• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chef Brigade Thread

ehead

Searched but most of the threads that came up were old, I guess this could be the OT for the game.

5grwaiYl.png

Platforms: PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4
Release date: 20th November 2017
Price: $19.99 (US)

Description:
Battle Chef Brigade features fantasy chefs, including Orcs, Elves, and Humans, who need to hunt dangerous monsters for ingredients. With those ingredients, before the critical eye of the judges, the chefs create culinary masterpieces in an intense tournament. Battle Chef Brigade pairs one part combo-based action hunting and one part puzzle-based cooking, all as the round clock ticks down.

Screenshots:
DB5zXK5l.jpg

J2kJeYXl.jpg

NyHqF9Al.jpg

IHUYreel.png

Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZjt0LBipi4

Some reviews:
Kotaku: Reviewer liked it (Switch version)
Polygon: 7/10 (Switch version)
Gamesradar: 4/5 (Switch/PC)

ehead

I forgot to add that I just bought it on Nintendo's eshop last night. Will have to try it out later. I am intrigued with the hunt/cook mechanics which is why I got it. Hoping to be entertained for awhile.

ehead

No one’s around to discuss this game? :(

I just played the first 20 minutes of it. The artstyle’s pretty charming, and the mixture of gameplays is intriguing. I’m liking the combat, reminds me of Vanillaware games. The puzzle/cooking mechanics are pretty good too, kinda like Puyo Puyo/Dr. Mario. Can’t really comment much on the story, but the game has enough to keep me hooked. Hoping it gets more recognition.

By the way, I have no clue about this game really. I was just intrigued by a few screenshots I saw posted awhile back.

WaterAstro

Yeah, it was on GOG, so I gave it a whirl.

This will definitely go under people's radar, but it has pretty good gameplay. Match 3 might not be for everyone, but it's pretty easy to solve the puzzles. The action platforming is well done.

I thought this game wasn't voice acted, but it has really good characters and voice acting.

Still finishing it up, but I suggest people should try it out if they want to try something really different.

WaterAstro

Finished it up. Seems like no one is interested here.

Anyway, it was good 12-15 hours, I think. Didn't keep close count. It was pretty fun throughout, and it was a charming story along with the simple and clever gameplay.

ehead

I’ll be playing more of the game once I’ve completed Odyssey. The game’s animation and charm reminded me of The Legend of Korra. I’ll be having a 10 hour flight so this will do.

Typhares

Old thread bump: just started this, played about an hour.
This is a very nice mash up of genres so far.
Also it's currently discounted both on steam and switch so anyone feeling like giving it a go, now is the time!

Last edited:
Top Bottom