• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: COD WW2 PRO vs 1X first look Analysis

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
https://youtu.be/YswLmE5MxJk

*both use dynamic res
*1X is higher res then pro
*1X has higher ambient occlusion setting
*both have a solid 60fps but with some very short streaming stutters to 55fps
*might have checkerboarding

Pjsprojects

As a soon to be X owner and already have a Pro we seem to of reached a point where I cant tell the difference without these 600x zooms being done.
With base X1 & base PS4 I could clearly see one was better than the other. I tried Wolf2 & ACO on my Pro then on a mates X and didnt notice any difference at all.

Dont get me wrong Im still buying an X but multiplats seem pretty much the same to me without zooming in.

X also has higher quality shadows. These comparisons will seem almost unfair going forward.

It's going to be pretty much the norm and to be expected. XBX will be the place for multiplatform games, thing is right now for me, Sony still have the exclusives that I'm interested in the most and their first party studios are pretty untouchable when it comes to technical knowhow.

viper sean

Neo Member
i will take pro's less frequent stuttering over xb1x pixel count. i didnt like playing on the xb1x version, way to many loading/streaming stutters. glad i didn't get the pro version either. i traded the game in, i only reached chapter 2.

Sweep14

It also has a UHD blue ray player in it. That alone is worth the extra 100$. Add in more ram, better CPU and GPU.

I rather have those 100$ invested in games instead, but hey, it's everyone's choice.
Imho, those 100$ more are not worth :
I'm pretty sure that if a blind test was put in place (same tv settings, same third party controller, no button prompts on screen) a vast majority of people,including gamers, would be unable to tell the differences and identify which version they're playing.

well of course, one is true nextgen, one isn't

I think once someone comes in with a true native 4K system all the time then I think we can start calling them true next gen. They are both mid generation refreshes.

The fact that you have to blow up most images to spot the differences shows that Sony have impressive hardware and good techniques to still compete with a machine that is vastly more powerful. But even still that machine isn't hitting native 4K/60 with all games.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
a year later and more expensive console im specting that and more. i love the x1x brings to the table but this comments are just... xD well love the fanboy wars too.
No worries, power will stop to
Matter for one side of PS5 releases first, then it will matter to the other side when Xbox Next releases a year later, then again will matter to the first side but not the second with PS5 Pro, etc...

MaulerX

Beside from the RAM advantage, the difference in processing power is about the same.

Sure, if you consider an entire PS4's worth of processing power to be about the same. :)

But I agree, the extra RAM and higher Bandwidth is what's combining to really make the X sing. That advantage can't be emphasized enough, even more so than the TF and CPU advantage.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sure, if you consider an entire PS4's worth of processing power to be about the same. :)

But I agree, the extra RAM and higher Bandwidth is what's combining to really make the X sing. That advantage can't be emphasized enough, even more so than the TF and CPU advantage.

Well that is how percentages work ;). Still, a year after and $100 more that is to be expected unless you think MS as incompetent or not as competent as their competition and thus what they have delivered being a massive unexpected surprise. Be happy you have the most powerful console (besides ROP’s count... as if that tipped the scales overall hehe ;)).

I like this tbh, Sony has pissed me off so much this gen with their fucked up policies, garbage online and horrible Pro support but third party games were always better on PS4 so I ate their shit like a good little sheep. Now I can get third party games on the Xbox and keep my PS4 "Pro" as an exclusives machine and Sony can kiss my ass for PS+ and any 3rd party revenue. Win Win! The 4k player and amazing backwards support is just icing on the cake for me 😂

Sweep14

I like this tbh, Sony has pissed me off so much this gen with their fucked up policies, garbage online and horrible Pro support but third party games were always better on PS4 so I ate their shit like a good little sheep. Now I can get third party games on the Xbox and keep my PS4 "Pro" as an exclusives machine and Sony can kiss my ass for PS+ and any 3rd party revenue. Win Win! The 4k player and amazing backwards support is just icing on the cake for me 😂

Why do you keep your PS4 ? Sony has given you so much anger and are such a shitty company that you should not even play their exclusives man ! You better go exclusively with MS since they're apparently the holy grail of videogame companies ☺

Laserdisk

So far the biggest night and day difference is with Halo 5 for me.
Them both being over 1080p is great, but the year of hardware development time really shows

Why do you keep your PS4 ? Sony has given you so much anger and are such a shitty company that you should not even play their exclusives man ! You better go exclusively with MS since they're apparently the holy grail of videogame companies ☺

Oops triggered... Like I said I'll keep the ps4 for exclusives since they are great. But Sony as a whole has been a piece of shit for me this gen. I've had horrible support, had Kotaku even do a piece with my epic rant about them messing up digital licenses for months and giving us the run around and had them fuck me over for PSN refunds on games that weren't even due out for months because in the past I got a $5 refund on that busted ass Tetris game that even gamespot tore a hole in.

But ya holy grails and all that...

Bönthö

Neo Member
well of course, one is true nextgen, one isn't

Kinda off-topic and sorry for posting to this thread, but here's the thing. I’ve been a lurker in gaf for a long time and this has been a great place to get first-hand information on gaming because of a generally level-headed community. I've no idea if the recent events and people leaving have had any effect on this, but it seems like fanboy attitude has swarmed this place in a way like never before and this is the reason I'm posting now for the first time.

