• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mevius Final Fantasy (iOS/And) announced: Kitase/Nojima/Itahana, console level [INFO]

If they are doing such a effort for mobile, I am sure we are going to get them later on consoles/handhelds as downloadable games. This is Square Enix after all.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I've seen them too, even if they look like CGI arts to me. If not, looks good but i'm not digging the visual style for now. Artlogo seems by Amano, and that's always good :p

nictron

Did someone say Sakaguchi?

tumblr_lgkpaeuTGW1qfexaro1_500.gif

Perfo

I see they're going totally bondage with this armor, lol. Yoshida made followers!

Harmen

It does not sound that bad to be honest. The Ipad is a suitable platform for a full JRPG, it just does not have any good original ones that I know of yet.

Perfo

It does not sound that bad to be honest. The Ipad is a suitable platform for a full JRPG, it just does not have any good original ones that I know of yet.

This is a genre stuck in 90s and doesn't help if they keep limiting it by hardware. Hopefully Ff15 changes the trend and jRPGs go back to be a bit more ambitious than now, with hardware that can actually supports that of course.

Negator

A game I would be interested in on a platform I don't want it on. I guess that's how gaming is going to be nowadays.

Smo21

Do people buy 30 games on mobile? Because that's what square will probably charge if it isn't free to pay.

Seems like something that will come to other platforms later.

duckroll

Don't do the "PM for pics" shit. Just don't.

Graphics and image boards look really good. The battles kinda remind me of the way Infinity Blade looks. Definitely an expensive effort for a mobile title. This doesn't look anything like the previous retro-style games. It's full 3D and high quality.

Don't do the "PM for pics" shit. Just don't.

Graphics and image boards look really good. The battles kinda remind me of the way Infinity Blade looks. Definitely an expensive effort for a mobile title. This doesn't look anything like the previous retro-style games. It's full 3D and high quality.

Sorry. My bad.

The thirst was real ;(

I'm one of those old hoots that doesn't have a smartphone, lol.
Hope it comes to consoles eventually, because it does sound interesting.

Goli

Something about the background concept art in the game, and the character design for who I assume is the Warrior of Light reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy XIII, or maybe I have the game fresh from having recently played it on PC? Not that I think that's bad. Graphically the game also looks close to FFXIIII it seems. Still, I hope this isn't FF Infinity Blade since SE already tried that with Bloodmasque more or less, yet the automated movement makes me suspicious. Still, I'm optimistic, more FF on iOS is always a good thing to me, I just hope this isn't F2P.

duckroll

Something about the background concept art in the game, and the character design for who I assume is the Warrior of Light reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy XIII, or maybe I have the game fresh from having recently played it on PC? Not that I think that's bad. Graphically the game also looks close to FFXIIII it seems. Still, I hope this isn't FF Infinity Blade since SE already tried that with Bloodmasque more or less, yet the automated movement makes me suspicious. Still, I'm optimistic, more FF on iOS is always a good thing to me, I just hope this isn't F2P.

Yeah the art boards remind me a lot of FFXIII too. It's definitely not just you. The character design doesn't really look like FFXIII though, I think it's just how the CG looks, which has a very standard Visual Works style on the characters, regardless of the character designer.

jimmypython

...errrr they've announced 3 major FF titles for IOS this year:

final fantasy legends crystal of time
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
and this one...

yet I'm still hoping the first FF legends (Dimensions) to come to home consoles...lol

and this one...

yet I'm still hoping the first FF legends (Dimensions) to come to home consoles...lol

I like how SQEX is not able to think outside extremes. First, exploitation of the IP on PS2; then on DS / PSP; now on mobile.

wrowa

and this one...

With retro-style he's referring to the graphical style of those games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

and this one...

Additionally this year they've released Final Fantasy VII: G-BIKE, Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (mobage, quite successful financially), and there's some kind of Final Fantasy from GREE I forget (though that's not out quite yet IIRC).

Pyrrhus

Not feeling this. Don't like the platform, don't like the character design shown. Put on a shirt, guy. But I'll keep paying attention to see if there's more to it.

So, Kitase is the Producer. Nojima, the writer. People from numbered games are working on it.

But who's the director? Don't tell me it's... him.

Vorg

Banned
Return to the roots? Again? And the theme is Warriors of Light?

Don't we have this already?
Final_Fantasy_Gaiden.jpg

Ugh I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I love how it looks and some general game ideas like the crowns, but why oh why did it have to have such a shit combat system. Whose genious idea was it that the player would just pick commands and the game would decide the targets?

I hope you can at least have full control during the battles in this one.

Goli

I wonder why they didn't show this on the FF for Smartphones 2015 showcase thing, is the game not planned for 2015? Or maybe it's such a big game they decided it needed its own thing on Jump Festa or something... This is the seemingly first big FF game for smart devices that's not a port or remake after all.

So, Kitase is the Producer. Nojima, the writer. People from numbered games are working on it.

But who's the director? Don't tell me it's... him.

As long as they keep him off FFXVI and he doesn't have a big say in the story, so be it. With Nojima writing the story, I see no problem having him direct.

B-Dex

If it's "console quality" why not make it a mainline numbered entry? Shows lack of faith in the product being a "side" product.

terrisus

Return to the roots? Again? And the theme is Warriors of Light?

Don't we have this already?
Final_Fantasy_Gaiden.jpg

Plus, um, THIS?
PS_3DS_BravelyDefault_enGB.png

Oh well, if people actually want it, well, ok go ahead.

Anything that gets us more games like Final Fantasy 1-6, and less like Final Fantasy 7+, is good by me.

Top Bottom