• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch | North American Releases (Digital, Physical)

Persona7

Banned
Gonna be a long wait until Splatoon. Arms looks terrible and I have been done with Mario Kart for two weeks already.

Gator86

Yeah, this list confirms I need to finish Zelda quickly so I can get my Switch to the secondary seller market before shortages dry up. There's nothing on that list I want to play/can't play elsewhere until Mario in Nov/Dec.

Jesus...I don't think I've ever bought (or intended to buy) more games the first year of a console's life than with Switch.

Favorite lineup of stuff in a long while.

Lame. There's 2 games on that list I care about and one I'm buying for PS4 instead. Can't wait for Mario though.

It's all roll eyes from me until they announce Pokemon, a real Pikmin, Animal Crossing, or Luigis Mansion.

Jesus...I don't think I've ever bought (or intended to buy) more games the first year of a console's life than with Switch.

Favorite lineup of stuff in a long while.

I feel the same way. I think since releaae, I've bought one game a week, lol. Thumper this week will continue the trend.

I feel more compelled to purchase games that I wouldn't normally buy. 2 examples are Has Been Heroes and Tumbleseed. Hard ass games but very fun. Would have never touched them otherwise.

I never got into Neo Geo but thanks to the Switch, I'm experiencing the awesomeness that is Blazing Star.

I still plan on picking up Bomberman in the future as well.

Picked up Disgaea 5 a few days ago which means everything I currently have takes a backseat, lol. Hours upon hours of game time.

I'm in love and pretty damn excited for what the future holds.

Thanks for the list!

m00h

Banned
Well, unlikely I will get a Switch before 2018. I love Zelda, but that's the only game I'm interested in. The next month's are dry as hell from my perspective. I need at least a Mario and Skyrim alongside with Zelda to justify a purchase.

KingErich

Banned
Oh... Damn! What's Wal-Marts return policy on consoles and games? I didn't realize there was such a drought in games. Nothing interesting to me at all even through next year. I guess if I keep it, I'd be gambling on some big announcements at E3. I wonder what the chances of anything interesting being announced coming out before the end of the year?

Inject that portable Skyrim straight into my veins.

Edit: I've seriously been waiting for a portable Elder Scrolls game since Oblivion was announced for the PSP roughly 10 years ago.

MartyStu

Oh... Damn! What's Wal-Marts return policy on consoles and games? I didn't realize there was such a drought in games. Nothing interesting to me at all even through next year. I guess if I keep it, I'd be gambling on some big announcements at E3. I wonder what the chances of anything interesting being announced coming out before the end of the year?

15 Games for the hardware. No return on the software if it is opened.

The people who bought a Switch seemingly only for Zelda make no sense to me. Why didn't you just wait until there was more than one game you're interested in?

Magnus

Lookin pretty dry for me till Mario Odyssey as well. Hoping E3 knocks people on their asses with some big name surprises.

Magnus

The people who bought a Switch seemingly only for Zelda make no sense to me. Why didn't you just wait until there was more than one game you're interested in?

Hype for a major, quality title is a real thing. Day 1 is powerful (though admittedly a luxury). I love experiencing shit when it's new. It loses its lustre differently for each person with the passage of time (and not at all others).

What's up with the negativity? Maybe this doesn't seem exciting for people who played a lot of WiiU, but this library is shaping up nicely.

I've repeatedly stated that I won't be interested until late 2017, and I'll continue to wait. I won't troll just because Switch is experiencing some droughts in its first year. That's typical for consoles, but I actually predict the software on Switch to ramp up.

Gator86

30 day return window/secondary seller options galore because Nintendo is always overly conservative with production/really wanted to play Zelda.

For me, there was no reason not to pull the trigger then see if Nintendo could convince me to hold onto it.

chronomac

The list should now include all NeoGAF OTs. Going to add review threads next. Anything else important I'm missing, besides some graphics (and if you're any good at Photoshop you can send something my way)?

Vena

What's up with the negativity? Maybe this doesn't seem exciting for people who played a lot of WiiU, but this library is shaping up nicely.

I've repeatedly stated that I won't be interested until late 2017, and I'll continue to wait. I won't troll just because Switch is experiencing some droughts in its first year. That's typical for consoles, but I actually predict the software on Switch to ramp up.

People need somewhere to vent their buyer's remorse/need for reaffirmation of their preconceived notions. One of said posters has been trying real hard in multiple threads at that.

This is pretty normal.

I dont think any console had such an good first party line up in its first year in a long time or ever: Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Xenoblade, 3D Mario, with Arms a gorgeous looking new IP,

On top of that third party games like Fast RMX Disgaea, Warriors, Skyrim,

Sure no big blockbuster 3p games announced yet, but nonetheless​ an impressive line up.

Oreoleo

Ah cool , does it have RPG elements like XP and weapon upgrades?

No and no. It's an exceedingly simple game. The price is right but I'm not sure it's actually worth the time to play it. I'd have preferred they tacked on a couple other elements (score system, weapon upgrades) and charged a couple extra bucks for it. As it is you'll be done with it in a day or two at best.

Top Bottom