• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI: Lisa Page Dimes Out Top FBI Officials During Classified House Testimony; Bureau Bosses Covered Up Evidence China Hacked Hillary

Dev1lXYZ

You apparently have enough time to find a link but not enough time to read the 10 paragraph editor's note at the beginning basically framing it as a fringe conspiracy theory that slipped through their editorial process (but could be true nonetheless just like any quality conspiracy theory).

No, you're completely right. Here's a breakdown by an actual security engineer on why the "speed was too fast", the "internal leaker," and the "forged Russian fingerprints" arguments are all garbage. It's a great breakdown. I'll have to save this link next time someone brings up this garbage conspiracy theory about "shadow government" and "the FBI/CIA covered up for Hillary and murdered people for it!" And by someone I mean Dev1lXYZ or Panda1. https://www.thenation.com/article/a-leak-or-a-hack-a-forum-on-the-vips-memo/#independent-review

PSA to all thinking of posting in this thread as I'm continually annoyed seeing it getting bumped. Dev1lXYZ & Panda1 are going to keep jumping from conspiracy to conspiracy (as you can see in this quote and their previous comments) in an attempt to confuse/move goal posts/troll. The only way to win is to not play the game. This will be final post in this thread, peace.

RKrroat.jpg

What I am posting does have everything to do with the subject at hand. Sorry if your standards aren’t met. This is a discussion. THE NATION TOUTS THEMSELVES AS THE ‘FLAGSHIP OF THE LEFT’! They had to write a damn book for their stuff to even begin to make sense.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Russia demands proof of 'nonsense' election meddling claims

Russia's ambassador to the U.S. on Wednesday said the Trump administration needs to provide proof that Russian officials meddled in the 2016 election, or stop talking about it.

"As for interference, to paraphrase a Chinese proverb, one cannot make a tiger of one hundred mice," Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said, according to Russia's state-owned news service Tass. "No matter how many accusations, the key demand is to furnish evidence."

Russia has also been blamed for organizing an assassination attempt against a former Russian official living in England. But in that case, Antonov noted, U.K. officials at least hedged by saying it is "highly likely" Russia was involved.
"ut now some just say that Russia did interfere in U.S. domestic affairs," he said. "This is total nonsense. Russian President Vladimir Putin put it clearly at the joint press conference in Helsinki."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/russia-calls-election-meddling-claims-nonsense-demands-proof

When the country that supposedly ‘hacked the election’ asks for proof of their supposed hacking, you can pretty much hang up the towel. There’s no proof.

TheMikado

Banned
Russia demands proof of 'nonsense' election meddling claims

Russia's ambassador to the U.S. on Wednesday said the Trump administration needs to provide proof that Russian officials meddled in the 2016 election, or stop talking about it.

"As for interference, to paraphrase a Chinese proverb, one cannot make a tiger of one hundred mice," Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said, according to Russia's state-owned news service Tass. "No matter how many accusations, the key demand is to furnish evidence."

Russia has also been blamed for organizing an assassination attempt against a former Russian official living in England. But in that case, Antonov noted, U.K. officials at least hedged by saying it is "highly likely" Russia was involved.
"ut now some just say that Russia did interfere in U.S. domestic affairs," he said. "This is total nonsense. Russian President Vladimir Putin put it clearly at the joint press conference in Helsinki."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/russia-calls-election-meddling-claims-nonsense-demands-proof

When the country that supposedly ‘hacked the election’ asks for proof of their supposed hacking, you can pretty much hang up the towel. There’s no proof.

I don't believe it was funded officially by Russia or the state. Hacking did occur, Russia and Russian officials were involved, but someone bankrolled the operation and I don't think it was the Russia state or Putin.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
One thing I cannot understand is why Comey put out that letter that was detrimental to Clinton right before the election. That’s the one thing in this whole mess that sticks out like a sore thumb. Everything else he did seemed to favour Clinton except for that.

One word: piety. It's all about being "pure" and "perfect." As opposed to, you know, practical. He wasn't stupid.

Dev1lXYZ

I don't believe it was funded officially by Russia or the state. Hacking did occur, Russia and Russian officials were involved, but someone bankrolled the operation and I don't think it was the Russia state or Putin.

Do you think that it was perhaps an outside party that wanted to fence the information to a potential buyer? There are a few stories floating around that campaigns will sometimes try to buy any damaging information regarding their opposition.

TheMikado

Banned
Do you think that it was perhaps an outside party that wanted to fence the information to a potential buyer? There are a few stories floating around that campaigns will sometimes try to buy any damaging information regarding their opposition.

After reading, the Concord indictment, the Hacking indictment, and now the Russian spy Butina indictment, I think American politicians were bankrolling Russian operations to infiltrate the US.

