• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch | North American Releases (Digital, Physical)

I'm still waiting for Metal Slug 2 to be out...ugh....yeah not X, 2. Personal preference.

Great thread, nice to see an OT like this.

NimbusD

Question

Is there a chance we have other first party games not on list that are coming before end of year, that will be announced at E3?

Yeah of course there's a chance.

I imagine we'll get either a port or some lower scale game to help fill out the holiday season, if not something larger.

Nesther

I can't wait for ARMS and Splatoon 2. I'm confident E3 will fill out the drought spots leading up to SMO and XC2, it's really only been two months since release.

Zee-Row

Banned
No and no. It's an exceedingly simple game. The price is right but I'm not sure it's actually worth the time to play it. I'd have preferred they tacked on a couple other elements (score system, weapon upgrades) and charged a couple extra bucks for it. As it is you'll be done with it in a day or two at best.

Ah I see

Vena

Yep, pretty much. Even the online is kinda worthless without an invite or messaging system.

Ya, that makes sense. Here at uni its basically never put away between a large group of people. But if you have no one to play with and just online, its a bit of an empty package if you've already played it heavily in the past or just aren't a big MK fan.

I have yet bought Has-Been Heroes, and Thumper is coming out tomorrow...

Too much games.

I have all the NA physical releases except for Skylanders, including Has-Been Heroes and Japanese Setsuna. I am already swamped by the number of games and that doesn't even touch the digital releases.

Nothing for me until Mario. Hope Nintendo announce a bunch of things for this year at E3.

Edit: Actually, I'll get Sonic Mania on Switch.

Ya, that makes sense. Here at uni its basically never put away between a large group of people. But if you have no one to play with and just online, its a bit of an empty package if you've already played it heavily in the past or just aren't a big MK fan.

I have the feeling there is a massive audience of single-player only gamers here on GAF, going by the disinterest in local co-op on switch and unawareness of online co-op games made by Ubisoft.

The major GAF demographic appears to be single player games and online-competitive games. Single people playing by themselves or online against other single people.

Count me in the group who is a husband and parent and loves couch co-op games I can play with my wife and son. Switch is definitely the platform for me.

ghibli99

I keep slowly building up my Switch library... and yet all I do is play PPT. What a game!

Excited to finally try Thumper too. :)

Is this anyone else's only system? I'm lovin it.

Subscribed.

Since the Switch launched I have only been buying Switch and 3DS games. My wife bought and still hasn't played Andromeda.

I have almost all the physical releases and only 1 digital release (Jackbox to play in groups). I am overwhelmed by the amount of games already as I want all the NEOGEO releases and the indie games on the system look awesome.

I tried the demo for Blaster Master Zero and was very pleased with it. I am very interested in Thumper this week and am waiting for Minecraft to be released physically.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for my Switch to arrive from Amazon UK, hopefully in early June. Of the games that have been released, I'll be getting Zelda, Mario Kart, Fast RMX (it looks cool, though I don't know if it's worth it now that MK8 is out), Voez (haven't played the mobile version, but I liked Cytus from the same dev) and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

How's Snipperclips in single player? And is Blaster Master Zero enjoyable if I never played the original version?

Lingitiz

Is this anyone else's only system? I'm lovin it.

Subscribed.

Life circumstances mean my Switch is my primary. I've pretty much put down Persona 5 since I haven't had time to sit down at my PS4, and if I do I prefer to play my PC and have my Switch up on my stand on the side.

How's Snipperclips in single player? And is Blaster Master Zero enjoyable if I never played the original version?

Blaster Master Zero definitely has the nostalgia factor. If you like the era of video games that the original harkens from, you will definitely enjoy this one. If you are more accustomed to modern indie games, you might not.

Though, there are people who love xeodrifter and I hated that game, but thought this was very enjoyable.

Life circumstances mean my Switch is my primary. I've pretty much put down Persona 5 since I haven't had time to sit down at my PS4, and if I do I prefer to play my PC and have my Switch up on my stand on the side.

That's my fear with Persona 5. If I break down and get it, would I even have the focus to enjoy it. Pick-up-and-play games that thrive on Switch definitely fit my lifestyle much more.

Vinnk

Perception is an odd thing.

I already have 6 physical and 2 digital games for the switch and it's more than I have time for.

I saw this list and went "Yikes, better start saving money, I didn't realize there were so many announced games"

Then I read the comments and it seems many people perceive this as "no games". For those that is it not enough, I kind of envy you. I can't get more than an hour or 2 of gaming in a day (sometimes a week) so I already have a "pile of shame" growing. And for those who see nothing of interest for you on the list, I guess I must have different tastes than most, there is a lot of appealing stuff for me.

