• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

tei15

Something around 150h in Monster Hunter 4
Around the same in FFXII
otherwise spending anything more than ~70h playing a game feels like too much waste of a time

Magnus

Over 300 days in WoW. I'm sure many of those were me actually being AFK eating or forgetting that I was logged in, but yeah.

And yeah, that's 300 x 24 hours. So 7200 hours.

If we're discounting MMOs....I'm honestly not sure what I'd answer. If you lumped all the Pokemons together it'd be that for sure. I don't think any individual entry would take the top spot though. Maybe Street Fighter II.

120v

skyrim easily. steam clocks me in at 350 but my time with the 360 version should put me well over 500

makes me kind of sad i could never get into something like team fortress or WoW because that at least could be time spent with people, following some kind of "progression" but it just never panned out that way

ThaPhantom

Borderlands 2. Between all my characters I had about 1800 hours last I checked. Destiny 1 is right behind that and behind that is Pokemon Diamond from back in the day. I maxed the clock and still kept playing.

Apenheul

Either Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or Monster Hunter Tri. But if I remain so addicted to Fire Emblem Heroes it's going to be that quite soon I believe.

No idea how long on these guys, but it's a lot:
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Brood War
Diablo 2
WarCraft 3 (almost entirely custom maps)

Dark Souls 1 and 2 have my most clocked on Steam: ~300 in both.

nM5QqyT.gif

Tuorom

Neo Member
Hmmm

Dota/Dota 2 I have probably a shit ton of hours combined. Dota 2 is at ~600, but I played frozen throne for ages so I probably have at least 1000 on Warcraft 3 Dota.

Diablo 2 I must have at least 1500 hrs, I mean I play it every year and it's been out for 17 years now.

Call of Duty 4 I put a solid summer of play in, every day, all day. So lets say it was 8 hours a day x 120 days = 960 hrs, plus the time I played the campaign.

I wonder how far off I am from some of these. So much time spent, geez.

Bass260

Pokémon Showdown

3000 hours or more.

For those who don't know, PS is a fantastic and accurate battle-simulator on PC. With the sheer # of viable Pokémon & movesets, the game becomes a lot more complex than people may imagine.

BraXzy

I have no idea with WoW, because I played it as a kid on private servers.

Steam wise:

2u1bzoR.png

And then something like 600 hours in Destiny 1, 300 hours in Guild Wars 2.

I'm 100% sure MW2 is up there too in the hundreds.

I find that you need to take about a third off whatever amount it is to account for any menu / idling.

Steam says 2,807 hours for Dota 2...

The catch is I haven't played since Fall 2015. And will never touch it again or any competitive PvP game. All games thereafter have been SP or Co-Op games.

Other games where I spent insane amounts of time is Heroes of Newerth (before Dota 2), Space Cowboys (now called Ace Online I think?) and Runescape. But I'm pretty sure Dota 2.

JBwB

Probably RuneScape (Classic & 2).

I played it pretty much every day for 2+ years back in primary school.

NaviLink

950 hours on Destiny 1 over about 18 months, and for some of that period I was unemployed and played 10 hours a day. Otherwise I would have never reached that number. It's probably the most time I've put and will ever put in a game, short of playing a MMO or another multiplayer-focused game on a regular basis. People with thousands of hours is something I don't understand, it's just not physically possible for me. And some of those people have a family and everything.

400+ hours on Perfect Dark. Not sure of the exact amount, haven't booted the cartridge in a long time. Too bad the HD remake was dead on arrival, the online multiplayer lasted maybe two weeks. Such a shame.

No idea about Street Fighter IV, but its definitely up there, hundreds of hours. I had a tool to track that but I can't remember the name and it wasn't accurate at all.

Dreamer RD

Well over 17,000 hours into WoW. No idea what the actual count is.

had like 5000 in WoW (over 3 year period) & 1200 in TF2

Yup, once the MMO people start turning up, those numbers will jump.

sUT8NBQ.png

(not counting my original 1.0 character)

Over 18,000 hours on Runescape.

Could have learnt 2 new languages with that time but nooooo.

8563 hours played in World of Warcraft, followed by Star Ocean 2 at some twelve hundred hours of my youth.

For a long time I only had Star Ocean 2, Final Fantasy Tactics (800ish hours, though a lot of that was a lot of gameshark inputting), and Final Fantasy 7(maybe just 200 hours lol).

Damn...

Fallout New Vegas is probably the most for me, given that I completed it 6 times plus all the DLC at least twice. Likely have close to 200 hrs logged, but not 100% certain.

SirNinja

Some 800+ hours in Destiny, plus 160+ so far in D2. How very odd for two games GAF keeps telling me are bereft of content.

If you count idling, probably Team Fortress 2. Back when the item drops were essentially tied to how long you left the game on, I had it going for 1600+ hours.

Back before games (or I) kept track of how much time I played, Diablo II is probably the king in this department. Likely well over a thousand hours in that game across 5-6 different PCs.

Van Bur3n

At least over 1000 hours with Red Dead Redemption, and that is just the multiplayer as I don't remember the stats for the three playthroughs I did with the single player. I'd guess around 90 hours with each playthrough.

Top Bottom