• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

We all know who has the best room in anime

Ikuhara's done better.

PBt5C6q.jpg

「正解するカド」公式‏ @Seikaisuru_Kado 1h1 hour ago

「正解するカド」第6.5話予告動画
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h8EjBjPpE8

Fucking shit, first Seven Mortal Sins last Friday was 4.5, now Kado 6.5 this week. Why does production fall so behind more and more...

We can all switch careers and become anime staffers.

petran79

Banned
That doesn't make any sense. The only two people who worked on both shows were Yoshitoshi ABe doing original character designs and Chiaki J. Konaka writing scripts. The directors were different (Ryutaro Nakamura on Lain vs. Hiroshi Hamasaki on Texhnolyze), as were pretty much the entire rest of the creative staff as far as I can see.

Ueda was a producer for both series

「正解するカド」公式‏ @Seikaisuru_Kado 1h1 hour ago

「正解するカド」第6.5話予告動画
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h8EjBjPpE8

Fucking shit, first Seven Mortal Sins last Friday was 4.5, now Kado 6.5 this week. Why does production fall so behind more and more...
6.5 can be acceptable since it lets animators catch their breaths mid season, but 4.5 sounds kind of weird lol. Kado and Tsukigakirei did not have any visible production issues so far so hopefully this break keeps it like that.

6.5 can be acceptable since it lets animators catch their breaths mid season, but 4.5 sounds kind of weird lol. Kado and Tsukigakirei did not have any visible production issues so far so hopefully this break keeps it like that.

Mortal Sins actually had some pretty incredible art up front. I imagine production fell behind so early under the sheer ambition of trying to maintain that long term. I wouldn't be surprised if the art eventually slips or Sins has a second .5 episode.

Mortal Sins actually had some pretty incredible art up front. I imagine production fell behind so early under the sheer ambition of trying to maintain that long term. I wouldn't be surprised if the art eventually slips or Sins has a second .5 episode.
Yea I saw a scene where a girl plays guitar with a city being blown up to pieces. It looked pretty damn good, but boy are those designs one of the biggest turn off in the world. Having 2 .5 episodes would be extreme though.

The figures too, are fucking stunning. They take their boobs very seriously

Yea I saw a scene where a girl plays guitar with a city being blown up to pieces. It looked pretty damn good, but boy are those designs one of the biggest turn off in the world. Having 2 .5 episodes would be extreme though.

You mean the costumes they put the girls in or the girls' figures themselves? I mostly agree if its the costumes, most of them are so very strange.

The figures too, are fucking stunning. They take their boobs very seriously

Yeah, I mean, as Ecchi goes, I think Seven Mortal Sins is far and away good. I mean, it's trash as anything else but there's a lot of commitment to the titillation. Heck like Valkyrie Drive it's entire premise is built for it from the bottom up.

Line_HTX

That Inuyashiki new visual looks kind of interesting. Don't know much about the director, but it's produced by MAPPA and eh, I'll keep my cautious eye on it when Autumn comes around.

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Episode 2
DAHZW-CUwAAwx5W.jpg:small
DAHaxv2V0AAxpp_.jpg:small

A new season of YGO and new rules. Dont know if I like these speed duel rules and also accessing abilities in the data stream...oh well...Cyberse card type are good thus far, hopefully Playmaker-sama also has dragons.

JulianImp

Alice ep.6

It's funny because this is what I thought the show was going to be like from the begining. In short, this was super freakin' cute. Sanea and Sana together are super cute and grumpy old man is great.

I had the exact same reaction. I'd probably be fine if the show merely focused on this kind of SoL moments from now on, but I fear we might end up going back to dull stand battles somewhat soon.

Ueda was a producer for both series

Ah, Yasuyuki Ueda, who works for what was then Pioneer Entertainment (and is now NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan)? Ueda appears close to ABe in particular, given that he was also involved with NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei. Given that, I don't think his presence really changes things as far as Texhnolyze being some kind of "reunion" goes.

JulianImp

Oh wait, out of all the shows I watch, Alice & Zoroku had recap/preview episode before the 6th, and both Tsuki ga Kirei and Kado are also airing recaps this week as well? I really feel for anime TV series' staff...

blurr

Ojamajo Doremi 05

Going by what I'm reading about LWA's Akko, this episode is probably how it's like to watch LWA. Doremi the clumsy witch but hey, she saved her classmate despite that.

Qurupeke

Now check this out.

http://fauux.neocities.org/

Also, NieA_7 is the next show the team worked on. Same writer and art designer, but it's slice of life. You'd probably enjoy.
I almost became epileptic but pretty cool. And I'll check out NieA_7.

While Kado didn't have any noticeable quality drop, I'd be surprised if it didn't struggle, considering how it looks.

petran79

Banned
Ah, Yasuyuki Ueda, who works for what was then Pioneer Entertainment (and is now NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan)? Ueda appears close to ABe in particular, given that he was also involved with NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei. Given that, I don't think his presence really changes things as far as Texhnolyze being some kind of "reunion" goes.

They share mostly a similar visual style and dark tone. Ueda wrote Serial Experiments Lain as well. Haibane Renmei and Niea_7 are mostly Abe's creation

http://texhnolyze.wikia.com/wiki/TEXHNOLYZE_-_Interview_with_Yasuyuki_Ueda_and_Yoshitoshi_ABe

The Texhnolyze project started about two years ago, about four years after I wrote Lain [Serial Experiments Lain]. I just felt like writing it, so I went ahead and that's how it started. When the story, the content, took shape inside my head, when I knew what kind of story I wanted to do, I went to talk to ABe as usual. I told him, ”I'm thinking about this story, would you be interested in designing characters?" And having decided on the main characters between us, we needed to choose which production company we would use, and who would write the screenplay. I wanted to work again with Chiaki Konaka, and the production company called Madhouse, a major studio that anyone who's into animation knows. So I went to Mr. Maruyama of Madhouse and asked him if he'd be interested in doing an animation. That's how it started.

phaze

ef: A Tale of Memories 05

027628akuib.jpg
0277762akxy.jpg
0277777tkvw.jpg
027748frunx.jpg

^ “The bird fights its way out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world.."

Sorry, too much Demian.

This NTR induced car accident is a bit much. Having three distinct though loosely connected plotlines adds allows for convenient switches preventing one single pairing getting stale yet at the same time, no one of them has yet developed into anything particularly interesting. Direction/storyboards seem to have taken hit in show's last episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom