• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

This |OT| is too big! Hope the OP is getting paid. :p

Good shit Enzo, I'm waiting to pick this up on Black Friday on the cheapy but I got KOF to dedicate my time to. All hype, all month with KOF, UMVC3, & Tekken!!!!!!

^_^

enzo_gt said:
Gets violent over video games (punched Smoothviper in the face), but even worse pressures tournament organizers into conceding to a rules change that results in him and his team getting an extra set and eventually winning the tourney because of how mentally broken down the other team was when they found out they didn't in fact in when they fairly did. That is why he is a scumbag forever.

:(

There already is one, read the OP.
There's not that many people in it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
crimsonspider89 said:
Well, we all thought Arthur was going to be good but final edition no.
Remember that review that complained nonstop about how cheap Arthur was? I'm trying to remember what publication that was. I'm thinking it was something in Europe, but I can't recall for certain.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
Another multi-post OP filled with text-as-images.

I can't express how disappointed I am with you, enzo.
It was a necessary evil to fit in the word count :(

I explained what the OP was gonna be multiple times before though, and most people were cool with it. I minimalized the text as much as I could. No one will be CTRL+Fing Firebrand's Bio.

The OP is really just one post, the second two are the change log. It's better the change log is there than me linking you to some other thread to get the necessary information, I made that call.

Also, OP updated.

Yeah, remember Arthur being described as cheap. Same magazine that leaked Sentinel early.

But Arthur should be the cheapest asshole imaginable with no ground dash and the golden armor bullshit. His projectiles should beat hyper beams in a projectile war.

Yeah I am salty about him being that bad. >_>

Azure J

Well I just found out something disappointing... I'll have Ultimate day 1, but my plans for an Xbox by then are postponed until about 2 weeks later at best. :(

branny

Very, very excited for this game! <3

Having KoF and that TTT2 demo a week later is just too much fun to handle for a single month. February was crazy enough with MvC3 and Arcana Heart 3.

Square Triangle said:
Cannot wait for someone to bring this OT up as a bad OT in that thread.

One week, I'm excited.
People keep bringing that shit up in the previous page, but it doesn't even compare to those crazy behemoths full of images that use text. This thread is fine and even Enzo has gone record stating that those threads are getting out of hand.
AzureJericho said:
So, anyone been watching old tourney stuff in preparation for Ultimate? Right now, I'm watching MarlinPie VS. Combofiend at T12. That set was so fucking good.
Link por favor.

Kimosabae

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Remember that review that complained nonstop about how cheap Arthur was? I'm trying to remember what publication that was. I'm thinking it was something in Europe, but I can't recall for certain.

I do remember!

Holy shit, we need to find that. Not only does that belong in the BU list - that's thread worthy in-and-of-itself.

Tobe

branny said:
Very, very excited for this game! <3

Having KoF and that TTT2 demo a week later is just too much fun to handle for a single month. February was crazy enough with MvC3 and Arcana Heart 3.
xbl doesnt have arcana heart 3 :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
I do remember!

Holy shit, we need to find that. Not only does that belong in the BU list - that's thread worthy in-and-of-itself.
I tried to find specific posts in the first 10k posts of the OT rather than pre-release-thread stuff to put in there because reading through 10k posts takes enough time.

I was gonna include some stuff about people complaining about how team ASS was gonna be so rape, but then in a few pages everyone figured out NerdJosh's opponents just couldn't block :lol

rukland

Really anyone bitching about the OP get over it it's nothing like the AC OT we got going right now. Plus it's for a good game ;)

Awesome OT. Looking forward to my friend sending me a copy. I bought both systems copies of the LE MVC3, glad to be able to sit back and get a kick back on this one.

BlueCrest

EnzoGt, I don't quite agree with your assessment of Noel, considering that SmoothViper was harassing Noel, and meddling with his stuff, and Smooth Viper is not known as a saint within the community he's an asshat that somebody should have checked a long time ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbOrgnl_P4
Smooth Viper being his classy self.
Also, what tournament do you speak of where Noel Brown, meddled and the rounds had to be rerun, and who were these sensitive, flowers that were so dismayed, and shocked that they couldn't fight another round.

Sixfortyfive said:
This one?
Another broken newcomer is Arthur. His limitless well of projectiles (seen in the video above) ensures that most characters can't get near him. He can throw daggers, javelins, holy water, axes and just about anything else you've seen in the Ghosts 'n Goblins games. He's easily the best keep-away character in the preview build, but it's incredibly frustrating that there's no check or balance for his tactics. Let's add that to the list of tweaks needed in the final game, Capcom.

