• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jehuty, Anubis and Reiko coming to Super Bomberman R! (plus new battle mode)

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
6BLdM30.jpg

6YqvTqU.jpg

80MZfX5.jpg

A new Grand Prix mode has been announced with the game's appearance on Tokyo Game Show. Fans can look forward to 3 vs. 3 team battles. There is also a new rule called ”Crystal" and new characters with unique skill sets. Characters are from Rumble Roses (Reiko Hinomoto) and Zone of the Enders (Anubis, Jehuty).

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-bomberman-r-reveals-new-grand-prix-mode-new-characters/

Fireblend

Banned
Cool. I got this when it was on sale a while back and it's given me some decent hours of fun at work with coworkers. I'll take a free update. Wish they made it easier to unlock some of the stuff on the shop though, you really have to grind for currency in the game to unlock everything...

alf717

Not familiar with the three new characters but the 3v3 mode sounds pretty interesting. Might have to pick this one up down the road.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Reiko Hinomoto! Ooo... Ok. Definitely didn't expect THAT. Can I get remixes of her and Rowdy Reiko's themes while we're at it?

It feels so weird to see Konami give their games love now-a-days, that this feels even more unusual. Jehuthy and Anubis are a good cross promotion, though. Super Bomberman R actually has an extended life to it, much better than one would have expected months ago. I hope they continue doing this.

The game that keeps on giving, I honestly never would have expected this kind of continued support before release. They not only fixed the issues everyone had but they've been giving free character packs since release and now even new modes? I mean I half expected it to remain a poorly running mess for its lifetime. Really really impressed.

...wonder what their special moves will be?

I know literally nothing about any of these characters, anybody in the know have any ideas how they may translate to Bomberman?

Zubz

Banned
Reiko managed to out-surprise pick Pyramid Head! Surprised Konami never tried to turn a profit off that series. Or that we haven't seen Bonk, Twinbee, or Master Higgins Bombers, since those 3 have already been in Bomberman games. Maybe we'll see them with Snake & Yugi next update?

Glad to see the game's still getting updates either way! I still need to pick it up; I flippin' love Bomberman.

ITSMILNER

I'm impressed Konami have kept updating this, happy they are though!

I've not touched it since the first update tho and even then I only tried a few multiplayer games, how does this compare to the likes of Bomberman Live now in terms of customisation and modes?

Sciz

Aw shit

Thought we were done with patches for this game after the last character dump and now there's a new mode? Amazing.

Reiko managed to out-surprise pick Pyramid Head! Surprised Konami never tried to turn a profit off that series. Or that we haven't seen Bonk, Twinbee, or Master Higgins Bombers, since those 3 have already been in Bomberman games. Maybe we'll see them with Snake & Yugi next update?

Glad to see the game's still getting updates either way! I still need to pick it up; I flippin' love Bomberman.

Twinbee is already represented in the game, just not as a playable character.

edit: wait you buried the lead:

Aw shit

Thought we were done with patches for this game after the last character dump and now there's a new mode? Amazing.

Twinbee is already represented in the game, just not as a playable character.

Oh yeah, Plasma pilots a Twinbee for some reason. Found that odd.

Twinbee not being playable before the likes of Pyramid Head is strange to me, but PH is my main now, so why am I complaining?

ffvorax

Still waiting for Bomberman on PS4/Vita... :(
(if never happen, it will be the first game on a Switch, if I will ever buy it...)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I should probably pick up Bomberman. I need more of these local multiplayer games on Switch.

Top Bottom