Dev1lXYZ

They have Butina, but I’m sure a politician wouldn’t deal directly with her. They probably have multiple front people in case something like this ever happened. She was embedded with an unnamed 59 year old politician, my guess a Republican. Perhaps to get dirt on him and his colleagues to fence? Her lease was up on July 31st, and the FBI seemed to believe that she was heading to Russia since most of her personal contacts lived there.

Last edited:

TheMikado

Banned
They have Butina, but I’m sure a politician wouldn’t deal directly with her. They probably have multiple front people in case something like this ever happened. She was embedded with an unnamed 59 year old politician, my guess a Republican. Perhaps to get dirt on him and his colleagues to fence? Her lease was up on July 31st, and the FBI seemed to believe that she was heading to Russia since most of her personal contacts lived there.

Not, read the indictment. The US politician actually made contact with her in Moscow in 2013 and setup on going communications. It appears she even requested funding from US politicians for her activities and projects. It's all there. She's had extensive communications with US political groups specifically for the purpose of Russian/US agendas through back channel means and apparently had US politicians not only aware of her role and status but also funding her.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Not, read the indictment. The US politician actually made contact with her in Moscow in 2013 and setup on going communications. It appears she even requested funding from US politicians for her activities and projects. It's all there. She's had extensive communications with US political groups specifically for the purpose of Russian/US agendas through back channel means and apparently had US politicians not only aware of her role and status but also funding her.

After reading up on Butina, it looks to me like she was being used to funnel money through the NRA to gain access to Republicans. She was arrested for being an unregistered foreign agent. I don't think that it's a big deal because this kind of thing is common as dirt within politics. Lobbyists that represent foreign interests are very abundant in DC. Butina broke the law, but I doubt that there is any political fallout. What is kind of funny is that she had a very pro-gun stance and Putin is very anti gun. Was she funded by pro gun opponents of the Kremlin? From the intercepted tweets they certainly had a 'victory' agenda. Perhaps convincing the Russian people they needed gun rights?

Dev1lXYZ

FBI DIRECTOR: CHINESE ESPIONAGE ‘MOST SIGNIFICANT’ SPY THREAT FACING U.S.

One day after True Pundit broke a story revealing the FBI concealed Intel that China hacked Hillary Clinton’s emailswhen she was secretary of state, China, rather than Russia, is the “most significant” long-term threat to the United States, FBI Director Christopher Wray said Wednesday.

During an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt at the Aspen Ideas Forum, Wray said that the FBI has economic espionage investigations in all 50 states that trace back to Chinese activity

https://truepundit.com/fbi-director-chinese-espionage-most-significant-spy-threat-facing-u-s/

CaptainABAB

If the Lisa Page story was true, why hasn't a single republican from that committee mentioned this? Both parties leak info (or would hold a press conference) from these interviews all the time.

Last edited:

NickFire

If the Lisa Page story was true, why hasn't a single republican from that committee mentioned this? Both parties leak info (or would hold a press conference) from these interviews all the time.

I question if this is thread is a point at everyone who buys into true pundit as facts kind of thing. Like you, I find it very unlikely such a story would be true and get so little coverage elsewhere.

Dev1lXYZ

From my memory, Republicans aren’t prone to leaking specific information from closed door hearings like the Democrats. We do have this from the mainstream though:

Republicans say they have new leads after interview with former FBI lawyer Lisa Page

Republicans say they have new leads to pursue regarding the FBI’s handling of the Russia and Hillary Clinton email investigations following the second day of a closed-door interview with Lisa Page, the former FBI lawyer who exchanged text messages with an FBI agent critical of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-leads-interview-fbi-lawyer-lisa-page/story?id=56632046

Dev1lXYZ

The Mueller 'Russian Collusion' is based on a lie. How 'bout those leaks coming out?

ONE FBI TEXT MESSAGE IN RUSSIA PROBE THAT SHOULD ALARM EVERY AMERICAN

For any American who wants an answer sooner, there are just five words, among the thousands of suggestive texts Page and Strzok exchanged, that you should read.
That passage was transmitted on May 19, 2017. “There’s no big there there,” Strzok texted.
The date of the text long has intrigued investigators: It is two days after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named special counsel Robert Mueller to oversee an investigation into alleged collusion between Trump and the Russia campaign.

Since the text was turned over to Congress, investigators wondered whether it referred to the evidence against the Trump campaign.
This month, they finally got the chance to ask. Strzok declined to say — but Page, during a closed-door interview with lawmakers, confirmed in the most pained and contorted way that the message in fact referred to the quality of the Russia case, according to multiple eyewitnesses.

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/39...e-in-russia-probe-should-alarm-every-american

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

There's not much need to bankroll a hacking operation. Get a couple of VPN accounts, rent a couple of cloud servers and you're ready to go. For all we know it could be one bored Russian hacker with $250 in his pocket behind the whole thing. It's not like this was an extremely difficult hack that took extremely specialized knowledge like the stuxnet worm.

Top Bottom