• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Firehead

Went to the Buffalo Pride festival with Acerac today. We had a great time and there were a few people that were wearing those furry ear thingies.

Uchip

Banned
This guy makes these pretty quickly but they still look nice
i5LA1GrgyxMYb.jpg
killing me, mr jolly jack
x_x

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hey guys, just a little curious about something. Someone brought up a question in the "fanart" thread in offtopic. I'm curious if there's any truth to it, and of your opinions. Was that personally the case with you?

The original question asked about why so many conservative leaning/heavily religious/patriotic sonic fanarts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38691449&postcount=620

In my opinion? They are young people in very conservative households who are restricted to the most well known or family friendly game franchises by parents. Then they discover the internet communities and it's the only thing they've really been a fan of.

Either that or some of it's made ironically, which is highly likely.

Uchip

Banned
The original question asked about why so many conservative leaning/heavily religious/patriotic sonic fanarts.

Im pretty sure most people here dislike sonic
99% of that awesome fan art thread looks to be drawn by children going through some kind of really awkward puberty

Ferrio

Banned
Im pretty sure most people here dislike sonic
99% of that awesome fan art thread looks to be drawn by children going through some kind of really awkward puberty

Well I'm not just saying Sonic. Just curious if furry fans are more likely to come from a conservative household or not.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Well I'm not just saying Sonic. Just curious if furry fans are more likely to come from a conservative household or not.

Furry in general? Don't know, there are far too many examples. As far into the furry closet as I am, I never had that background. I just think the art I post in here is cool.

Ed: Was referring to the patriotic/religious cartoon fan art in my last post.

Uchip

Banned

Not myself, nor any that I know have that kind of affiliation.
I think its more that horrible things tend to end up together.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I think autism may play a part.

Also, for every Communist/Objectivist or Theocrat/douchebag Internet atheist-type fur there's a dozen normal people who have largely sensible views on pretty much everything.

And don't conflate furries with the whole Sonic... thing.

In my opinion? They are young people in very conservative households who are restricted to the most well known or family friendly game franchises by parents. Then they discover the internet communities and it's the only thing they've really been a fan of.

Either that or some of it's made ironically, which is highly likely.
I'd think this is the most likely case as well (both people drawing from life experience, and professional trolls).

But it's difficult to tell the difference between the two sometimes...

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I've encountered a good number of genuinely right-wing furries, though I suppose "gun nut" is a better term than "right-wing" even if they fall to the right on politics. They're very anti-social types, some of them seem to fantasize about civilization collapse and whatnot. I suspect they're furries because it lets them be "not human", so they can see themselves as immune to or otherwise 'above' the failings of human society.

I've encountered a good number of genuinely right-wing furries, though I suppose "gun nut" is a better term than "right-wing" even if they fall to the right on politics. They're very anti-social types, some of them seem to fantasize about civilization collapse and whatnot. I suspect they're furries because it lets them be "not human", so they can see themselves as immune to or otherwise 'above' the failings of human society.

I have a friend like that, although he's more left of center. It took like a decade form him to finally stop talking to me about guns.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anatomical impossibilities aside, that's pretty well done. I only count 32 colors.

Haly

Anatomical impossibilities is the wrong phrase. Perhaps simply "impossibilities", such as sweat beads on fur.

Or blush marks.

Or that level of muscle definition, although I guess they're all related to this dog.
9p1b_h.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah, he doesn't have a physical disorder, for one thing.

Also artist is Japanese, what do you expect?

If Solatorobo/Tail Concerto starred him or Doggie and are shirtless throughout the game I'd always play it. @_@

Moving on from shine spots on boobs to everything else. Guess everyone being 'cute embarrased' is the in thing nowadays :)

It's just too easy to add some lines/pink shading to a face. But I guess I overlook it most of the time, along with the other usual 'anime'-type visual tropes.

Uchip

Banned
I don't care too much about the blushing thing
they're wearing clothing which makes just as little sense as it is from an evolutionary perspective

part of why I like characters that aren't distinguishably animal is that they don't incite preconceptions about what is possible

in short
ibdhzWzBDbSaf1.jpg

AXavierB

Neo Member
I've always kind of lapsed in and out of being a furry. It's sort of come back now that I've been playing Morenatsu. Anyone else here played that?

I went through the few demos that were out, but I still think that the scenarios are taking a bit long to come out. But I'm not up to date on their dev process anyway, what with it being free and all, so I don't know.

As an aside, random fantasy (really liking that Pixiv Fantasia stuff):
デルタ said:
晴大 said:
Hama said:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
CHEEZMO™;38708075 said:
Kouya is delicious. Give me more.

It's always hard to find morenatsu art that isn't mature

Also I noticed some gaf furs not posting here. I wonder why.

Part of it is lack of awareness. The other part is there's hardly a reason to go into Community on a regular basis, unless you were already following a thread that ended up here. Even then, it's only to that specific thread, and not necessarily to any others.

Haly

You guys need to post in concert in order to stealthily advertise fur gaf.

I do end up doing some advertisng whenever a Pokemon-related thread shows up.

There's still bunches of people who only post in those threads, so I lightly point out that we have a Community thread for that.

Top Bottom