• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5: hundreds of cars (120 new), 24 players online

madmackem

For fucks sake they need to show more videos of this game. It is a fucking racing game for shits sake and they are being so damn stingy with the info.

Turn 10 gonna turn 10, 24 cars online are we talking all players here or 12 plus 12 ai?. A few game in the past have beefed up online count by adding in ai cars which couldnt be swapped out for human. Confirmation needed stat turn 10.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm highly sceptical of 24 players until they confirm. I feel like they would have been trumpeting this from the rooftops if it were true.

Gestault

An intelligent person won't assume and act condescending as hell either. It was a valid question.

You honestly think it was a valid question? And I mean that, what words gave you the impression announcing the FM5 would have 120 new cars meant that they were saying they have two different model standards, a premium and a lower-quality set?

Turn 10 gonna turn 10, 24 cars online are we talking all players here or 12 plus 12 ai?. A few game in the past have beefed up online count by adding in ai cars which couldnt be swapped out for human. Confirmation needed stat turn 10.

If anything ai heavies the load so can't see them bumping up the numbers with them.

Still 24 is too good to be true without confirmation. When showcasing no more than 4 at a time at demo's I'm going to hold off getting excited for now.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

This is indeed great news, makes me wish I could get a launch Xbox One with FORZA 5 in my hands, can't wait for more gameplay.

Really lucky for the GAFfers enjoying this fine game, can't wait for the proper discussions in FORZA-Gaf (which is an amazing community).

Goddammit, Forza 5. Stop making me want to buy an Xbox One just to play you :/ ...

I feel the same. Can´t justify buying a console just for this game. In a perfect world it would be a PC release so i could run gloriously in like 15 fps on my computer.

24 players online should be the baseline for this gen, with options to go to 32 in the next installment.

saladine1

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

This is indeed great news, makes me wish I could get a launch Xbox One with FORZA 5 in my hands, can't wait for more gameplay.

Really lucky for the GAFfers enjoying this fine game, can't wait for the proper discussions in FORZA-Gaf (which is an amazing community).

That's a very sad situation.
Damn you MS, damn you all to hell!

I never understood why these racing sims (not just Forza) need so many cars. I'd love to see the stats on which cars are actually used.
They say that the game needs 3 cars... Your first car, your current car, and your dream car. Thing is those 3 cars are different for everyone.

The_Monk

That's a very sad situation.
Damn you MS, damn you all to hell!

Indeed fellow GAFfer, not to mention the hard time in the Economy in here will not help it, either.

I still keep and eye of FORZA threads... and they are full of friendly faces I know and/or played Online... it hurts so much..!

Ty4on

Isn't it opposite? 16 online and 12 when it's the AI?

24 online?!

1000x500px-LL-b21e0794_hype.gif

Darklord

Banned
You honestly think it was a valid question? And I mean that, what words gave you the impression announcing the FM5 would have 120 new cars meant that they were saying they have two different model standards, a premium and a lower-quality set?

The fact that it's a launch game which gives them a much tighter schedule, that they haven't mentioned the number of cars at all yet, that things like night and weather are still missing, and that the other big racing sim game did the exact same thing as I mentioned making it not so far fetched. That's not enough to even have a stab in the dark?

Hopefully we can get confirmation on this because that would be fantastic, although 24 players or more is kind of what I expect going into next-gen considering we had 16 this gen.

DericLee

Banned
They NEED to support the G27, I can't justify buying a wheel JUST for XB1, especially when I can already use it on my PC, PS3 and soon PS4.

No G27 support means no buy on Forza, can't go back to a controller once you start racing with a wheel set up.

We need to start a movement for this.

They NEED to support the G27, I can't justify buying a wheel JUST for XB1, especially when I can already use it on my PC, PS3 and soon PS4.

No G27 support means no buy on Forza, can't go back to a controller once you start racing with a wheel set up.

Your wheel is at the back of the compatibility queue mate, they managed to survive this gen without supporting it.

eso76

Badned on forzacentral explained why we're not seeing much of the game yet. T10 is working like crazy and basically still working on the graphics and features. With hardware, SDK and drivers changing, I'm sure it's hell. Soon, though

Xanadu

Banned

0% chance of this happening

I have a really expensive Fanatec and I'm fully expecting them not to support that either.

Same here, well...wasn't expecting them (MS or Fanatec) to support it originally but I'm quite optimistic now, be it a 1st, 3rd party or totally unofficial, something will happen.

Just hope it's not a lousy XCM jobbie.

Ty4on

Badned on forzacentral explained why we're not seeing much of the game yet. T10 is working like crazy and basically still working on the graphics and features. With hardware, SDK and drivers changing, I'm sure it's hell. Soon, though

Hope they manage to finish it or in the worst case delay it. As much as I hate some of their decisions and MS' marketing, they still make damn fine and polished racing games.

saladine1

CPU boost and now 24 players online. Coincidence, I think not ;)

I was thinking about that too.

Greenawalt must've put the screws on MS..

"I'm doing Newtonian physics over here and working with Calspan for fuck's sake and you can't give me an extra 1.21 gigawatts of power?"

I still think we are jumping the gun a bit here (Some sites are even reporting it as news).

There have been plenty of wrong amazon game descriptions in the past. So I'd wait until Turn 10 say so before doing any celebrating.

Top Bottom