• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Windows will have official mod support

Durante

It seems like they are trying a lot harder with this than their recent ports. At least from the sounds they are making.

Let's hope it actually manifests like that!

2k a lot or more than that
You can't really spend more than that effectively on a gaming PC anyway. So, less.

Vestal

Gold Member
Oh my fucking God.... Square Enix does what the other big AAA publishers don't.

Lets not put the cart ahead of the horse just yet. This is SE we are talking about.. First lets see if they don't monetize the living shit out of it, or how expansive and open the mod support actually is.

ALL ABOARD THE HAPPY HYPE TRAIN!

Great news. As someone who really enjoyed it back on PS4, I'm pretty excited to jump back in on PC with better performance and a number of QoL improvements through mods.

EctoPrime

Sounds great on paper until somebody is crazy enough to make something like a FF8 total conversion. Which kills any future mod support from a now mad Square Enix.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sounds like they aren't sure if it will. They want to have official mod support, but the specifics haven't been laid out.

c1d

It seems like they are trying a lot harder with this than their recent ports.
1080Ti as a recommended spec. is a bit ridiculous though, surely? Forcing everyone to download 4K assets as well? (how else does 170GB happen)

Mod support is awesome though and I really hope it leads to a lot more than just some NSFW character models (as I'm sure it will)

Mifec

1080Ti as a recommended spec. is a bit ridiculous though, surely? Forcing everyone to download 4K assets as well? (how else does 170GB happen)

Mod support is awesome though and I really hope it leads to a lot more than just some NSFW character models (as I'm sure it will)

1080ti for 4k and the gameworks features is not ridiculous at all.

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member

They want people to see the game as it was meant to be seen, I suppose. Tabata has made no bones about that. Even the Pro was limited in this aspect.

MUnited83

For you.

Not ridiculous at all. 1080Ti was recommended spec seems like very accurate for a AAA game at every single setting maxed at 4k.

From the PC Gamer interview:

Raio Mitsuno
"..we haven’t really revealed anything like minimum specs yet because we’re developing at such a high end which means we can’t really define it with current standards now. At some point we will publish the recommended and minimum specs, but we can’t say exactly what they are at the moment."

chefbags

Old Noctis as a mod and maybe have the weapons be more than just 4 at a time. I don't have to just dream about this anymore and it's crazy af to think it'll happen by next year.

Hektor

This makes me think

spoilers ahead

Modders could make the entire world of the game traversable? The second half of the game was 100% linear, but still took place in a huge, somewhat unfinished open world, i remember there being glitches making it capable to see that.

Someone could make all, or all there is of Alitissia and that other big continent playable

Now imagine modders even find a way to fill that stuff with selfmade quests and storylines stories like in a bthesda RPG

People could even find a way to make the boat usable ingame and to unlock the flying car earlier

Oh my god! I'm going to have a party with Serah Farron, Iris, Aranea, Aerith, Cloud, Barret, Vincent, 2B, A2, Tidus, Squall... Damn, everyone is going to be in my party!

True Fire

This makes me think

spoilers ahead

Modders could make the entire world of the game traversable? The second half of the game was 100% linear, but still took place in a huge, somewhat unfinished open world, i remember there being glitches making it capable to see that.

Someone could make all, or all there is of Alitissia and that other big continent playable

Now imagine modders even find a way to fill that stuff with selfmade quests and storylines stories like in a bthesda RPG

People could even find a way to make the boat usable ingame and to unlock the flying car earlier

It's tricky because Niflheim and Altissia are separate maps.

I think Altissia would be the more feasible project. They can open up the entire city, and add new shops and sidequests.

They can even make a timeskip version that's like a giant dungeon—that would be cool.

kuYuri

This is also the first game I've seen that is also mentioning 8K support, so uh, even though I'm playing at 21:9 3440x1440, my 1080 Ti is going to be sweating regardless.

Top Bottom