking. Can't wait to play this later in the year :D

ys45

I was looking forward to this game, disappointed to hear about the fanservice :(
Question to people who already played it.

Without too much spoilers what kind of fanservice are we talking about?

I was looking forward to this game, disappointed to hear about the fanservice :(
Question to people who already played it.

Without too much spoilers what kind of fanservice are we talking about?
Teenage high school underwear shots,towel shots, bath scenes,bit of yuri mixed in here and there.

It's gust

Tohsaka

Day one, September is packed if you like niche Japanese games. This, Ys 8, Utawarerumono Mask of Truth and maybe Danganronpa 3.

Battlechili

Banned
zdsU7xU.png

HYPE

Magical girl games are strangely low in amount, so this is a real treat. And I'm so glad KT is continuing these Gust PC releases too, as Gust's artists and 3D modelers are incredible and this game especially has this beautifully realistic environments with gorgeous 3D animesque models all in one. It'll be nice being able to play this at high res assuming KT allows it. As for the complaints about fanservice, I actually like fanservice, so its just more of a plus if you ask me.

Day one buy for sure. I just hope KT doesn't screw up the art assets somehow like they did for Atelier Sophie and Firis. They wound up being a tad blurry and lower res than the PS4 counterpart. Nights of Azure turned out fine though, so there's hope.

Sucks for anyone that wanted the Vita version though. I think I can understand why, but some people probably wanted the Vita version and its not fair to them to not localize it. :(

Top Bottom