• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: hundreds of cars (120 new), 24 players online

I was thinking about that too.

Greenawalt must've put the screws on MS..

"I'm doing Newtonian physics over here and working with Calspan for fuck's sake and you can't give me an extra 1.21 gigawatts of power?"

Someone hasn't been down Dan's rabbit hole recently, we're all non Newtonian now.

Gestault

I still think we are jumping the gun a bit here (Some sites are even reporting it as news).

There have been plenty of wrong amazon game descriptions in the past. So I'd wait until Turn 10 say so before doing any celebrating.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't bother with a bump, but it looks like most people are taking it as confirmed when it hasn't been.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man, 24 players.
iblq4GMH32nuA9.png

I really hope that's true.

p3tran

Banned
Pretty much this. I wouldn't bother with a bump, but it looks like most people are taking it as confirmed when it hasn't been.

dont you think that amazon's description is too detailed to be a fake or a ..mistake? (how can it be mistake?)
I ask because I am not aware of any wrong amazon game descriptions, like "wrong" being the no. of players. because the rest of the description sure looks like it is from forza 5 and not another game...

Amir0x

Banned
Just take the plunge man. You seem like you enjoyed your 360. The One is a natural successor and you might even enjoy the use of Kinect.

The 360 was my go to system in almost every way - 99% of my online time, 90% of all my digital downloads, a good 85% of all my games purchased last-gen (and virtually every multiplatform game on the platform until I got a gaming level PC late in the gen).

But it's not my time yet. II feel Microsoft has to learn a lesson for what they attempted much like Sony had to in 2006 (which is why I didn't get a PS3 til Uncharted 2 was basically out) and I don't think lots of people buying in early on will teach them much, so I'm doing my part to stay out of it. Additionally, there are still many things that I don't like, such as Kinect, and I don't really want to spend the $100 extra for that technology I won't ever touch. So even if I wasn't annoyed at MS for what they attempted, I probably would have to wait for the first price drop.

I think I'll get it when it hits $299.99. Forza will definitely be one of the first games I get though. They also get it - 60fps first, then see what else you can get it there later. Sure in sheer technical terms, it's not doing as much visual wizardly as their competitors flagship launch racer, but I'd give that all up to have it in 60fps, so I feel they have their priorities straight. Also almost every Forza game I have played was great, and the last Forza game was better than Gran Turismo 5 in many ways, so Turn 10 keeps improving. I expect Forza 5 to be a bit of a step back from the last Forza game though since, like all launch games, it'll be rushing to make that launch deadline. But that's cool... a taste of things to come :D

HeliosT10

HeliosT10
Last Activity: Today 06:03 PM

fry-starekwse8.gif

Ha, I see I've been spotted!

Anyway, just wanted to post here quickly that the Forza Motorsport 5 product description that was recently posted online was inaccurate and was pulled once we became aware of it. We plan to reveal more details on our car list and multiplayer car count in the coming weeks.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Anyway, just wanted to post here quickly that the Forza Motorsport 5 product description that was recently posted online was inaccurate and was pulled once we became aware of it. We plan to reveal more details on our car list and multiplayer car count in the coming weeks.

Wat

amar212

Party Breaker.

p3tran

Banned

oh no you didn't!!

Xanadu

Banned

see

Amir0x

Banned
Lol. Amir0x enjoys letting people know his xbox purchase is years down the road.

No. I just felt the need to express how excited this game makes me, whilst at the same time being accurate that I won't get to experience it for a few years. I don't get 'enjoyment' out of that shit because I'm not a fanboy, Vernia. Foreign, I know

shinnn

BOOO

some mod update the OT title please

Amir0x

Banned
HeliosT10 said:

Nooooo... missed this comment :(

Oh well, I never originally expected that much shit for a launch game, so it won't damper my excitement.

Well, so much for 24 cars online at once. If it was true, he would have confirmed it. Probably the same with the "hundreds of cars/120 cars" quote as well.

dont you think that amazon's description is too detailed to be a fake or a ..mistake? (how can it be mistake?)
I ask because I am not aware of any wrong amazon game descriptions, like "wrong" being the no. of players. because the rest of the description sure looks like it is from forza 5 and not another game...

Amazon was actually wrong and made a mistake when they listed Forza 5 as having 120 new cars and 24 players online. That time they were wrong ;)

p3tran

Banned
Sorry to disappoint, but that's it for this week.
good chap for letting us know that!
also for this week, your tip about "news coming" delivered as something substantial with the official confirmation of bathurst.
even though we already had found out about it ;)

now, maybe you retracted that text today, because it is maybe a description to a upcoming video? hehe

That video makes me want to buy an Xbox. Did most of you play with wheels, or was it a mix?

A mix, but the thing is Forza GAF is like trying to get to the end of the rainbow. You see it there but actually getting to the desired destination is folly.

Translation: We were horrible at actually getting these races together. And when we did technical issues usually accounted for about 30 min of trying to wrangle everyone up.

But in that time you could be treated to imitations of p3trans Greek accent, I never did it but it did happen :)

Bonus race on Fuji

At least we're not left holding out for something else over the weekend.

There is obviously a great deal left to reveal but I'm not liking the way news is spread so thin.

Been hearing and seeing more about Xbox One than PS4. A lot more, actually.

At E3 it was wait until we announce more, we'll share this at a later date etc etc.

I'm still not sure what the crack is with does only the console need live or is account based again.

Top Bottom