• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Act 1 side quest spoilers:
I just got that stupid tattoo from Hung Over and Triss disappeared. Does she have a hiding place besides the tavern? I cant find her anywhere.

How do you trigger this one? I missed it the first time around, don't want to make the same mistake.

2AdEPT

How do you trigger this one? I missed it the first time around, don't want to make the same mistake.

I did get some kind of tatoo
fooling around with ves and roches gang in their hideout.
MAke sure to drink lots, win armwrestling and win knife throwing...if that's the tatoo I think it is ...if not I missed it as well.

@salaadin.......triss hangs out on the way to the kayran site if you are close to checking it out she will be there......but costs too much to buy the ingrdients to remove tatoo Triss thinks its sexy anyway...I just kept it. Certain armours cover it up anyway.

@snuggler - with all your "assorted" animal and other fetishes I figured you'd have been first atop those whore's
backs!!!!
giidy up mabel!!!! Whoa Nelly!

Have you selected a bomb and are you aiming with it?

yes, i've selected a bomb and tried both just throwing it with RB and aiming it by holding RB.

The instructions are pretty straight forward, it just isn't doing anything. It wont even let me select anything other than bombs. It's idiot proof yet it's still not working

sneaky77

yes, i've selected a bomb and tried both just throwing it with RB and aiming it by holding RB.

The instructions are pretty straight forward, it just isn't doing anything. It wont even let me select anything other than bombs. It's idiot proof yet it's still not working

just tapping RB throws the bomb.. to aim hold RB and aim with the right stick

squidyj

So I'm playing some in Act 1 and I don't remember Roche's guys being out there in the forest before, that was cool. Having those special forces guys actually out there doing something instead of sitting on their arses and getting drunk when it gets dark.

Also, a question Ysgith? or Fire?

I swear the next time Geralt does his dumb pirouette slash without invincibility frames and therefore resulting in my death I'm gonna snap.

Zeliard

I swear the next time Geralt does his dumb pirouette slash without invincibility frames and therefore resulting in my death I'm gonna snap.

Move around and don't attack till you've got a clear opening :>

Enemies will tend to leave themselves wide open after swings, and you can time them well enough even in groups.

I can't even get past the tutorial.

How the heck do I throw bombs? I do exactly as it says, but i'm not throwing them.

360 version

I had the same problem, but on PC version. Definitely a bug, but apparently a common one. I didn't bother to retry. Used a gamepad, but I couldn't throw when I switched to keyboard either.

Move around and don't attack till you've got a clear opening :>

Enemies will tend to leave themselves wide open after swings, and you can time them well enough even in groups.

I know what I have to do but it's just tiring since it stretches what otherwise would be pretty quick fights into annoying slogs where I've got to cover for the fact I'm not in complete control of my actions.

While pretty much everything in this game is cool, the combat is so terrible and annoying, ugh. Thank god for easy setting so i can just mash my way through most things.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm playing on easy, but I do have to say that the game's controls and mechanics throw me off just a little bit. Playing on 360... still trying to get used to the controls and the combat. I've played Demon's Souls and tons of Monster Hunter so I know what a tough action/RPG game is like. I'll probably play on Dark difficulty after I beat the game on easy.

squidyj

Dark or bust guys, dark or bust. It's all about timing your slashes and rolls and managing your opponents. Remember Nekkers like to stand around and beat their chests and you take a bunch of extra damage when you're hit from behind so... bob and weave.

I can see the disconnect here. :p
I just want to plough all the women in the game, Not learn dumb combat mechanics. If there was an option that would remove all combat and made boss fights some cool as shit cinematic in which Geralt automatically won i would play it in that mode.

Zeliard

Roll a lot. Always be rolling. Roll roll roll.

And position yourself behind enemies. You do extra damage and negate their defenses.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Somehow enjoying this even more than I did last year, even though I haven't really hit the new content yet. Weird!

Justin

A question for the people who have played through the game before I was wondering if there are any "must get" talents or if anyone has any general advice for how to best spend talent points?

Zeliard

yep, as I predicted some people want to play it like Ninja Gaiden.

NG demands a similar sort of tactical awareness and proper timing of enemy moves. Difference there is blocking is more feasible - especially due to the useful counter abilities - but you still generally want to be dodge-rolling around in much the same fashion to allow enemies to miss you entirely and consequently leave themselves open.

Same thing with Demon's Souls. Blocking there is also more useful but it also saps your stamina, and it's often a good idea to just roll out of the way of hits and go for backstabs.

Is there a mod that makes the quest reward text stay on the screen for longer than a quarter of a millisecond? It really bothers me that it still happens even after all these patches.

Does it happen in the 360 version? The quest reward text appears but is then immediately replaced by the text that tells you that your quest is updated or completed.

A question for the people who have played through the game before I was wondering if there are any "must get" talents or if anyone has any general advice for how to best spend talent points?

