• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Stream

zma1013

Oh the multiplayer walkthrough? That was absolutely 100% rehearsed. Had to be.

As for smoke and mirrors, they said that players dictate whether the building falls or not and I would guess the tank collapse can happen in multiple places although it seems kinda dumb that a single grenade can bring down the entire support.

It was real gameplay that was (probably) pre-recorded with certain abilities (like not having the helicopter killing them in 2 seconds) for the person playing.

RoKKeR

Yes, the demo itself was scripted to show off a bunch of highlights for MP in five minutes, (taking out the parking garage roof, sea combat, sky scraper, etc.) but the game has all of this and more for players to do. And it's all seamless. They've been streaming raw, uncut footage for two days now and all of the stuff you saw in the demo is there.

There are elevators for other buildings, but you can't take them down. It's a huge, complex, sprawling urban map and DICE is really delivering.

imperium

Have they actually showed the PS4/XB1 versions? I watched EA's presentation on Spike & I'm pretty sure that was the PC version. I'm not much of an online gamer but I have to admit that BF4 has my interest.

Seanspeed

Banned
It was a scripted/choreographed segment, but all that stuff is definitely possible and will lead to loads of 'holy frickin hell' moments when playing it yourself.

Mathezar

Looks like when after the skyscraper collapses all the textures on the map switch to look like it's coated in dust, very cool...

Menelaus

Banned
I'm talking about the Shanghai walkthrough with the insane verticality and completely seamless gameplay from one incredible action set piece to another. This all seemed way too good to be true. Are we going to be able to play an actual map like that? Like for real? Because if so that was absolutely incredible.

Have you never played a Battlefield game before? That's DICE for you. It was 100% in game, but of course it was rehearsed. To be honest, I've seen crazier shit in normal matches.

I just bought a 660ti, no way I'm running it past high anyways...both versions will have parity for me, at least.

What sucks is it finally looks like the spawn screen/map has proper mouse support.

Add another 660 and youre good. If current of setups can run Metro LL and Crysis 3 above 60FPS then I dont see why people are freaking out about this and Witcher3

TCRS

Banned
I'm supposed to be studying but I can't get away from this.

Man I really want to see the standard G36 assault rifle. We only ever get the compact or LMG version.

SWITCH TO SINGLE SHOTS YOU GODDAMN NOOB

I'm liking the idea of instantly transferring to a jet ski when exiting a boat. No more being stuck in the middle of the ocean forcing myself to commit suicide!

Mathezar

DICE are masters of sound design, this sounds as good as if not better than BF3. Can't wait for the public beta, no ETA on this yet, right?

This beta is gonna suck. It's gonna be on current gen consoles so it wont have all the new stuff thats exclusive to next gen like 1080p and 60fps. Wont even be 64 players :(

Roland1979

Made me pre-order. Cheapest for PC i could find everywhere here is €45,- (Euroland is more expensive, that IS cheap here)
They mailed me with this pre-order discount, €40,-, for regular customers not long ago.
After seeing this i could not resist and pre-ordered for PC.

why are people complaining that the demo was rehearsed? Every multiplayer trailer footage is put together to showcase the good features. Atleast they played it on stage and didnt just release a video (which would been the norm)

Menelaus

Banned
why are people complaining that the demo was rehearsed? Every multiplayer trailer footage is put together to showcase the good features. Atleast they played it on stage and didnt just release a video (which would been the norm)

No one is complaining, just pointing it out.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've had much more fun just watching the stream really. Even though the majority of players are bad, there's a lot of hilarity and just seeing the scope of everything. Hope next-gen can do this justice.

TCRS

Banned
Here's some for you to start with:

• Recon
  • C4
  • Motion sensor ball
  • Range finder
  • Ability to use different zoom levels in one scope

everything was nice until I got to this point. what the feck? why is C4 going back to Sniper and why in gods name are motion sensor balls coming back? why? WHY? if they are anything like those in bad company 2 then fuck off.

And what is the difference between a bag and a pack?

MBT having limited ammo is interesting. I'll have to be more efficient.

Other than that I can already see a nerf coming for tomahawk missiles and drones.

I hope we can call in mortar strikes.

looks sick! but I won't be playing until 2015 though. I'll wait for BF4 to drop to $5. Took 2 years for BF3 to do so, and I still haven't picked that one up yet!

Roland1979

You could also do that on all console BFs until BF3.

I only played BC 1 & 2 on console, and yes you could do that. But I would like it to feel more like artillery, like in CoD, in BC they where a bit too weak plus cool-down to quick. Anybody just saw the chopper action?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im watching the stream... omg at the particle effects, the physics are awesome too the rubble has 'weight' now.

I guess no submarines right?

None on this map, but considering the official Battlefield site has part of a page lauding their sea warfare, we still might. I remember someone requesting submarines to the official BF twitter, and they responded with a cryptic "funny you should mention that" or something.

everything was nice until I got to this point. what the feck? why is C4 going back to Sniper and why in gods name are motion sensor balls coming back? why? WHY? if they are anything like those in bad company 2 then fuck off.

And what is the difference between a bag and a pack?

MBT having limited ammo is interesting. I'll have to be more efficient.

Other than that I can already see a nerf coming for tomahawk missiles and drones.

I hope we can call in mortar strikes.

I have a place in my heart for Spec Ops in BF2, so I don't mind Recon getting C4. Never really liked Support, so having to use them for C4 was bummer.

In the stream, a health/ammo bag is deployable, like it always has been. A pack, apparently, is a smaller...pack...that you can give to an individual player, and it gradually replenishes health/ammo. Because its something that's given, not deployed, you don't have to hang around to get resupplied.

As for mortar strikes, squad leaders apparently have a special set of commands/commo rose. I would be surprised if they couldn't request a Tomahawk on a specific target.

Mathezar

I don't buy the 'warfare at sea' yet. The way it looks now is just as it is in BF3, except there are jet ski's (unable to defend themselves) and the rhib boats (maybe still in there) are upgraded to boats with a cannon and a missile.
Where are the actual naval ships like in BF 1942??? I want to see destroyers and aircraft carriers players can actually operate and move...

None on this map, but considering the official Battlefield site has part of a page lauding their sea warfare, we still might. I remember someone requesting submarines to the official BF twitter, and they responded with a cryptic "funny you should mention that" or something.

I hope you're right but usually DICE wouldnt miss to hype such an integral feature at this stage.

Moaradin

I don't buy the 'warfare at sea' yet. The way it looks now is just as it is in BF3, except there are jet ski's (unable to defend themselves) and the rhib boats (maybe still in there) are upgraded to boats with a cannon and a missile.
Where are the actual naval ships like in BF 1942??? I want to see destroyers and aircraft carriers players can actually operate and move...

It's Pre-Alpha, and there is only one map. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Whoa

When was 1080p confirmed for PS4/X1?

Multiple sources over the past day.

I really doubt we'll be able to control destroyers/carriers again, unfortunately.

KKRT00

Here's some for you to start with:

[*]Recon
  • C4
  • Motion sensor ball
  • Range finder
  • Ability to use different zoom levels in one scope

OMFG, OMFG! I love You DICE that You've listened. BF 3 Recon nerf was too huge, we were completely defenseless against vehicles. THANK YOU!

==

Because they support aggressive Recon role? Thats very good change.

Top Bottom