• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

Santiako

That's a bit more that I expected, but I need to play Zelda. Still waiting on Amazon UK (preorders start at 7:00)

It's a Nintendo console so there is no official RRP right? So stores are free to set whatever they like as the price, and hopefully competition will bring it down a little.

Edit: Wrong, if this is from a Nintendo UK tweet.

Yuck.

I'd say I'd wait for the price drop 6 months in like 3ds but unfortunately our currency may well be so fucked by that point that any price drop elsewhere is completely lost for us.

Kathian

Banned
Not too bad when you see the US price but I just see this being like the 3DS with a weak launch and late year pick up in sales. At which point I expect we'll get a holiday bundle.

I think this is the 7th or so time I am surprised and reminded that in the EU each store, even across countries, sets its own price despite the same currency.

Ninja Dom

Do you think Nintendo UK's online store will do preorders?

I used them to preorder the NES Classic and that came through no problem.

LoveCake

Too much for me, I wouldn't want the basic version, I got the WiiU premium version at launch.

The Switch pro controller is about $60 so that will be what £40 here, then add in £20/30 for a big SD card, so that's £350 then add a game to that at £40, it's more like £400 all in.

Wollan

It was rumored £199 a week ago.... Insane UK price.
And EU price is $330.

Come July this thing will be collecting dust on shelves across Europe.

And paid online.
Single NES/SNES rom temporarily per month...

Worst value proposition in console gaming for quite some while. Everything banks on Zelda.

Jaymageck

That is a death sentence.

I am diehard Nintendo and if I would not pay that at launch.

If I wouldn't, who will?

Buy Zelda on a cheap Wii U bought online.

dmr87

Vfkc.png

Top Bottom