This is just one instance and there are many others, but JaffeLion seems to be a prime example of a person who most of the time brings zero value to the conversation: Comment like one console is "true" next gen while the other isn't is just a silly thing to say when conversing about pro and one x. Who's to objectively say what is next gen and what difference does it make? Does it really matter?

Another thing: Amazed comments about one x's difference being HUGE to pro based on zoomed in picture in a youtube video is just simply annoying imo, because it's a fact that X is more powerful than pro and its games looking better are in proportion to that power difference. There being a difference is in no way a thing which should surprise anyone. Jaffe also moans about "console warrior bullshit" and fanboys while at the same time being the definition of one.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't compare or speak out your opinion on these consoles, of course you should. Imo it's just sad that persons like this are trying to make this place like basically every other gaming forum: Fanboys praising negligible things as a game changer to feel good about their purchase and getting mad for every single slight remark on their favourite console. I just don't get it. Of course nothing's perfect and you can't get rid of this kind of behaviour completely, but just think a minute before you post: Does this post I'm about to send help to make the ongoing conversation or this forum better or does it add something new to it? If not, why even post it? I'm not looking for a debate whether I'm right or wrong in your opinion. I just want people to think about this.

solis74

agree.

mad597

Banned
Another DF thread another X1X win, great to know Im going to be playing the best console version of games for quite some time.

mad597

Banned
I rather have those 100$ invested in games instead, but hey, it's everyone's choice.
Imho, those 100$ more are not worth :
I'm pretty sure that if a blind test was put in place (same tv settings, same third party controller, no button prompts on screen) a vast majority of people,including gamers, would be unable to tell the differences and identify which version they're playing.

That's silly 100$ is 1.5 games vs a full feature like UHD. Also if you are talking games X1X actually improves every non patched game with max res/framerates and 16AF on 3 generations of games

Welp, this thread is a salty fanboy train wreck :/

Y'know you can acknowledge that both versions look good, but that the one on more powerful hardware looks better without flinging shit like a child.

I like this new gaf.
fILQpxq.gif

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Had a standard X1 all this gen and now have an X, good to see the differences between the pro and the x. as expected am sure but a lot of fanboys who were dissing the standard X1 now saying price difference for the X vs the pro is why. just suck it up like I had to and know the X is probably best for multi plats now going forward.

Sweep14

That's silly 100$ is 1.5 games vs a full feature like UHD. Also if you are talking games X1X actually improves every non patched game with max res/framerates and 16AF on 3 generations of games

I don't use a console to play movies. It may be a nice feature for you to have uhd br but for me it's a gimmick. It's cool for you that it enhances your backward compatibility experience but I'm not much into replaying old games. So those 2 perfectly respectable features are not appealing at all for me. I'm mainly into single player gaming and that's my main criteria when choosing a console. Which one will offer the best experience in this domain is the central question I ask myself before a purchase.

mad597

Banned
I don't use a console to play movies. It may be a nice feature for you to have uhd br but for me it's a gimmick. It's cool for you that it enhances your backward compatibility experience but I'm not much into replaying old games. So those 2 perfectly respectable features are not appealing at all for me. I'm mainly into single player gaming and that's my main criteria when choosing a console. Which one will offer the best experience in this domain is the central question I ask myself before a purchase.

X1X enhances EVERY game not just older gen BC games and does it without developer intervention.

But good for you sony boy it is clear the X1X has alot of value for the extra $100 and the fact you have make a million excuses to discount that value just proves the point.

Sweep14

X1X enhances EVERY game not just older gen BC games and does it without developer intervention.

But good for you sony boy but it is clear the X1X has alot of value for the extra $100 and the fact you have make a million excuses to discount that value just proves the point.

No excuses needed in this cases: For my tastes and my usage, the PS4 Pro is a better suited console which is also comming at 100$ less. For people into MP games or mainly interested in 3rd party portfolios, the XB1X is the better choice if you can afford the price difference.

Sweep14

But good for you sony boy it is clear the X1X has alot of value for the extra $100 and the fact you have make a million excuses to discount that value just proves the point.

Also unpatched games are also enhanced (but not to the same extent as XB1X) on PS4 Pro with boost mode.

Cheech

I don't use a console to play movies. It may be a nice feature for you to have uhd br but for me it's a gimmick.

I watched Wonder Woman in 4k HDR last night... it was amazing. The entire reason I held out and didn't buy the PS4 Pro is because of Sony cheaping out and not including that drive.

I also knew Microsoft was going to have the more powerful machine, but honestly I didn't know what an impact it was going to have on the games themselves. I know two people with Pros, and they are both crazy disappointed with how little impact it has on most games.

The X1X is my favorite console I've ever bought. It's actually gotten me back into gaming in a big way. I'm actually replaying Oblivion, which looks like a damn new game. And actual new games like CoD and Battlefront 2 are simply insane. Madden 18 made my jaw literally drop.

So, I have to thank Sony for not including the UHD capable hardware in the Pro, because I would have made the same mistake others did and buy that half baked POS.

Top Bottom