• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

Yo2rygq.jpg

I keep attempting to get back into art. I have a hard time making it a habit.

tumblr_op7a0cpNE81ruep75o1_1280.jpg

Its inspired by norse mythology and its a work in progress.

attempting to continue

a sketch for today:

I tried for consistent lines instead of doing the sketchy rough lines I usually have a habit of drawing. You can see remnants of the sketchiness on the forehead before I decided to go for decisive lines.

I draw everyday, I'm just too lazy to upload them to several social media platforms AND a forum.

BONUS COOL DOWN SKETCH

Let me know what you think, I'm always open to constructive feed back. I've been using a variety of pens. Right now I think I'm using an FB Pentel pen for lines. It's a smooth experience with the ability to modify line width which has been fantastic.

I draw everyday, I'm just too lazy to upload them to several social media platforms AND a forum.

Let me know what you think, I'm always open to constructive feed back. I've been using a variety of pens. Right now I think I'm using an FB Pentel pen for lines. It's a smooth experience with the ability to modify line width which has been fantastic.

Hey, welcome to the drawing-a-day! You have a good sense of basic proportions and anatomy. Red Mage's legs and feet cut off at the bottom of the the page is a little problematic, but it looks like you might have just run out of room? I think I like your Daredevil best out of the three, if I had to choose.

Hey, welcome to the drawing-a-day! You have a good sense of basic proportions and anatomy. Red Mage's legs and feet cut off at the bottom of the the page is a little problematic, but it looks like you might have just run out of room? I think I like your Daredevil best out of the three, if I had to choose.

Thank you! And Also, I think with the Red Mage, that particular picture was cut off either from the picture I took, or from more likely, trying to fit it on instagram. That being said that, I'm trying to get better at composition and layouts as most of the time, I feel like I draw floating torsos a lot.

RRockman

Banned
A drawing I started using my sh figurarts reference figure

I drew from sight rather than the Bandai recommended trace over a picture of the manakin. How would you learn that way I wonder? :/ I took the picture of the pose from a slightly different angle then my vantage point was.

Its super discouraging when photoshop crashes on me and I lose all my work. Even though it was only a sketch, I didn't get to see it through.

LegendX48

Its super discouraging when photoshop crashes on me and I lose all my work. Even though it was only a sketch, I didn't get to see it through.

yep. That's why an old teacher of mine told us on more than one occasion to get into the habit of saving a lot and very frequently, like every 5 minutes.

.JayZii

Banned
It sucks, but I find that I make faster and better decisions the second time around.

Get into the habit of ctrl s-ing every few minutes, but also don't be precious with your sketches.

It sucks, but I find that I make faster and better decisions the second time around.

Get into the habit of ctrl s-ing every few minutes, but also don't be precious with your sketches.

I don't really care about losing the sketch, I'm just in the mode and feel like I'm gaining something from my process at the moment. It really kills my momentum.

But here is something I created in spite of my frustrations. its not great, but I just wanted to power through my feelings and have record of something for this thread's sake and to keep up with my daily drawing.

.JayZii

Banned
I don't really care about losing the sketch, I'm just in the mode and feel like I'm gaining something from my process at the moment. It really kills my momentum.

But here is something I created in spite of my frustrations. its not great, but I just wanted to power through my feelings and have record of something for this thread's sake and to keep up with my daily drawing.
The good news is that you don't lose the experience you gained through creating the sketch.

I actually got into the habit of painting over sketches or purposefully not saving them for a while just to help get me over that feeling of frustration when things crash or get corrupted. It still stings a little, but not nearly as badly as it used to.

Yeah that really sucks having flaky tech and losing work. I think there's only have a few options around it:

1. Constantly save so you don't lose too much
2. Buy new tech or upgrade tech
3. Work traditionally

I do a combination of all three. Splurged on tech so I don't have to worry about it and work traditionally (for other reasons). I actually don't think about saving much, but that's because I can't remember the last time anything crashed on me.

RRockman

Banned

Just a quick sketch of Rosalina. Around 10 mins or so. I'm jealous at your guys skills with digital. I hope I can get there one day. I'm still trying to pick up the basics with pencil and paper.

YaBish

Hopping in for the first time now that my summer has officially started. I've been trying out different styles of illustration, and I stumbled upon some characters sketches by Shigenori Soejima for the game Catherine. Did a sort of Master copy because I love his style.

Took a bit longer than I expected with this one, compounded with having other obligations preventing me from time to draw. I was planning to make this even more detailed and go over it with some cleaner/more accurate lines without any shading, but it is what it is. Good perspective practice.

Top Bottom