• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018

//DEVIL//

ahahahahahaha.... ahahahahaha.. ahahahahahaha

like seriously. I cant do anything but laugh at this. surprisingly it was one of the games I really wanted to play this year because I loved the first one to death.

I just hope MS have some upgraded visuals trailer next week. to help things calm down abit lol.

MS.. what are you doing ...

This game was announced in 2014 tho..supposed to have a multiplayer beta in 2016 and come out 2016 than 2017 now not even a damn date it's spring 2018 which I bet is fall 2018

Majine

Banned
I enjoy a bit of Forza but I was under the impression (I could well be wrong) that Horizon was a lot more popular than the main series. Seems a bit of a dry game to pin a console launch on.

On GAF? Perhaps.

But the Motorsports series is still huge.

oti

Banned
If this games doesn't deliver after all this time then wow. Gonna be rough.
What game will MS advertise with the Xbox One X now?
Assassin's Creed
lol
Seems like MS listened and spread out their releases!
image.php

hydruxo

I get that people have decided to laugh at this but honestly it's the right move in every way

The game clearly needed work and November was a horrible launch period for this.

Spring 2018 gives it a much better chance. Good move MS

Does it though? One could argue that Spring '18 is even more crowded.

Never could have thought we could turn those 'Star Trek where was The Last Guardian' gifs into Crackdown 3 gifs.

Xbox just can't catch a break this generation. Will they be able to do a PS3 style turnaround? Because the X is looking like a expensive true4k presse papier right now.

Crackdown 3, delayed til 2018??

Aw shit, now I will have nothing to play on my Xbox, literally no games, none whatsoever.
I may as well sell it now.

I am more than fine with this because after the E3 videos I really wasn't too fond of that at all. I do wonder if they can change things and improve things that drastically between now and Spring 2018 though.

Still though, what a goddamn mess. One thing is for sure, something went very wrong there.

gamz

That is 2018 as well.

So the 2018 lineup is looking like

Crackdown 3
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves
Ori
Forza
Halo 6

Those first 3 were all delayed from this year.

Halo 6 ain't coming out in 2018, but that lineup is fucking solid now! Damn!

j0hnnix

Possible MS waiting for x2x to come out for true 8k cloud computing.. real Terry Crews is better than fake Terry Crews.

They can't advertise Fifa, CoD and Battlefront which makes that plan kind of hard.
Assassin creed forza shadow. Still can do crackdown and everything 2018 they'll be fine. Hardcore buy new consoles anyway

Moving this game from 2017 to 2018 probably helps them. 4th quarter is crowded

RulkezX

More proof MS read GAF.

Is all your fault for saying no one cares about exclusives in that "MS needs more exclusives" thread.

Well done GAF

ArjanN

Honestly it seemed like it needed more time.

The continued existence of this game bizarre. I wonder why MS hasn't cancelled it yet, like they cancelled Scalebound.

They probably don't want to cancel anything more than they have to and Crackdown is likely a easier bet from a marketing perspective than Scalebound.

Instro

They probably would have canned this had they not not already gotten such backlash over their previous cancellations.

It sucks that it has been pushed back again, but give this game as long as it needs. I hope we're not left disappointed with the end product.

Plus this gives me more time to save for an Xbox One X.

oti

Banned
If either, they don't show the multiplayer at gamescon or it doesn't delivers, it will definitelly will be cancelled by january.
This isn't one if those "Japanese games" so Xbox owners actually care. No, in all seriousness, of they were to cancel this the resulting shitstorm would be humongous.
Halo 6 ain't coming out in 2018, but that lineup is fucking solid now! Damn!
That's a way to spin it.

Alienous

They really should just focus everything on making that multiplayer component free-to-play, or at least standalone.

That's where the money would be.

Lucifon

Does it though? One could argue that Spring '18 is even more crowded.

No chance. Its current date was sandwiched between Shadow of War, South Park, Destiny 2, Cod WW2, Battlefront 2, AC Origins, Wolfenstein and maybe a couple of others all within a few weeks either side of it. Outside of being an X launch title it would have been completely drowned out.

So the X doesn't have a first party game at launch.

Pretty crazy. I know it's a mid-gen refresh, but you'd think they'd want to launch the console with a first party title.

I can't remember a more underwhelming year for Xbox since MS entered the video game industry in 2001.

Top Bottom