Kimosabae

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I tried to find specific posts in the first 10k posts of the OT rather than pre-release-thread stuff to put in there because reading through 10k posts takes enough time.

I was gonna include some stuff about people complaining about how team ASS was gonna be so rape, but then in a few pages everyone figured out NerdJosh's opponents just couldn't block :lol

I was actually just using Metacritic and sifting through those reviews. If anything, I'm searching for that review just because I remember having a lot of strong opinions about gaming journalists and their (bad) attempts to review fighting games. If I can find it, I might make a thread out of it.

zlatko

Banned
:O Are we setting up a Xbox Live lobby later in the evening on the 15th?

*shotguns a spot*

I'm willing to make it. Let's say, 9PM Central USA time ?

BlueCrest said:
EnzoGt, I don't quite agree with your assessment of Noel, considering that SmoothViper was harassing Noel, and meddling with his stuff, and Smooth Viper is not known as a saint within the community he's an asshat that somebody should have checked a long time ago.
Also, what tournament do you speak of where Noel Brown, meddled and the rounds had to be rerun, and who were these sensitive, flowers that were so dismayed, and shocked that they couldn't fight another round.
Viper touched Brown's stick, Brown said to not do it again, and Viper listened. Then Viper started talking shit after one of Brown's rounds, and he got punched. Hardly "harassment," and this is coming from Noel Brown himself.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Professor Beef said:
Viper touched Brown's stick, Brown said to not do it again, and Viper listened. Then Viper started talking shit after one of Brown's rounds, and he got punched. Hardly "harassment," and this is coming from Noel Brown himself.
Brown was prob just having a bad day, so something minor like that got to him easy. It happens.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BlueCrest said:
Oh I do indeed believe Smoothviper is also 50% of the wrong, but the better man would not have instigated a fist fight in an arcade, damaging the arcade owner's property in the process.

The tournament and footage is in OP. Look at the DHC madness video and continue watching after the timestamp. If you were there, you and everyone on GAF and on the stream were fucking LIVID at what Noel just pulled off. Especially considering if you rewind the stream archive you can clearly hear them agreeing on the rules too (I forget the timestamp for that). Sp00ky and Ultradavid were pretty visibly angry at the organizers succumbing to the pressure too, and it was a controversy in the Fighting Game Community for a long while. I will never forgive fucking Noel for that shit. It killed all the hype on the stream and ruined what was otherwise a fantastic tournament.

AAK

ibnniE22S8swbC.png

Okay this is Brilliant! hahaha.

Fantastic OP, Insanely flashy yet an absolute joy to read. Well done Enzo :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If someone has a link to the light speed quote, I'll add it to the Blow Ups as well.

& thanks for the kind words and the criticisms too people. Now some of you bastards get it urley and make us some combo videos. Looking at you Max. I want a Decade of Hype PT.2: 9 months of hype.

enzo_gt said:
If someone has a link to the light speed quote, I'll add it to the Blow Ups as well.

& thanks for the kind words and the criticisms too people. Now some of you bastards get it urley and make us some combo videos. Looking at you Max. I want a Decade of Hype PT.2:
9 months of hype.

Got it.

Niitsuma said:
"It's the speed of light, and maybe a little bit of influence from infrastructure depending on where you are. So, if you're playing from Japan against someone in Sweden there will be some lag due to the distance. But it's all quite satisfactory."

enzo_gt said:

& thanks for the kind words and the criticisms too people. Now some of you bastards get it urley and make us some combo videos. Looking at you Max. I want a Decade of Hype PT.2: 9 months of hype.
If I lived near a Mom & Pop, I would be more than happy. All I have near me is Best Buy and Gamestop. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just for reference. I can host both PSN and Live lobbies. So it's basically going to be which group is the most active of the day is which I'll be streaming.

Also. Just like AE. We can have grudge matches. First to whatever. Loser has to wear the winner's avatar of choice for a month.

The latest victim of AE is none other than Timedog losing to Chaotix.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
Just for reference. I can host both PSN and Live lobbies. So it's basically going to be which group is the most active of the day is which I'll be streaming.

Also. Just like AE. We can have grudge matches. First to whatever. Loser has to wear the winner's avatar of choice for a month.

I'll correct that.

If any other GAFer is running streams (I think Sixfortyfive?), give me links so I can add them to OP.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
If any other GAFer is running streams (I think Sixfortyfive?), give me links so I can add them to OP.
I can set-up something on 360, but not until the weekend after the game is released, as I'll be away on business for that entire week.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kadey said:

That sound fun!

Ahhh, good memories.

Look like I wouldn't get it early this time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom