• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: COD WW2 PRO vs 1X first look Analysis

shinnn

I wanna know how that guy found that tweet.
I was just reading the PES post and saw his nickname, which is my ignore list here. So this got my attention.

Mind to tell me what and who I'm trying to convince here ?

Konami announce XB1X Patch incomming for PES 2018 and someone (2 different persons in fact on this tweeter conversation) asked when Pro Patch would be released.

The Pro patch is already there so I gave the information.

EDIT : And I mismanaged my twitter reply :

view
lol.. sure you are trying to be informative. Just like every xbox thread you post. My bad.

Sweep14

I was just reading the PES post and saw his nickname, which is my ignore list here. So this got my attention.

lol.. sure you are trying to be informative. Just like every xbox thread you post. My bad.

I try to be fair and honest.

I've got no problem admitting that I'm wrong when I make mistakes (and it happens)

In this case, I hope that you'll recognize that it would not be a very clever thing for me to tell @officialpes @Xbox @xboxuk about things they already know and certainly don't care.

But hey believe what you want.

necroticart

Neo Member
I have the ps4 pro and I've played a friend's x1x. Honestly unless I'm right next to the screen. I can't see much of a difference. we both have 4k displays. It would not suprise me if sony brought the ps4 pro down to 299 and sold the standard ps4 at 200 they already have them at 200 for black Friday. MS did the same for the x1s at 189 on BF.

rokkerkory

I was hoping for a bigger difference on the X for COD to be honest. Other games have yielded more difference, but hey the console is still very new.

Getting deployed with just slightly less dynamic 4k arms isn't easy. Sure there's the little higher res shadow nades but cut these guys some slack.

Schnauzer

I watched Wonder Woman in 4k HDR last night... it was amazing. The entire reason I held out and didn't buy the PS4 Pro is because of Sony cheaping out and not including that drive.

I also knew Microsoft was going to have the more powerful machine, but honestly I didn't know what an impact it was going to have on the games themselves. I know two people with Pros, and they are both crazy disappointed with how little impact it has on most games.

The X1X is my favorite console I've ever bought. It's actually gotten me back into gaming in a big way. I'm actually replaying Oblivion, which looks like a damn new game. And actual new games like CoD and Battlefront 2 are simply insane. Madden 18 made my jaw literally drop.

So, I have to thank Sony for not including the UHD capable hardware in the Pro, because I would have made the same mistake others did and buy that half baked POS.

Hope you didn't watch Wonder Woman on the Xbox One X.

You pretty much miss the HDR experience if you are due to the crushed blacks. The same problem in the Xbox One S still carries over. Hopefully they fix it soon. You lose so much detail right now. Thought I would try it's blu-ray capabilities to see how good of a player it was. Compared to even the Sony X800 -for $150. It was night and day difference in visual quality. I am probably going to return my Xbox One X. Figured it'd be worth it for the backwards compatibility which is nice and looks great, but having troubles justifying the difference for games like Destiny 2.

It's like it wasn't HDR at all.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hope you didn't watch Wonder Woman on the Xbox One X.

You pretty much miss the HDR experience if you are due to the crushed blacks. The same problem in the Xbox One S still carries over. Hopefully they fix it soon. You lose so much detail right now. Thought I would try it's blu-ray capabilities to see how good of a player it was. Compared to even the Sony X800 -for $150. It was night and day difference in visual quality. I am probably going to return my Xbox One X. Figured it'd be worth it for the backwards compatibility which is nice and looks great, but having troubles justifying the difference for games like Destiny 2.

It's like it wasn't HDR at all.
Overall I happen to think that UhD are far from impressive. I have Wonder Woman but what’s the issue with hdr ? I saw non
Netflix 4K>>>> UhD

solis74

I was hoping for a bigger difference on the X for COD to be honest. Other games have yielded more difference, but hey the console is still very new.

remember its also very dependant on the dev, and what effort\resources they want to put into the enhancements.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'

You need to play some games that have actually done a good job then. You can't really expect a company that pumps out these titles every year to put actual thought into something like this.

In fact I'm amazed COD even has a patch AT ALL. They are about as lazy as they come and have been for a number of years.

They need to take a long look at what Creed did, and see that its ok to miss a year if you're going to come back with something fresh and different. They re-invented online multiplayer once, and they could do it again.

But expecting a huge difference from the COD teams is expecting too much...

Top Bottom