• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOONAMI

Ryan becomes president no special elections.

Yeah lol, I think they have a pretty good idea they would get their ass kicked in another election.

They will follow the succession rules and if Pence is implicated in any of this then yeah it will be Ryan.

Chance that Pence might resign even if there aren't any hard ties that he knew anything but people will assume that he must have, the whole establishment might push him to resign because they want Ryan. Who knows though, I think most of the GOP would be cool with Pence though too, they just might be worried he will hurt them in 2020.

I don't get Comey.

I tend buy the theory that he wrote the letter because otherwise Giuliani and co. would have leaked the info in a press conference and it was thought that would have been more damaging so he did it to appear bipartisan and basically the lesser of two evils. Following a few people on Twitter with ties to the IC none of them seem to think he's a traitor based on either contact with him or his reputation.

Hes been silent on Trump/Russia as there's been a serious counterintelligence investigation happening since at least last summer and this is serious business where you can't leak shit. We are slowly seeing more and more evidence of this.

It'd make sense for him to appear chummy with Trump and not get fired and have a Trump sycophant replace him and kill the investigation.

CHC

The White House asked the FBI to be party to a conspiracy to cover up something that they both knew happened. This is insane.

Insane really. No two ways about it. Like, this alone is grounds for impeachment. Congress is really such a bunch of loose, wrinkled cunts. They'll sit by until it's 100% undeniable that this fucker was in collusion with Russia then act SO SHOCKED that he would do such a thing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

~Kinggi~

Banned
If by some goddamn miracle Comey is actually playing a long con here and takes Trump and his fucks out, i dont know, but ill love him for it long time

Chumley

Banned
If by some goddamn miracle Comey is actually playing a long con here and takes Trump and his fucks out, i dont know, but ill love him for it long time

Comey:
tumblr_m9rweavvPR1rb9imko6_r1_500.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
If this long con involved getting Trump elected he deserves no respect whatsoever.

not sure if its this simple. There are so many angles to the story regarding pressures and warrents and everything else i have no idea at this point. But if he is actually defending the country im sure a book and movie will clear it up in 5 years.

Hillary was gonna bounce his ass out when she got elected so he wrote that letter as a fuck you but shit got too real so now he's gotta get his shit together

At this point, it's apparent that Trump and his buddies are so totally incompetent and corrupt that the only reason they have any support is because they provide a nice sideshow to distract from what the congressional GOP is up to.

What will it take for Trump to outlive his usefulness?

Im pretty sure if Trump was aided by the Russians, then every single one of "his people" will be gone. Paul Ryan would most likely be president, and I wouldnt be surprised if Congress made a emergency election for a new president.

I would be 100% shocked if the Repubs agreed to a new election. We would get Ryan

I like how the link to speculation about an overarching conspiracy theory gets more comments than someone's perfectly rational explanation of Comey's actions.

Don't buy the Comey a hero argument. The man should have stepped down last July after his unprecedented press conference to lambast Hillary Clinton. Leaks may happen, but by presenting yourself in such a partisan nature by commenting on an ongoing investigation to the public, you basically deligitimize the intelligence community.

rjinaz

I like how the link to speculation about an overarching conspiracy theory gets more comments than someone's perfectly rational explanation of Comey's actions.

It got 4 quotes. Stop. Maybe an entire article was more interesting and worth a response than assuming the best of Comey.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yeah lol, I think they have a pretty good idea they would get their ass kicked in another election.

They will follow the succession rules and if Pence is implicated in any of this then yeah it will be Ryan.

Chance that Pence might resign even if there aren't any hard ties that he knew anything but people will assume that he must have, the whole establishment might push him to resign because they want Ryan. Who knows though, I think most of the GOP would be cool with Pence though too, they just might be worried he will hurt them in 2020.

Pence will be part of it some how. Everyone attached will be fucked. If somehow Ryan becomes President I don't think he can take his old job back without a election. So he will be gone for a bit.

So according to Priebus, FBI deputy director McCabe and he had a talk, and McCabe told him the NYT/CNN stories about Russia are overblown. Then WH reaches out to FBI to ask them to publicly say when McCabe told Priebus. FBI says no, and this is what's being reported. Something tells me Priebus lied about the whole thing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Maybe Comey wasn't evil, just really, really incompetent?

Or maybe this whole report is fake and the FBI/Comey just orchestrated it to make it look like they're being even handed?

edit: Is Trump allowed to fire Comey?

If this long con involved getting Trump elected he deserves no respect whatsoever.

Very little amount of people expected Trump to win. I am going to bet that no one from Obama's administration would have imagined what would be happening right now. The only hope that this nightmare goes away is at the hands of the intelligence community. If Comey does bring Trump down, I would definitely forgive him for what he did to Hillary.

I was thinking about if Hillary won the election but the GOP still had the majority of the senate and congress, I wouldn't be surprised if she would be in danger of impeachment. The level of oppression we are currently seeing from Trump's administration could bite them in ass in the mid term elections of 2018 and 2020.

Hazmat

Everyone gets so focused on Ryan, but he would only become President if Trump and Pence left at the same time or if a new VP wasn't named inbetween their resignations. One of them could go and then POTUS could appoint anyone to be VP if they get approved by Congress.

digdug2k

I tend buy the theory that he wrote the letter because otherwise Giuliani and co. would have leaked the info in a press conference and it was thought that would have been more damaging so he did it to appear bipartisan and basically the lesser of two evils. Following a few people on Twitter with ties to the IC none of them seem to think he's a traitor based on either contact with him or his reputation.

Hes been silent on Trump/Russia as there's been a serious counterintelligence investigation happening since at least last summer and this is serious business where you can't leak shit. We are slowly seeing more and more evidence of this.

It'd make sense for him to appear chummy with Trump and not get fired and have a Trump sycophant replace him and kill the investigation.
The letter was "leaked" wasn't it?. He sent it to congress. Congress leaked it. The issue is that he notified them at all, since he basically had nothing

Guevara

I think Comey believed all the fake stuff about Clinton

but also all the real stuff about Trump.

Nothing more or less.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm glad parts of the government are at least resisting this shitstain and the pile of burning toxic waste he calls his cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom