• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite product designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
thunderboltdispalypfprint.jpg

Apple Thunderbolt Display

macmini2011_2_620x350.jpg

Apple Mac Mini

iphone4_2up_front_side-420-90.jpg

Apple iPhone 4

hero_3_20091020.jpg

Apple Keyboard

Oh, I do love the Cinema Display.

FStop7

Banned
Time to up the ante.

Ligne Roset "Cimea" wardrobes.

wardrobe-for-hotel-rooms-262294.jpg

Ligne Roset "Confluences" sofa.

Confluences.jpg

Roche Bobois "Script" sectional

screenshot2012-03-26aupy04.png

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
There are a lot of great product designs but out of the things I use the most often, I really like the iPhone 4/4S. I'm really looking forward to what the next iPhone iteration will look like because it is difficult to imagine Apple being able to improve upon the design of the iPhone 4/4S.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Time to up the ante.

Ligne Roset "Cimea" wardrobes.

wardrobe-for-hotel-rooms-262294.jpg

I always wondered what distinguishes glossy white surface furniture from murrame or Ligne Roset as opposed to something like IKEA...

All of them use Mdf as a construction material right?

I need to Pm Chittagong sometime...

FStop7

Banned
I always wondered what distinguishes glossy white surface furniture from murrame or Ligne Roset as opposed to something like IKEA...

All of them use Mdf as a construction material right?

I need to Pm Chittagong sometime...

Regarding hard surface stuff like wardrobes or dressers, I don't know. There's certainly a massive aesthetic difference. I would be curious as to the quality of construction I'd like to see if/how they're different under the surface. I like the PAX wardrobe setup that IKEA sells quite a bit.

Whoring my recent shoe purchases. I would say that - so far - they're the nicest shoes I've ever seen.

Folk Alaric Pacific Navy:

8qk817d3fb02b2415bba538a555fcc3b-folk-alaric-pacific-navy-leather-03.jpg

Folk Amrstrong Tobacco:

f9694bca274ec04c7ea4b645531a2a11_h540w455_crop.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Regarding hard surface stuff like wardrobes or dressers, I don't know. There's certainly a massive aesthetic difference. I would be curious as to the quality of construction I'd like to see if/how they're different under the surface. I like the PAX wardrobe setup that IKEA sells quite a bit.

Oh nice, the PAX setup is good looking. Paying $400 for an IKEA anything is a bit questionable however.

I can't seem to find anything other than wardrobe systems in the PAX style... Do they have any normal cabinets or storage furniture?

Edit: Ah I see, you can customize the inside.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Huge fan of free though! :D Just wouldn't spend $100 on them.

Yeah, I really preferred the sound sticks, but free is free for now. I am a big fan of minimalism, even though I love good sound. I was hoping for a setting similar to these:
6137877680_fd49424cd6_z.jpg

5456230933_ed1dc20283_z.jpg

But instead, could not avoid a little clutter in my own setup(bose companions and all):

6732656701_f482ec1c85_z.jpg

Mascot

My Klok K7 nixie clock:

nixie2.jpg

My Cyclox II nixie clock with custom aluminium base:

cyclox2highiw1.jpg

VW Karmann Ghia, the best-looking car ever made:

3196_6776.jpg

22144466.jpg

Yeah, I really preferred the sound sticks, but free is free for now. I am a big fan of minimalism, even though I love good sound. I was hoping for a setting similar to these:
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6162/6137877680_fd49424cd6_z.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5173/5456230933_ed1dc20283_z.jpg[IMG]

But instead, could not avoid a little clutter in my own setup(bose companions and all):

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/6732656701_f482ec1c85_z.jpg

Monday as the first day of the week? Is that just the design of the calendar?

Can't really post pictures while on a iPad but my favorites: In order of my most Favorite design:

1: White Wii. Got one at midnight launch and to this day has the best design of anything imo.

2: Black 3DS. Also got one at launch and I am really loving the glossy design, I know the Start/Select/Home buttons and the whole mush two screens mushing together but I still really love the design. Wll be tough for Nintendo to top it with a redisign (Unless its a XL...)

3: White DS Lite. Gt one of these a few days before launch because some place was selling them early. Such a awsome design. Really sad that I sold it even tho I wouldn't use it because of 3DS Playtime Feature. :/

4: White PSP Go. Love the clamshell design.

5: Green Gameboy Pocket. Had one of these as a kid and loved it. I sold it and just recently rebought it just to have it. Such a awsome design.

6: Nook Touch. Just a simple design yet really awsome.

dorn.

Great thread, all the people posting ugly ass luxury cars make me weep though. Decadence and good, tasteful design are always at odds imo.

Also, can somebody explain to me why old(analog) audio equipment always looks so boss? Same goes for analog cameras and lenses.

RustyO

I really love these clocks

Want... but not for a grand.

Lol, my dad built one of these for himself. Cost him about 100$ in parts, and it was his hobby project for a week or two. Looks amazing.

Hmmmm.... do it on the cheap?

What is this? (Edit: Its a Catena Wall Clock (Thanks StuBurns))

globalknifes1.jpg

Global Knives

Love mine! So, so awesome...

My Klok K7 nixie clock:

nixie2.jpg

This is awesome. PM sent.

And some contributions of my own...

Roland Jupiter 8

Pure sex.

roland_jupiter8-1jpg.jpg

Hartmann Neuron

Neuron.jpg