• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf/Minna Golf Beta Test

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I just noticed The Golf Club 2 also comes out this summer, end of June. I'm hopeful for that, but Hot Shots is a no doubter for me. Being on the weekend!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UK invite! Pleasant surprise. Good timing to have a day off, but I was hoping to play Rime and Edith Finch

How do you download from mobile after redeeming? Can't see it in the download list and in the media list there isn't a download button

PSFore

Neo Member
Either it's just a lot of EU posting here or seems like a higher percentage of applicants there got in there than other regions.

neilyadig

Do the invites come to an email or as a message on the PS4?

Email.

Looks like this (not my image):

DAd7YlAXcAAMP4D.jpg:small

Source: https://twitter.com/JKALANDYK/status/866797145621504001

purbeast

If anyone has a spare US code and isn't going to use it and would like to give it up, please shoot me a PM I'm dying to play this game! I just found out about the beta and have no clue how people signed up and even got codes!

purbeast

Seriously, I'd throw some cash out for a NA code as well. I've put more hours into Hot Shots than I care to admit. So many nights with three friends, beers, and a dollar a hole.

Haha I recognize your name from HSG:OOB!

That is, if you used the same Voorhees name online...

PSFore

Neo Member
If you need a code at this point be willing to accept any region- it's really not hard to make an account for other regions.

neilyadig

Looks like details of what's in the beta is available here:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/newmingol/playersinfo/2017/05/cot003.html

My hype is building... there really has been no information put out by SIEA on this... which is not helping!

GZsq6jF.png

Welcome to Everybody's Golf Closed Online Test! In this test, we are going to test the server load by having a large quantity of guest players access the online feature. We have limited the time period and content you can play in this test. (Please refer to this page for the differences from the retail version.) Although the time and content are limited, please enjoy a portion of Everybody's Golf's golfer life. In this article, we will briefly explain what kind of activities you can participate in during this test and how to read the screen.

Things you can do in the closed online test

In the closed online test, you can play two online modes: "Open Course" and "Turf War." You can enter each mode from the Home Area or by selecting it from the Menu with the OPTIONS button.​

Open Course

In the online open course, you can spend time any way you like by playing golf or chatting with other players. In this test, only the Eagle City OUT course is playable. Please give some of the following activities a try.​

• Try 1H or 9H round and compete with the players around the world to place high in the rankings.
  • Aim for being listed in the Daily Drive Contest rankings to compete for the longest tee shot during a round of 1H or 9H round.
  • Join the Daily Tournament (9H round daily rankings) and acquire the item of the month as a prize the next day in game time.
  • The event called Lucky Chance will be held on a regular basis. Join it and grab the rewards.
  • Multiple items will appear somewhere on the course once a day. Walk around to find them.
  • Customize your character with clothes you obtained or purchased at the shop.
  • Communicate with other players using in-game chat or gestures.
  • Build your characters through golf play.
Turf War

In Turf War, players are divided into two teams, Red Team and Blue Team, and compete to claim holes. In this test, Turf War begins when six or more players gather. Give this new twist on golf a try!​

• Gain points as many as possible within the limited time.
  • Always pay attention to your team's performance and pick a right hole to play
  • Gain more points than your team mates and try to get MVP.

Hope I can find a good stream

Geez really? Sounds pretty good for a closed test when only a few of us got in.

Half of a course is not pretty good, it's bare minimum. It'll still be fun, but it's more of a demo than a beta. They're actually calling it a "closed online test", which seems more accurate. Oh well, I'm grateful to get to play it at all.

Grassy

Wow I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a closed Beta code, and I think I have a spare EU code too. I'll post it here when I get home.

Half of a course is not pretty good, it's bare minimum. It'll still be fun, but it's more of a demo than a beta. They're actually calling it a "closed online test", which seems more accurate. Oh well, I'm grateful to get to play it at all.

yeah, whole point of this is to test their online servers capacity, not to let us enjoy their game like a demo.

yeah, whole point of this is to test their online servers capacity, not to let us enjoy their game like a demo.

Except if you toss the beta to people that aren't interested, they aren't going to play and therefore, you aren't going to test the capacity like you wanted.

Top Bottom