• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Stream

Info I posted in the other thread:

Some info from the livestream Karl Magnus interview:

Snap cover system when scoped if you're near cover (you can pop out, maybe lean?)
Suppression has been REDUCED for all classes except Support and has more of an effect in long range
Commander does not take up a slot in the total player count--it's a "separate" system

Spectator mode:

Views: Table Top, First Person, Third Person, Free Cam
Press Q to switch between players in a squad

The skyscraper is brought down by destroying the pillars below it, btw.

EDIT:

Sprint swim confirmed
Can dive to avoid gunfire while swimming

Bollards(?) to prevent vehicles from accessing a certain area. They can be "disarmed" or deconstructed
Environments are more interactive--metal detectors give you away, fire extinguishers create smoke screens

Is there a bug with the team colors in spectator mode? Seen lots of players shooting at "friends", and other players running right in front of/past "enemies".

RoKKeR

-Disabling has been changed. Certain parts of vehicles can be disabled, i.e. tracks on a tank. This hasn't been discussed much though.

-Dust from the collapsed building stays for the rest of the map, limits visibility.

-can Spring Swim, dive underwater, use sidearm

-VOIP

-Dynamic waves from building collapse, boat action, etc.

-Spectator mode is AWESOME!

Lakitu

st5fu
I need to stop watching. The commentators are annoying but the footage is glorious even though so many players are bad (I would be too). Lucky guys. It looks so great.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I hope it's not easy to bring the skyscrapper down, going to be a little dull if it gets taken down a minute into every game.

-Disabling has been changed. Certain parts of vehicles can be disabled, i.e. tracks on a tank. This hasn't been discussed much though.

-Dust from the collapsed building stays for the rest of the map, limits visibility.

-can Spring Swim, dive underwater, use sidearm

-VOIP

-Dynamic waves from building collapse, boat action, etc.

-Spectator mode is AWESOME!

yeah I like this little touch when I saw it.

They just confirmed the Commander can issue squad commands, as well.

Also, just saw someone get knifed. Had a second to hit "F" to counterattack.

Good god. Is it that hard to intuit that your teammates are the ones with the blue markers above them, and enemies with the orange? The amount of team-shooting I've seen in the last half hour has been staggering...

No wonder COD's formula of spawn, spray, kill, die, repeat has been so successful for them...the average gamer is evidently a moron.

mr_nothin

Banned
Commander mode: CHECK!
Spectator mode: CHECK!
Free cam: CHECK!
5 member squad: CHECK!
Land, sea and air: CHECK!

<3 DICE!

Only needs Squad Leader Only spawning and good netcode and I'm all the way in!

Good god. Is it that hard to intuit that your teammates are the ones with the blue markers above them, and enemies with the orange? The amount of team-shooting I've seen in the last half hour has been staggering...

It seems opposite on spectator mode right now. Probably a bug

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Info I posted in the other thread:

Some info from the livestream Karl Magnus interview:

Snap cover system when scoped if you're near cover (you can pop out, maybe lean?)
Suppression has been REDUCED for all classes except Support and has more of an effect in long range
Commander does not take up a slot in the total player count--it's a "separate" system

Spectator mode:

Views: Table Top, First Person, Third Person, Free Cam
Press Q to switch between players in a squad

The skyscraper is brought down by destroying the pillars below it, btw.

EDIT:

Sprint swim confirmed

Can dive to avoid gunfire while swimming

Not sure if my eyes deceived me, but flashbang grenades seems to be in it, too.

64 players and 60fps on next-gen will be glorious!

Damn this looks so sexy!

RoKKeR

The more cap points you have, the more perks your commander would have.

For example, if your team has the C flag plus a certain number of other ones, then the commander can use the AC-130 for a limited time.

sflufan

Banned
It's almost as if they've come really close to making a sequel to BF2!!!

Except for that 5-man squad thing -- that number is just plain weird!

Top Bottom