But yeah, if you don't like this list, sell that switch while you can still get pretty much your entire value back. There are a lot of people looking for them who, like me, are interested in a lot of the software. Get those back in the market.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

Those are all for upcoming game releases.

A decent chunk of the opening post here are games that are already released.

Perception is an odd thing.

I already have 6 physical and 2 digital games for the switch and it's more than I have time for.

I saw this list and went "Yikes, better start saving money, I didn't realize there were so many announced games"

Then I read the comments and it seems many people perceive this as "no games". For those that is it not enough, I kind of envy you. I can't get more than an hour or 2 of gaming in a day (sometimes a week) so I already have a "pile of shame" growing. And for those who see nothing of interest for you on the list, I guess I must have different tastes than most, there is a lot of appealing stuff for me.

But yeah, if you don't like this list, sell that switch while you can still get pretty much your entire value back. There are a lot of people looking for them who, like me, are interested in a lot of the software. Get those back in the market.

I think it's a matter of what else is available to the player.

If the Switch was the only thing I had to play videogames on I would definitely have more than enough on the Switch to sustain me.

But as someone with a bunch of Wii U and 3DS games left to play, the software on the Switch isn't super compelling. The only real must-have thusfar is Zelda. Games like Graceful Explosion Machine and Snake Pass are great in a vacuum, but when I already have (arguably more interesting) games to play, they suddenly don't seem as appealing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Blaster Master Zero definitely has the nostalgia factor. If you like the era of video games that the original harkens from, you will definitely enjoy this one. If you are more accustomed to modern indie games, you might not.

Though, there are people who love xeodrifter and I hated that game, but thought this was very enjoyable.
Not really a fan of those types of NES games, so I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the answer!

Maybe I'll pick up Cave Story instead, despite already owning it on Wii and Steam (played it on Wii, it's great).

Lingitiz

That's my fear with Persona 5. If I break down and get it, would I even have the focus to enjoy it. Pick-up-and-play games that thrive on Switch definitely fit my lifestyle much more.

I've gotten a good ways into Persona 5, but the pace of it definitely wore me down. If it was portable I probably would have finished it already, but it's just hard to gear up for a session of P5 in front of the TV right now.

Those are all for upcoming game releases.

A decent chunk of the opening post here are games that are already released.

Aside from the PS4 thread, the other two were active long after the listed games were released, so they served the same purpose.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand the distinction you're trying to make. It's hard to see why this thread is strange because it wasn't made two months ago.

You forgot Harvest Moon: Light of Hope.

Or I might be really blind and just don't see it!

I really really love my Switch. I still haven't played it with anyone else but it's been such a great system.

I have all the NA physical releases except for Skylanders, including Has-Been Heroes and Japanese Setsuna. I am already swamped by the number of games and that doesn't even touch the digital releases.

For physical, I have BoI, Zelda, MK8D and 1 2 Switch. I want to add Has-Been Heroes into the library, but given that I only have 1 hour to play games on weekday, I was already overwhelmed by games.

And eShop has tons of games that interest me...

Lingitiz

Aside from the PS4 thread, the other two were active long after the listed games were released, so they served the same purpose.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand the distinction you're trying to make. It's hard to see why this thread is strange because it wasn't made two months ago.

Based on his repeated post history, he's looking for an excuse to point at everyone trying to play up the Switch's library so he can call out how thin it is and how it has no games and collects dust for him. Nothing new and pretty easy to see right through.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Based on his repeated post history, he's looking for an excuse to point at everyone trying to play up the Switch's library so he can call out how thin it is and how it has no games and collects dust for him. Nothing new and pretty easy to see right through.

The Switch library is far from thin, especially considering it's only been on the market for a little over two months and is following up a console that crashed and burned practically from day one.

Just because there's not a whole lot I'm interested in doesn't mean that the same applies for everyone.

kunonabi

That list looks even worse than I thought it was. Outside of ARMS and Splatoon 2 it's a wasteland. At least the end of the year looks solid and the 3DS is having a stronger year than expected.

Shizuka

Great thread, just need to make the suggestion of using another highlight for physical releases. Maybe bold or underline, but italics doesn't really work to stand out.

Any chance any rewards get added/changed this month? I've got 600 Platinum coins expiring on the 31st and I want none of this shit, lmao.

EDIT: Shit, wrong thread. Sorry.

UberTag

I like the idea of this thread but is there any chance we can get file sizes added to the OP? Would make for a handy resource having those consolidated in one place.

chronomac

Great thread, just need to make the suggestion of using another highlight for physical releases. Maybe bold or underline, but italics doesn't really work to stand out.

I like the idea of this thread but is there any chance we can get file sizes added to the OP? Would make for a handy resource having those consolidated in one place.

Both are really good ideas. I'll try and implement them shortly.

Anyone know if there's a way to change the font color? Guessing not but wanted to ask anyway.

Top Bottom