• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Series |OT| of endless grinding fun

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
4 / 8 / 18? I'm here.

Edit- Tons of fun! Gained two HRs. Thanks Yoda and other person.

Doombear

Just curious to know if anyone is offering pre-order bonuses in the US for either the 3DS or Wii U versions of Ultimate?

Absolutely nothing yet that I have seen. =( It would be nice, but I am not expecting it to happen. Capcom has the shell cases for pre-sale, not sure what the Ultimate pre-order bonus would be at this point.

Ah ok thanks.

And it doesn't look like you can use that shell case with the Circle Pad Pro... Speaking of which I need to pick one of those up too!

fates

Absolutely nothing yet that I have seen. =( It would be nice, but I am not expecting it to happen. Capcom has the shell cases for pre-sale, not sure what the Ultimate pre-order bonus would be at this point.

If you get the WiiU version from Capcom's store you get a gamepad with it. So I guess that's something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone up for marathoning Rathian with me tomorrow night so I can get a plate and finish my armor? :)

8-12pm EST, 4 / 8 / 18.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Playing! I'm offline so be sure to post if you're getting online.

4 / 8 / 18, remember.

10:22pm update: still playing!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
:(

Hopefully I have my work cut out in single player, Barioth and Rathalos kicked my ass last night. >_<

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pretty nice Etsy decal for 3DS. I may have to pick one up..

ibmI3PtgTwaEP7.jpg

I suppose most you guys are playing the Ultimate demo right now (and will be playing Ultimate next month).

But for those of you who haven't experienced all that Tri has to offer, remember that servers close on April 30th. And since event quests rotate in and out, we're nearing the point where certain event quests may be gone for good.

There's a calendar for all the event quests here. Of note is that the final Giant Jho event will be going on March 30th to April 2nd. Event Ala's last appearance will be April 3rd to April 6th. The HR requirement for both is HR 51+ so if you're still in low rank (coughAndrexcough) and want to play these quests, time to get grinding lol.

upandaway

I suppose most you guys are playing the Ultimate demo right now (and will be playing Ultimate next month).

But for those of you who haven't experienced all that Tri has to offer, remember that servers close on April 30th. And since event quests rotate in and out, we're nearing the point where certain event quests may be gone for good.

There's a calendar for all the event quests here. Of note is that the final Giant Jho event will be going on March 30th to April 2nd. Event Ala's last appearance will be April 3rd to April 6th. The HR requirement for both is HR 51+ so if you're still in low rank (coughAndrexcough) and want to play these quests, time to get grinding lol.
Argh dammit. I really wanna get a few last sessions in.. I haven't even beaten Giant Jho yet.

I need MH3U so hard. I didn't want to get a Wii U until 2014 but I might break at this rate.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Haha, I'm planning on switching to Ultimate full time when it comes out, so I'll probably miss those lol.

DaBoss

Me and Insaniac are on right now in Valor 4 / Gate 8 / City 18.

EDIT: Holy shit, that banjo thing reminds me of Rayman Origins.

Doorman

Woo, a community thread. Definitely getting in on this in preparation for Ultimate!

Regarding Monster Hunter 4, I'm sure we would have gotten word about it by now if it were the case, given how close this is to the Japanese release date, but does anybody else kind of wish/hope that we'd get at least one more new weapon class to toy around with? The Charge Axe and the Insect Staff (has there been any sort of community-decided moniker for that thing yet? I can't imagine that "Insect Control Rod" will become its localized name) look interesting, but for whatever reason it doesn't feel like enough and I don't personally look at either of those and see a weapon that I'd imagine myself using often. Perhaps the charge axe, but we've still seen so little of how it actually controls.

I can't imagine I'm the first or only one to spend time brainstorming up other weapon types and play mechanics that could be implemented in the future and feel fitting enough within the Mohun universe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, I'll be getting on in around half an hour and seeing if there's an open spot then. Until then have fun guys. :)

Sorry, missed your post. Was playing single player to get a hammer so I had something to fall back on if I suck with the SnS I've been messing with. If you or anyone else starts a game just post it and I'll join.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well that was awful. Might be my roommate messing up the connection. :( I'll try and get on again.

DaBoss

Had a great time, hope we can do this more often. Never thought I would be clamoring to get a weapon with green sharpness lol. It was a pain usinga GS with yellow sharpness lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lame, my HR didn't go up... just two away from 3 star quests and then I can hopefully complete my Ian armor. :(

Gonna try and be on tomorrow night too, and probably the rest of the week. It's cram time before Ultimate! Lol.

Prade

Subbing this thread. Been on a Tri splurge these last 2 weeks. I'm down to play in the morning and night after work. Revel be my tri name.

Top Bottom