-don't waste points on deflecting arrows.
- Is better to aim for the last techniques in at least one of the trees, than to distribute your points equally.
- Don't focus on alchemy the first time.

Zeliard

-don't waste points on deflecting arrows.
- Is better to aim for the last techniques in at least one of the trees, than to distribute your points equally.
- Don't focus on alchemy the first time.

I disagree with that last point. I went Alchemy my first time and Hard was a breeze pretty much the whole way through. I barely even did anything with the Swordsmanship tree except stuff like the massively useful dodge upgrades, as well as the one that lessens backstab damage.

Alchemy tree is fantastic if you're going to bother using oils, potions, etc before combat. It makes you fairly superpowered.

Minamu

So it's out? My game says Enhanced Edition in my library but I see no patch note from 2012. It did just finish downloading something called bonus content but I never pre-loaded it or anything. I barely use Steam at all (heathen).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
probably 30% of the way through. you're almost done with Chapter 1 which is the longest Chapter.

it depends on the time he did it. He might still have a lot of sidequests going. Still there is a lot of stuff to do in Chapter 1 after this (even without sidequests).

2AdEPT

I disagree with that last point. I went Alchemy my first time and Hard was a breeze pretty much the whole way through. I barely even did anything with the Swordsmanship tree except stuff like the massively useful dodge upgrades, as well as the one that lessens backstab damage.

Alchemy tree is fantastic if you're going to bother using oils, potions, etc before combat. It makes you fairly superpowered.

I am the magic tree advocate although I always use potions but I agre with the above that getting the magic maxes makes you feel like a Jedi, mixing the saber fight with a littel force action ....finally achieved helitrope with max adrenaline bar....not reallhy sure how it works really but it enabled me to easily clear the pangratt team with dethmold in the cave before vergen.

From some wiki:

The magic tree's Adrenaline Rush is provided by the Sense of Magic skill, which unleashes a sixth sign called the 'Heliotrope Sign' . This sign is activated by pressing the X key when the Adrenaline bar is full. This sign slows down time in an area of effect, allowing Geralt to move and regenerate vigor faster relative to his enemies' speed.

Alchemy tree

The alchemy tree's Adrenaline Rush is provided by the Mutant skill, which unleashes a special buff called 'Battle Frenzy'. This buff is activated by pressing the X key when the Adrenaline bar is full. This buff augments Geralt, allowing him to resist attacks and pull off heavier hits with his main melee attacks.

Swordsmanship tree

The swordsmanship tree's Adrenaline Rush is provided by the Combat acumen skill, which unleashes a special ability called 'Group Finishers'. This ability is activated by pressing the X key when the Adrenaline bar is full. This ability gives Geralt the ability to kill the nearest three enemies, in a 'group finisher' move, which is only possible if they all have relatively low health.

edit: oops ...guess I should have been using more signs during that fight...relied mostly on sword...got a few aards in at least. all on Dark mode btw.

Jomjom

Banned
Asked this in the Witcher 2 performance thread, but I didn't get an answer yet. Hopefully someone here knows what's up.

Every time I quit the game now after updating to EE, I get a message saying "The Witcher 2 has stopped working". I have to click ok and close this message every time I quit the game to go back to Windows. Anyone know what's wrong? I uninstalled the game and am currently downloading the entire 15gb install from GoG.com again.

2AdEPT

So glad I changed my mind & took Triss on a walk.

what was your mind thinking in the first place???? OF course you want her to come with! Of course tell ves
she is beautiful
also....I don't think these choices need even be spoilered....it should be obvious!!!!! :p

Got a few hours in. First time playing a Witcher game and absolutely loving it! Everything about this game just calls out to me, the gorgeous graphics, the epic music, the combat, the voice acting, a story that actually feels like it's catered to adults, etc. Playing on Dark mode too and so far it's been quite manageable. Now to try to fall asleep being on a Witcher high...

Hammer24

Banned
How do I unlock the other skill trees aside from training?

Spoiler question:
Did I really just talk the guy into surrendering the castle, thus saving his life, so that he can kill himself later after we fled the jail?!

Well, it's happened again. Every game looks like shit compared to the Witcher 2. I was watching some Dragon's Dogma footage (a game I'm really looking forward to) and I just couldn't help but notice how bad it looks in comparison :(

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
How do I unlock the other skill trees aside from training?

Spoiler question:
Did I really just talk the guy into surrendering the castle, thus saving his life, so that he can kill himself later after we fled the jail?!

you level up and they open up gradually.

play the game, dude. And be attentive, in the third act especially

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's going to be interesting to see act 3, TW2 battles Dark Souls for the worst endgame I've encountered this generation. Hope the added content changes act 3 from the brainmeltingly bad cesspool that it was to something worthy of ending a game of tw2's caliber.

Top Bottom