• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City | Review Thread

Denton

1559877-robocop-rogue-city-original.jpg

1559901-robocop-rogue-city-original.jpg

1559853-robocop-rogue-city-original.jpg

RickMasters

I don’t care about that 70- something score. I’ll buy this for the same reasons I bought, alien isolation and terminator. It’s such a good homage to the IP in terms of look and feel.

It’s like I’m getting games I wanted when I was kid….. looking how I wanted them to look when I was a kid.

I want these guys to make a predator game.

And then I want a Rambo game!

I feel like these games are made for us 80s babies anyway!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I don’t care about that 70- something score. I’ll buy this for the same reasons I bought, alien isolation and terminator. It’s such a good homage to the IP in terms of look and feel.

It’s like I’m getting games I wanted when I was kid….. looking how I wanted them to look when I was a kid.

I want these guys to make a predator game.

And then I want a Rambo game!

I feel like these games are made for us 80s babies anyway!

Teyon's first swing at these love letters actually was Rambo and it was not received well whatsoever. They had the right idea I think though.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
They havent had the money to make a great game but for Terminator they had a bigger budget and it was awesome fan service

Yeah Resistance was fucking fantastic. I still need to play Annihilation Line too. Will probably knock that out after Rogue City since Ill still be in 80s action mode.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Well.......some police departments are run like gangs. That's extremely well-known. But it doesn't mean that all policemen are bad. It's not like the bad cops are kept on the force out of pure ignorance. They are defended and in some cases false reports are created to hide the wrong doings.

Like any set group in the world, police are humans too. They have the ability to do bad things and cover them up. They've stolen drugs from drug dealers and have taken money under the table from local Mafia groups. This is all recorded history.

But again it doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of amazing cops in the country.
Agree with everything you said here. What I disagreed with was that this was an accurate description of people’s attitude toward the police.

Among some on the left (such as the ones who would criticize a freaking RoboCop video game for not portraying the police as racist) there is most definitely this attitude like:
- anybody who would ever want to become a cop must be an authoritarian asshole
- greater # of arrests of minorities/in minority neighborhoods is proof of racism and has no relation to the amount of crime being committed in those areas
- defunding the police and reducing policing in minority areas is somehow a good thing even though the minorities overwhelmingly want policing in their neighborhoods

Anyway I’m not trying to turn this into a political debate. Just pointing out that there is a ton of anti-police sentiment out there and it’s not accurate to summarize the “police issue” as just some people asking for reasonable policy changes.

damidu

lol, love the "fuck the reviews" vibe here, whenever they dont align with your made up hype. kindergarten 101

for a forum full of people not caring about reviews, you guys sure love to talk about them 7/24, not even mentioning the
whole concept of prediction threads.

game seems ok for what it is, probably bit one note and repetitive going by the reviews. should hit a sale or subscription in no time.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
lol, love the "fuck the reviews" vibe here, whenever they dont align with your made up hype. kindergarten 101

for a forum full of people not caring about reviews, you guys sure love to talk about them 7/24, not even mentioning the

game seems ok for what it is, probably bit one note and repetitive going by the reviews. should hit a sale or subscription in no time.
It doesn’t sound repetitive. It sounds like the game has multiple forms of playing: combat, investigations, exploration and tons of story.

Red5

Game had a demo on Steam, played it and it convinced me to buy it, as such reviews for this game are irrelevant.

Games without demos on the other hand are an entire matter.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This looks AWESOME!!!
Playing with haptics on dualsense could be cool since weapons seems really punchy.
Also, seen reports of stutters in the demo. After AW2 fiasco, I am not getting it on ps5 right away lol.

MiguelItUp

Made up hype? It's people that clearly love the IP, like myself, and those that thought the demo was awesome that are hyped. So, I think the hype is far from made up. Sounds like it was never your thing, and that's okay.

I think there are a lot of people here that really care about review scores, but there are others that really don't. They're just curious to know what the impressions are to know if a game is worth buying or not. I don't think that's radical thinking in an era where new games usually cost $60-$70. I don't really blame anyone, even if I don't care about what the score number is, or what random journalists think, but that's just me.

Which is your opinion, and that's just fine. Though I don't think it's one note or repetitive at all even from the demo I played, it was certainly extensive enough. If I have more of that, then I'm happy, and that's exactly what the game is going to offer from what I understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom