• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018

This is hardly shocking. The game was set for release in a set of a few months and the little we've seen from the game doesn't look all that hot.

Hopefully the delay does it some good.

Maybe they're going actually to try improve game based on reception they got after E3 showing. And holiday season is already packed full, so it's fine by me. Also, overreaction, the thread, people seems to love talk about how Microsoft is doomed and lost the point.

Zukkoyaki

It sucks no doubt but this feels like the right move. It looked really rough at E3 and November isn't the time to release an IP like Crackdown.

jennetics

A delayed game is bad, but a good game will forever be good.

No worries, Crackdown. I don't mind waiting! Also...I don't have an Xbox so this gives me more time to buy one :D

13ruce

Banned
I am floored...2017 has been an incredibly bad year for Xbox.

Great job, Phil /s

We have pc, switch, 3ds and ps4 killin it this year, it kinda is sad that Xbox has nearly nothing this year.

Hopefully for them and their fans/console owners the situation improves next year because it seems 2018 is shaping up to be a freaking great year too gaming wise just as 2017 is/was.

The biggest issues are their exclusives problem and missing out of some fantastic Japanese games.

Altho luckily Monster Hunter is coming cuz i wanted to buy a xbox sice a majority of my friends own that. And since it seems nintendo is going with 1 platform and probably mobile forward i can replace the second hardware with a xbox one. But yeah it disappoints me that they had such a bad year this year.

I see that they are trying to dethrone Persona 5 as the king of delays
/s
Seriously tho, how many time has this game been delayed? It feels like It has been announced forever.

I get that people have decided to laugh at this but honestly it's the right move in every way

The game clearly needed work and November was a horrible launch period for this.

Spring 2018 gives it a much better chance. Good move MS

If they'd put a fraction of the cash they put into the whole Kinect/TV-set-top-box push five or so years ago, they could have built up a decent stable of first party devs and some new, high quality IPs right about now.

yeah, that & the nfl deal. i mean, even for ms, this was a lotta money invested that's basically evaporated...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have said the following since E3 2016 -

Microsoft should have delayed the Xbox One X until fall/holiday 2018, call it Xbox Scorpio, make it fully backwards compatible with Xbox One but make it their fourth console (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Scorpio). They would have had a far better console with most likely an upgraded CPU, far better lineup including a few true exclusives, massive backwards compatibility lineup and Game Pass.

While I have no doubt that Forza Motorsport 7 will be amazing, im happy that I decided to just stick with the Xbox One Slim as my secondary console simply because for me, there's truly no reason to buy an Xbox One X.

To me, Microsoft will basically end up being where for the first time ever, a hardware manufacturer loses twice in the same generation. Still shocked that the geniuses at Microsoft didn't say to hell with the "one" brand and move on. Oh well.

jett

D-Member
The continued existence of this game is bizarre. I wonder why MS hasn't cancelled it yet, like they cancelled Scalebound.

Blobbers

game looked rough + something was fishy when they didn't show let alone market from the rooftop the one portion of the game (MP) where the power of the cloud was said to shine

they're doing the right thing by delaying, good on Phil for not choosing any of the shittier options like releasing the game in its current state

Theorry

I get that people have decided to laugh at this but honestly it's the right move in every way

The game clearly needed work and November was a horrible launch period for this.

Spring 2018 gives it a much better chance. Good move MS

I agree with that to if am honest. It sucks but maybe its for the better.

Welfare

State of Decay 2.

But everyone keeps forgetting about it, so I guess that interest is pretty thin.
That is 2018 as well.

So the 2018 lineup is looking like

Crackdown 3
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves
Ori
Forza
Halo 6

Those first 3 were all delayed from this year.

Well at least we got Cuphead. At least they have a pretty hefty 2018 lineup ^
But when you compare it to Sony's...
tenor.gif

Top Bottom