• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

Hard to say. I would have to check all the separate save files on all my consoles to know for sure, and that's a bit too much effort. But if I would have to guess, it would be either Skyrim or Diablo 3. I played them both for hundreds of hours on both the PS3 and the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if I spent more than 1000 hours playing either of them.

Meowster

In a single sitting? Probably Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep but if you count a bunch of playthroughs I’ve done over the years, it is definitely Final Fantasy VIII.

Shifty

Probably Borderlands 2, I put in 300 or so hours across 360 and PC.

That said, I got into Warframe a few weeks ago and just hit 118 hours. BL2 might soon have a fierce contender.

AtlAntA

IMG_20170319_230559.jpg

131 hours for jagged alliance 2...
I love this game:)

Not installed tho :)

OrangeOak

Multiplayer, definitely Gears of War. Played it until Gears of War 3,
Single player I think it would be Mass Effect, PGR3 (that all platinum took some time!) or some older Final Fantasy like VII or VIII

Final Fantasy XI, been playing it on/off since it released in 2002(2003?).

...I have about 580 days across a few characters over the years. Sure, a lot of that time was idle/LFG, but it still hurts to look at.

Smash Melee. The counter maxed at 99:99 before rolling over to 00:00. My best friend and I must've rolled that counter 2 or 3 times back in college.

ToKre

multiplayer game would be paragon it doesn't tell you the amount of hours but its well over 3500 hours in a year and a half and more watching streams.

campaign game dark souls 2 with over 550 hours.

Varna

MMO wise FFXI was about 100 days worth of playtime.

SP games...

700 hours into Fallout: New Vegas
400 hours into Pillars of Eternity
400 Hours into Baldur's Gate series

*Splinter

~1200 hours on Black Ops 2. That's only in-game time of course, real time could easily double that.

And if I can group all CoDs together... Actually, I'd rather not know.

There's no time counter to prove it, but I'm pretty certain its counter-strike. Probably starting in 9th grade, I would play at least 3 hours a day almost every day for the next 4 - 5 years. I'd estimate around 2500 - 3000 hours.

Pyccko

Can I count all the Rock Bands as one? Then probably that by a lot. No idea how many exactly, but it's gotta be somewhere in the 3k-4k range. Second from that would be Marvel Heroes at 1864 hours on record.

Which is too many.

AmuroChan

It's gotta be Starcraft, Warcraft 3, or SimCity 2000 for me. Easily put thousands of hours into each of those games.

Over 5000 hours in World of Warcraft and more than 1500 hours in Minecraft. I don't think anything comes close to these two for me.

Linkark07

Banned
Dota 2

896 hours.

World of Warcraft probably might have more hours, but I have played using 3 accounts so I don't have a record of total playtime.

The Witcher 3. I don't know how many though since I played it on PS4 and PC but definitely over 500.

Or maybe GTA Online. I still play it.

I've never reached 1000 hours on a game though.

Wvrs

Multiplayer, it's Halo 3 by a good mile.

Singleplayer, probably Ocarina of Time. I first played that game when I was 5 and I've replayed it countless times over the years.

Newlove

One of my students showed me his play time in Battlefield 3 and it was 342 days or something. Basically an entire year of his life and he is about 16 or 17.

noomi

My most played games in my lifetime:

1. Destiny 1 - 1,500+ hours
2. World of Warcraft - 1,100+ hours
3. Battlefield 2 - 300+ hours
4. Team Fortress 2 - 100+ hours
5. Left 4 Dead 2 - 100+ hours

Everything else has been sub 100 hours, singleplayer games, multiplayer shooters...etc

I expect Destiny 2 will top this list after a few years as well.

I’ll never touch another MMO though, ever. Stopped WoW in 2014ish and I’ve never looked back. Warframe looks very cool, and I would love to play it but I know it will consume me... and with a full time job, being a husband and a father, theres no more time for that.

Now casually enjoying Destiny 2, Battlefield 1, and the occasional single player game in between.

Neo_MG90

I have some rookie numbers compared to people here but my most played single-player games are Dragon Quest VIII and The Witcher 3, with 150 hours each, give or take,
and multiplayer is Rocket League with 436 hours so far, second place is Battlefield 4 with 200 hours.

Renna Hazel

Probably Super Smash Brothers Melee, the game had a 15 year life span for me. I think it's time has finally come to an end for me, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if I did pick it up again.

tjlee2

Neo Member
Highest was likely FFXI. I don't remember actual number though.

Highest for non-MMO is either Guilty Gear AC or DSIII. GGAC is probably higher, but DSIII is still at 850h

Highest single player is Xenoblade1 at around 300h (2 playthroughs).

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth/Afterbirth/+ is coming up for 1,000 hours on Steam apparently. 942 Hours - never had it on accidently overnight or anything like that. I generally do one run and then close it down. Listening to music - do a run. Podcast - run. Waiting for a game to download - run. Turns out you can stack up the hours doing that lol

Any game with a character creation and that you can make builds with are surefire games where I've spent the most of my hours into. Xenoblade Chronicles X, for example, has about 1500 hours in it when I rebeat the game on 10 different characters all with different builds and are inspired by other characters I love in other games or shows. Yes, that also means that I have made 10 whole NNIDs to make this happen, which was totally worth it. Although I'd like if when Monolith Soft ports the game to the Switch as well as make the sequel to it, that there can just be character file slots instead of the whole account hassle... lol. Similarly, Torchlight I and II... and so much more.

Top Bottom