• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binary Domain |OT| BUYING THIS GAME IS Not up for Nagoshiation

Quinn - you have this on PS3? Pineapple and I (Tacklejerry) have this on PS3 and will probably look to do some multiplayer/invasion.

I'm sure this is covered somewhere in this thread,
but do stats/credits/skills not carry over into a new game when you finish? I'm guessing this is a game that will require multiple playthroughs just to get everything and full trust on a single run....?

add me on psn, i'll invite you, we've been playing and need more people. we usually play from 7 pm to 1 am or so EST

and yeah, no new game + whatsoever. it's fresh each time. earning trust is tied to difficulty, the harder it is, the less positive trust for each positive thing you do.

probably at some point yeah

we just need one more invasion map done, and A LOT of challenges. Joe is just about done all of them

unfortunately, we will need people to "boost". i'm against it, but getting 25 multikills (4 people) online is next to impossible.

most of the challenges will be gotten legit, but i cannot for the life of me use a sniper rifle, so 250 headshots over the 3 snipers is asking a lot of me.

JEKKI

maaaaaan I cant believe they still have Bathing Ape in 2080!!

I wonder if it's one of those brands like Mossimo where it used to be the shyt except now it's all cheap and u can buy it at Target.

also what does "see voo pee" or whatever that french term means?!?!

that dood keeps saying it. lol that dood is hilarious too!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really liked the game, but I think it loses steam in the final couple of hours. The later environments are pretty uninteresting compared to how those in the first half-ish.

I disagree.
The parts near the end were great. The
garbage
level was super memorable. I liked every single level/environment in this game.

I disagree.
The parts near the end were great. The
garbage
level was super memorable. I liked every single level/environment in this game.

You didn't get sick of running through samey corridors? And I did enjoy the sequence you mention in spite of my previous comment.

finished the last invasion map tonight. memorable and stressful stuff

started with 4 people... one guy left at round 46...

3 left at round 46... NOT GOOD. used some serious tactics to get to 49...

started at 10:15, finished at about 1:15. that's THREE HOURS of a single invasion map. be ready for this, it's long and stressful. if you don't have mics forget about this!

we will have to do the whole map again since yuteralds internet died with 5 enemies remaining on round 49. 3 hours and 5 seconds of internet lapse ruined an entire session for him. fucking bummer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You didn't get sick of running through samey corridors? And I did enjoy the sequence you mention in spite of my previous comment.

Never felt samey once. There were plenty of corridors, but it's a cover based shooter. I kind of expect that, and I don't mind when the visuals of the environments look so cool. If you're talking about the tall building, I was still feeling that boss fight rush

JEKKI

deeeeeeyamn so they still got USB in 2080 too?!?!?!

these days we got USB 2.0,

so I bet in the future 80's they're like USB 13.0 or something.

I bet that shyt's hella fast!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
deeeeeeyamn so they still got USB in 2080 too?!?!?!

these days we got USB 2.0,

so I bet in the future 80's they're like USB 13.0 or something.

I bet that shyt's hella fast!

Jekki, I bet you'd be the first person to get a USB finger

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Did something I literally never do and played the entire game through in one sitting. I had my problems with it (
I can't believe they pulled a Yakuza 3 and completely nullified any power the ending had by adding a terrible post-credit scene
), and I wish there were more scenes inside the actual city, but the fact that I sat in front of my TV for eight hours speaks for itself.

I wish there was some sort of New Game+ so I could max out everyone's trust levels and weapon upgrades. I'm assuming I just need to restart the game from the beginning or load up a previous save, right?

Only played a little bit so far but I really love the character models and animations. The game is really nice looking in my opinion.

Finished this last night and man the game was just perfectly paced and awesome! Outstanding and my sleeper hit for the year so far. I was on edge towards the end wondering who was going to live and die, and the twists and reveals. I actually cared about this characters in a videogame!

My only main issue was the driving controls on that vehicle segment, while managable were pretty bad. Also one only one boss fight was annoying for me and that was the flying one, just the mechanices of having to drop the rpg and shoot the other enemies and then pick it back up was a pain in the ass.

Really though, outstanding game. I will replay the campaign again for sure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My only main issue was the driving controls on that vehicle segment, while managable were pretty bad. Also one only one boss fight was annoying for me and that was the flying one, just the mechanices of having to drop the rpg and shoot the other enemies and then pick it back up was a pain in the ass.

Mass Effect must have fucked with my brain... but I don't remember a driving segment in BD. There are two on-rails car shooting segments...

And yeah, fighting that helicopter was a pain because the Stinger-replacement didn't equip as a normal secondary weapon.

GameFly finally sent this to me so I should be playing it in a day or two. I checked out the demo and really enjoyed, can't wait to dive into the full game.

Mass Effect must have fucked with my brain... but I don't remember a driving segment in BD. There are two on-rails car shooting segments...

And yeah, fighting that helicopter was a pain because the Stinger-replacement didn't equip as a normal secondary weapon.

jetski part

Yeah but the jet ski part was rather limited in terms of its driving.

That's the part I was refering to. While not long, the controls I felt were just poor but because the section was pretty quick it didn't really overall affect my thoughts on the game. Just felt too floaty. I avoided says jet skis for spoiler purposes but yeah. Is there an acheivement for beating this game on a higher difficulty setting?

mattfabb

Banned
Finished this last night and man the game was just perfectly paced and awesome! Outstanding and my sleeper hit for the year so far. I was on edge towards the end wondering who was going to live and die, and the twists and reveals. I actually cared about this characters in a videogame!

