• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Series |OT| of endless grinding fun

Emitan

One of my Japanese speaking friends said the chat was constantly saying "This isn't MonHan" every time a new game was shown

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
One of my Japanese speaking friends said the chat was constantly saying "This isn't MonHan" every time a new game was shown

I was saying the same thing during Nintendo's presentation last Thursday, LOL. (I'm being serious, I was.)

Difference is it paid off for that. :p

Khezu

Why did the remove the ability to inspect players in a town? It was in MH1.
Or Is it still in and I'm just completely stupid and can't figure out how to do it?

Why did the remove the ability to inspect players in a town? It was in MH1.
Or Is it still in and I'm just completely stupid and can't figure out how to do it?
Talking about Tri? Move the analog stick up/down to highlight the other players before entering the city. Annoying when the player is set to "invisible" though. Especially if somebody else takes your spot before you can get out of the "player is not online" message.

Khezu

Talking about Tri? Move the analog stick up/down to highlight the other players before entering the city. Annoying when the player is set to "invisible" though. Especially if somebody else takes your spot before you can get out of the "player is not online" message.

Ya that is helpful, but I mean when I'm already in a village and someone enters. In MH1 there was just a list in a menu and you could just see what everyone was equipped with, and the profile. In tri the only way to do that in a village is to friend invite someone first, and I don't really want to do that.

Well, you can walk up to them but yeah, no handy way to do it when you're already in the city and they're not next to you. You can player search by name but that's a hassle.

Monster Hunter is on my list of things I want to sit down with at some point and try my best to...understand? I've given it a couple shots at various points in my life and it hasn't clicked for various reasons. Is there some excellent newbie guide somewhere? The game hasn't clicked for me when trying it on my own, so I'm looking to Demon's Souls this up and be loaded up with a bunch of tips when trying it.

I have a PSP. I want to like Monster Hunter. What do I do.

Emitan

Monster Hunter is on my list of things I want to sit down with at some point and try my best to...understand? I've given it a couple shots at various points in my life and it hasn't clicked for various reasons. Is there some excellent newbie guide somewhere? The game hasn't clicked for me when trying it on my own, so I'm looking to Demon's Souls this up and be loaded up with a bunch of tips when trying it.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

If you happen to get a Wii U soon Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate will be coming out in March and will have online. I think I learned more about Monster Hunter by hunting with others than from any tutorial.

upandaway

If I get this right, you're just overwhelmed with the inaccessibility and still think that you'll like it if you were introduced properly to the series, with thorough explanations?

I know you said PSP, but try to watch some of SocialDissonance's LP and/or explanation videos of MHTri. Most of the stuff he talks about is universal, and whatever isn't, he usually mentions what exactly is different from the PSP versions and how it was previously. It's the most noob-friendly MH media I know.

If I get this right, you're just overwhelmed with the inaccessibility and still think that you'll like it if you were introduced properly to the series, with thorough explanations?

Pretty much. So far the series hasn't clicked, which is different from "This sucks"

I know you said PSP, but try to watch some of SocialDissonance's LP and/or explanation videos of MHTri. Most of the stuff he talks about is universal, and whatever isn't, he usually mentions what exactly is different from the PSP versions and how it was previously. It's the most noob-friendly MH media I know.

Will do!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone up for some hunting Tuesday night? I think I have some three star quests I need to finish up if anyone feels like helping out before Capcom pulls the plug in April / everyone (including me) moves onto Ultimate. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Say 9pm EST? I'm flexible on that.

Valor 4 / City 8 / Gate 18

I think that used to be our hangout.

Kuntz

I really need to bookmark a timezone converter...

I still haven't seen alatreon i'd love to jump again with my gunner for more multiplayer goodness.

I'll be there day one for ultimate anyway (if II can afford a wii U :s).

edit : whoops forgot us and eu are separated, is sad

Cant we shoot for 10? (40 mins from now) Just got home from work.

HR... 11. I kept wanting to play with Emi from like March-onwards last year but it never happened. :(
No problem. Your ingame name is Andrex, right?

Would you prefer I use my LR character (only HR 6) or my HR character?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Whichever you think would be more fun, I just started playing again so I'm a bit rusty.

I'll be getting on in a couple minutes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now it's me and Chopper Dave. :)

We'll be on for a bit more if anyone else wants to show up.

NA / Valor 4 / City 8 / Gate 18

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tonight was awesome.

Killed Baggi with Yoda, then capped and killed Gobul with Chopper Dave, then we got some Bloodstones. Two random people showed up each at different times and helped out.

Very fulfilling night, but I definitely need to get my HR up.

I'm going to try to play almost every night until Ultimate releases. If you're up for some online play from 8-11pm EST I should be available most nights. Just send me a PM.

Sorry again for blowing you up in our Gobul quest last night, Andrex. :x

My LR character is almost to 2 star quests so unless you're reached 3 stars already, I can use my LR character without slowing you down now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've cleared all the 2 stars but my HR isn't high enough for 3 stars yet. Would be happy to grind some monsters out with you. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Getting on now.

Valor 4 / Gate 8 / City 18

Edit- On for only one more.

Edit 2- Emi, I am disappoint.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Who were you?

I got disconnected for some reason in the quest after Yoda left...

Kuntz

How did I stop playing this game ?

Started again seeing you guys having fun (EU unfortunately but I've found a gaffer to play with later), my rank 39 gunner is full of dust but the magic is not lost, I'm in love all over again, march can't come soon enough, I'll have to buy a Wii U AND a 3DS for 3G ...

Played 1h with random people (beginners), was a good occasion for the skills to come back slowly. And money too, gunners are always poor due to heavy ammo consuming.

I'll be back online in 30 min (again, EU, Tri) with a keyboard.

"Does someone come ?"

ID : YJJD14

Emitan

How did I stop playing this game ?

Started again seeing you guys having fun (EU unfortunately but I've found a gaffer to play with later), my rank 39 gunner is full of dust but the magic is not lost, I'm in love all over again, march can't come soon enough, I'll have to buy a Wii U AND a 3DS for 3G ...

Played 1h with random people (beginners), was a good occasion for the skills to come back slowly. And money too, gunners are always poor due to heavy ammo consuming.

I'll be back online in 30 min (again, EU, Tri) with a keyboard.

"Does someone come ?"

This is why I plan on being a bow user. Bottles are free from quests and mushrooms aren't that hard to get I think.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
IMG_20130131_173245.jpg

IMG_20130131_173256.jpg

IMG_20130131_173307_1.jpg

My Brachy is ready.

Top Bottom