• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

AGoodODST

Vfkc.png

lol

Plum

Man I'm not even sure if I want to keep my preorder now. That price point leaves me with room for the console and Zelda and nothing else, and with so little coming until Summer & the Holidays it would practically just be a Zelda machine. This seems more like a Holiday purchase for me.

Dammit Nintendo.

Jaymageck

I remember when the GameCube launched in the UK for 130. Yes yes, inflation and all, but that console was modern tech and brimming with exclusives. It was a bargain.

What are Nintendo playing at these days.

krae_man

£279.99 is $283US if you remove the VAT.

Exchange rate changes suck but quit acting like Nintendo is screwing you over when they are giving you very fair exchange rates.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The Amazon UK page is now showing pre-orders as live from 7am. I don't have a Game UK account but it looks like you can pre-order from them.

You've been able to for a couple of weeks, just don't choose PayPal as it'll put a pending debit of £999 on your account at the present moment.

kromeo

I'll be getting it because I'm weak and have no self control but I still think they've gone a bit high on price

Hallowed

UK here. Not a chance, Nintendo. I'll wait for a Mario bundle at a reduced price to even consider getting a Switch now.

hmmm

game is saying they will have red and blue up for pre order later, and the amazon page has updated to only say "grey"

damnit. i'm still not 100% on it but i wanted to pre order just in case, and if i do get it i would like the coloured one.

Woffls

That shit is straight dumb though since the digital versions end up being sold at RRP.

If nobody sells at RRP, why the hell is that still the RRP?
Yeh digital pricing over here is crazy on all consoles but we'll still be able to get Switch games physically for £40 without any problems.

Top Bottom