• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

Bumhead

Banned
Mine just arrived. Yes, I have dishes to do.

fd81a2e82a1911e2ac3022000a1fb72c_7.jpg

Amazing.

I hope you're going to review the cat as well as the Wii U.

beanman25

reallllly looking forward to this system. bought scribblenauts on amazon just because it says it will arrive on the 13th. haha

Tadale

This may have been covered, but is anyone talking about the "accomplishments" system or whatever they're calling it?

I really wish we could get some Blops 2 reviews or some sort of info about the WiiU version. It's probably the only game I am going to pick on at launch and I am really curious about the quality of online multiplayer. Of course there really won't be a way to know until everyone (hopefully floods of people) start playing it...

Rich!

'80 hour battery life' is the real selling point to me, but I don't know what game I'd use it with yet.

The fact that its usb and bluetooth, meaning it could be an incredible PC controller has almost entirely sold me on it on that alone.

'80 hour battery life' is the real selling point to me, but I don't know what game I'd use it with yet.

too bad I cannot use it for Xenoblade... I don't want to use Wii Mode, it pains me that too many Wii U things cannot work for Wii Mode

I'm sure I'll find something to play with so I need to look it up and order one

Tadale

There does not appear to be a system-wide accomplishments system.

That really sucks. One of the things I've been most excited about Wii U was getting some Gamecube and Wii classics rereleased in HD, and some kind of achievement system along with those games would have made for an excellent extra reason to replay them all.

I know people like to jump all over Nintendo for their rereleases, but I really want to play some of those sub-HD games from over the last decade in HD. They should have launched with something like a $20 Windwaker HD port or something.

what is the purpose for the coin battery in the cosole?

Holy shit. There is coin battery replacement on the Wii U? That's some Saturn level shit right there. I hope we never actually have to do it. But the fact that they are actually showing it seems odd.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/7207473/wii-u-battery-replacement-3_1020.jpg

For the clock. The Wii has one too, as does the Gamecube. They all have a similar flap for removing the battery.

All PCs have a CR2032 coin battery like that, too, and it should last at least 10-15 years.

Varjet

For the clock. The Wii has one too, as does the Gamecube. They all have a similar flap for removing the battery.

They do? Didn't know that. Do they only use the battery when the system's not plugged in?

Also, someone should figure out if it's possible to connect an HDMI cable and a composite one at the same time.

Excited for the console, but my girlfriend more so. Hopefully my pre-order is still good because I'm not confident GameStop updated my billing information correctly.

LiK

Holy shit. There is coin battery replacement on the Wii U? That's some Saturn level shit right there. I hope we never actually have to do it. But the fact that they are actually showing it seems odd.

wii-u-battery-replacement-3_1020.jpg

i hope it's for the clock only.

Every device with a clock running while the power is off has to have some sort of battery to keep the time going. So the PS2/3, Xbox (360) etc should all have a battery somewhere. It might not be removable, though.

Varjet

Every device with a clock running while the power is off has to have some sort of battery to keep the time going. So the PS2/3, Xbox (360) etc should all have a battery somewhere. It might not be removable, though.

The 360 as far as I know doesn't remember the time when unplugged. Always seems to reset to 01:00 PM.

majik13

The 360 as far as I know doesn't remember the time when unplugged. Always seems to reset to 01:00 PM.

yeah i feel my 360 and ps3 never have the right time. It is connected to the internet, and they have my address/ip, shouldn't it just grab the time from the nets? I thought it had that option somewhere, but I swear it is never right.

01DragonFly

yeah i feel my 360 and ps3 never have the right time. It is connected to the internet, and they have my address/ip, shouldn't it just grab the time from the nets? I thought it had that option somewhere, but I swear it is never right.

did a fast google search and it looks like the xbox 360 does not have a battery(at least for early models)

lol missed this neogaf thread when searching lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342731

Top Bottom