Really though, outstanding game. I will replay the campaign again for sure.

You can use the mounted gun to take down the flying enemies and the boss. the game gives you more than one option in most cases.

sonicmj1

Beat it.

I think I came in with about the right set of expectations. There are a lot of great encounters and boss battles, and blowing up robots never ceased to be satisfying. I don't have any complaints about how it plays, which is pretty impressive.

Even if the trust system doesn't seem to affect things too much, I like it. A lot of the dialogue options were kind of silly (there's not a lot of thought to most of it if you want to raise trust), but making you make some kind of decision makes you a participant in those relationships. I'd love to see that system built on.

The story lost me at the end. Some of the twists were interesting, but did they really have to pull
that old "your commanding officer is the real villain" thing again?
A lot of the drama at the end came from contrivances like that, and it removed me emotionally from the momentum that had been building solidly through all of Act 5.

I'm happy to support this. It was a great ride.

Just got the game today. So far seems pretty great and I'm really liking the characters. Cliche? Beyond belief, but there's some entertainment and they don't seem too hamey.

Too bad about the sales. It's Sega Good Game curse.

Ill Saint

The story lost me at the end. Some of the twists were interesting, but did they really have to pull
that old "your commanding officer is the real villain" thing again?
A lot of the drama at the end came from contrivances like that, and it removed me emotionally from the momentum that had been building solidly through all of Act 5.

Agreed, it was disappointing, and the crappy dialogue during that entire final sequence was off-putting. Moreso considering the depth and maturity of the story and characterisation up until the last act.

Fun game overall.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Agreed, it was disappointing, and the crappy dialogue during that entire final sequence was off-putting. Moreso considering the depth and maturity of the story and characterisation up until the last act.

Fun game overall.
The whole end sequence was a Yakuza pull. Especially the fact that
your character does NOT kill the villain - he kills himself
. Maybe that's why I didn't really have a problem with it, since I'm okay with the hokey world of Yakuza.

Man either ME3 has spoiled me or the voice recognition here just plain sucks. No amount of tweaking can get it to understand me correctly.

Also big bo is an embarrassment. If this were a higher profile game it would receive a lot of backlash.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man either ME3 has spoiled me or the voice recognition here just plain sucks. No amount of tweaking can get it to understand me correctly.

Also big bo is an embarrassment. If this were a higher profile game it would receive a lot of backlash.
He's Japanese Cole Train. It's no more problematic than that character anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Please go into detail about the 'embarassment' parts. I'd love to hear where all this outrage is from.

Teknoman

I was playing with him, it was fucking intense haha!

Wave 46 dropped us in the middle of a warzone with nowhere to go for cover, turrets and snipers everywhere. It's a miracle we managed to pull it off, tommorow we'll do another map, getting close to the Platinum!

Oh and did anyone see the gametrailers review for this game? Biggest discrepancy between actual player reactions and critical reception. The game is getting 6's and 7's everywhere, wtf!

This generation's God Hand?

Please go into detail about the 'embarassment' parts. I'd love to hear where all this outrage is from.

Eh, I dont think he's any more embarrassing than Cole Train. Which isnt really that embarrassing considering his background. I cant say I wouldnt like to see a "serious business" black guy in an action title at some point ( Rodin from Bayonetta and Jacob from ME2 are decent examples for this gen) but thats a another thread entirely.

Tokubetsu

Really loving the game even more than I thought I would though the voice comm stuff is really hit or miss. Thinking about just unplugging my mic.

Kacho

Finally finished up the game and came away very impressed. The story was extremely well done. The characters were also very likable.

I'd say that Binary Domain is Gears of War with a soul. The shooting was good and dismantling the robots was great fun. Lot's of good variety to mix things up a bit too.

Gotta say that the ending blew me away. Lot's of great twists. Continue watching after the credits for those playing. Nice closure. :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really loving the game even more than I thought I would though the voice comm stuff is really hit or miss. Thinking about just unplugging my mic.

I played without the mic, and the only time I ever talked to my squad was to reply to things they said. I never used any of the squad tactics stuff, since I didn't find it very useful.

Tokubetsu

"You're hot shit, man!"

I love this game. Was there ever any final word on the PS3 vs X360 versions? I rented on 360, but I'll probably be picking this up on ps3 along with Dead Souls and Asura's Wrath in the future if its on par.

SimonM7

"You're hot shit, man!"

I love this game. Was there ever any final word on the PS3 vs X360 versions? I rented on 360, but I'll probably be picking this up on ps3 along with Dead Souls and Asura's Wrath in the future if its on par.

Unless they ironed out the frame rate issues present in the PS3 demo, the 360 is probably the one to get. I finished the 360 version, and frankly can't relate at all to the testimonies of slowdown in this thread, which leads me to believe those are based the PS3 one.

Alternatively just grab the PS3 demo and give it a whirl. It'll hardly dip below that.

Teknoman

Hey PSN Invasion squad: TeknomanEX.

Just finished the third boss fight and the game hasnt let up yet! Was shocked when the spider boss still tried to kill us even with one leg left...the thing was jumping around like some wild cornered beast.

Top Bottom