• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite product designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

6ad1-11987_0.jpg

907470Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg

amrihua

Apple Thunderbolt Display. I really would love to have one.

24led_display.jpg

And my G4 Cube ;) also my JBL Creature III, Apple TV and the new iPad.

800px-PowerMac_Cube.jpg

I have this exact setup back home.

TCRS

Banned
Scooters

Cygnus.jpg

Hop on, twist and go. How much simpler does it get? Plus they are automatic (usually), light weight (usually), have a low centre of gravity and have loads of storage space under the seat (usually). Yes, geared bikes are more fun, but the practicality of scooters amazes me everytime.

That's a Yamaha Cygnus 125 in the picture btw. I've got one of those, love'em.

noah111

Still Alive
God I love these. I wanted to buy one so bad but ended up not having the space. Definitely on my list of things to do before I die. :p

I'm a little over all the "sleek/grey/stainless steel" aesthetics at the moment

3e56a0f659607668_wooden-iphone-case.jpg

Love it.
I want to barf.

I really love these clocks

qclocktwo

QLOCKTWO.jpg
Very neat, thanks for the link! Finding some great stuff in this thread. They have a watch version which is yet to be released, but if it's priced below $500 i'd get one. :p

grkazan12

Have owned this pair since 09 and still love them. Simply timeless design and look.

New Wayfarers to be precise, although the original is not bad by any means, I prefer the smaller and less angular look of the New Wayfarers.

ray-ban-new-wayfarer-sunglasses-2132-c-901_5.jpg

noah111

Still Alive
Since we dipped into cars a bit, I'm surprised no one mentioned these gems. I went through an obsessive phase once for the Maybach;

Maybah-Xenatec-Coupe-6.jpg

2010-Maybach-62-S-Sedan-3.jpg

2007-maybach-57-s-6_460x0w.jpg

I even saw one similar to this (wooden sides) in public once, but ended up losing it in traffic;

mercedes-benz-concept-vehicles-x-2.jpg

This was before they showed off the newer version, which is nice, but not as gorgeous or classy as the one above;

exelero-lux580.jpg

2005-Maybach-Exelero.jpg

Maybach_Sport_Interior_2.jpg

I even love the logo.

maybach_badge.jpg

Maybach_Car_Wallpapers_9.jpg

And of course the Bugatti. Apart from going something like 252mph, it has a beautiful design (although my fav. color is the pure white);

bugatti-veyron-grand-sport.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I forgot to mention that I also ADORE the Boxetti transforming furniture designs:

tSdQp.jpg

zP5Vp.jpg

apPEO.jpg

Unicorn Gundam Furniture yea!

Mangotron

2eb9n.jpg

Just a gorgeous car. Any of the new Audi's are really good looking imo. F430 is up there too, even though a lot of people don't like it.

jts

...hate me...
iPhone 4 and uMBP are my absolute favs, but they're pretty much covered.

nintendo-ds-lite-console-black.jpg

This took a lot of cues from Apple, but the execution was perfect. Still the best designed Nintendo handheld, DSi took it down a notch and the 3DS is a freaking nightmare.

noah111

Still Alive
Beautiful.

Now picture it with a big fat guy in there instead.
:lol well not to think of the female form as a product, but there isn't a more beautifully designed creature in the universe;

black_91.jpg

_nueqgl200929102429pupil_art-resize:450.jpg

art+landscape.jpg

The male form is also (just as) alluring, all you need to do is look at the sculptures of history to see that.

When I live alone, I want to have all types of household items complimenting the human form. Until then, it's wallpapers for me.

Holy shit these actually exist. Humanity redeemed
Yeah, I remember seeing these a while back and I was actually looking for something similar online last week, but I didn't remember the name. Thanks Divvy, that stuff is amazing.

Have owned this pair since 09 and still love them. Simply timeless design and look.

New Wayfarers to be precise, although the original is not bad by any means, I prefer the smaller and less angular look of the New Wayfarers.

ray-ban-new-wayfarer-sunglasses-2132-c-901_5.jpg

YES. I have these in matte black, classy & sexy.

/XX/

Flickr: picturesofthingsilike's Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434267@N02/

Among other good things, cool and functional industrial design on miniaturized (for the time) audio equipment. As an example:

Aiwa HS-M2 Stereo Microcassette | Flickr - Photo Sharing! said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434267@N02/4959204277/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434267@N02/4959478896/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434267@N02/4959479280/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42434267@N02/4958885633/in/photostream/

I'll leave aside my passion for the ground leather and canvas combination on accessories and complements, for the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom