• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omerta – City of Gangsters Announced (TRS by the Tropico devs)

Shane86

Finished the demo. Similar to Tropico in how you have buildings that need to supply each other. However you simply select what building to take over, you don't design the city yourself. Combat is turn based strategy, like a very basic x-com. As mentioned above it is similar to Gangsters.

Shane86

This game is infuriating, you're expected to kill 6 men with 3 of your own, and then when you lose, one of your men gets imprisoned and it doesn't tell you how to get them out.

Then you're forced to fight the next mission with only two men because you can't replace the imprisoned guy, pretty much done with this game. I wish I could cut out the combat altogether.

Trigger

I thought the demo for this was pretty decent. I'll give the console version a rent. Lovely portrait character art too.

JDSN

Banned
Don't buy this shit, its not an strategy game with Sim management features, its facebook's mafia wars without the social aspect and a shitty interface.

Don't buy this shit, its not an strategy game with Sim management features, its facebook's mafia wars without the social aspect and a shitty interface.
I don't want to be mean because I like these guys, but yeah the strategy part of the game felt like a F2P Facebook or iOS game. The tactical game was not as tight as I was expecting either.

JDSN

Banned
I don't want to be mean because I like these guys, but yeah the strategy part of the game felt like a F2P Facebook or iOS game. The tactical game was not as tight as I was expecting either.

Im not the biggest fan of Hemimimnoeewtr (sp?) Games because they havent managed to capture the great aspects of the original Tropicos and barely managed to make an expanded copycat, but this showed that they have no talent without a concept to rip-off.

Such a bad fucking game, its not even broken, its just boring and plain.

smr00

Banned
Yeah, i was going to buy it and luckily a friend of mine already wasted his money on it and urged me to hop on his account and play around with it before deciding if i thought it was worth the $.

It's not. It's a piece of shit.

Top Bottom