• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jehuty, Anubis and Reiko coming to Super Bomberman R! (plus new battle mode)

Jehuty and Anubis can do quite a bit.

Both of them can ignore gravity, make powerful homing laser attacks and are strong at melee combat.

Anubis has two stand-out features: it can Zero Shift (essentially teleport, though it is closer to instantaneous rapid movement), and it has enormous defenses that can stop or reflect any ranged attack directed against it.

Jehuty can store an enormous arsenal of weapons bigger than itself in an extradimensional pocket. It can also Zero Shift, and in the second game it excels at grab attacks. It can even use remote drones to grab enemies at long range and draw them to it.

Hmm. Very interesting! I wonder which ability each one will bring to Bomberman?

I also wonder what in the world Dracula will do?

Regiruler

At some point they HAVE to give the normal bombers some sort of attributes cause goddamn.

They probably have an ability or are downright excluded from the new mode because I feel this is supposed to be an esport arena sort of angle: from the wording it seems that abilities will be active in contrast to other competitive modes, and each character is supposed to be a psuedo-class.

At least I think that's the logic of it.

Zubz

Banned
At some point they HAVE to give the normal bombers some sort of attributes cause goddamn.

Definitely. There's no reason to use them if everyone else has some kind of power, & all they have are... a single personality trait.

If Dracula doesn't get a MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS voiceclip I'm gonna be extremely disappointed.

Yup. I also liked the "What is a Bomberman" line idea, too.

It's so strange to think that Super Bomberman R has ended up being one of Konami's best games in years.

The game's existence is unexpected, but I definitely knew a Super Bomberman sequel could be one of their best games. Super Bomberman was/continues to be a fantastic series.

Regiruler

"Dontejohnson468" from gamefaqs caught the TGS livestream and wrote a summary. The stream link is dead and there's no archive so it's a little hard to confirm (also I don't know japanese).

It has just been announced during the TGS livestream that the new Grand Prix Mode is made for e-Sports, so while the mode will still be playable as a new DLC update, it has not been confirmed wether the mode will have online co-op or not.

Also announced, this new update for Bomberman R won't be released until November of this year.

Grand Prix Mode as a whole:

I don't know about the other two, but Reiko Bomber can apparently hold up a shield to block bombs as her special ability.

There is a brand new cutscene showcasing Pyramid Head, Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and even Dracula. Vic tells White Bomber that each of the eight Bomberman Bros. can use the other DLC Bomber's special abilities in the new mode.

Each Bomber in the character select screen has their own stats, and you can give them specific power ups to start off with for the entirety of a match, such as starting off with the Power Glove (throwing glove).

The whole object of the Crystal rule is to see which team can gather the most crystals the fastest, or at least before the timer ends. But you also need to defeat your opponents to gain their crystals, especially the one member on the opposite team who has a crown.

If anyone saw the livestream and could corroborate these details, that would be appreciated. These seem pretty sensible though and matched the impression I was getting from the screenshots given a little background knowledge of konami's current direction.

Found this for $30 on Amazon; I'd have liked it for a bit less but I'm excited none the less. They keep improving the game as it is so I'm sure it'll be worth it :)

Top Bottom