• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happens, it's been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
I've been with the site a long time and I'm hoping it manages to stay and recover... somehow, but if it doesn't, i'm just glad I got to enjoy it in it's prime.

Thanks.

Kayhan

I've been with the site a long time and I'm hoping it manages to stay and recover... somehow, but if it doesn't, i'm just glad I got to enjoy it in it's prime.

Thanks.

When was the prime?

I would say 2009-2014.

Classic posters and balanced moderation.

Game-Biz

Hopefully it can stay alive. Obviously it can't with Evilore aboard. Let's hope he sells it to someone competent enough to run it. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Dyle

Lurked since E3 2008, joined as a member a few years ago. I wouldn't have stuck around if there weren't so many good, interesting people here. Life without Gaf will be genuinely different for me, hopefully something will be able to fill the void

Zomba13

HTTP2k0NC50aW55cGljLmNvbS85cjYzYTAuZ2lm.gif

rjinaz

Part of me is relieved, I spend way too much time here.

Seriously though, I will always be fond of my time here. I honestly feel I have become a better person thanks to gaf, mostly due to the diversity of people that I would never have discussions with otherwise.

What a damn shame.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I have been here for 6 years now (1 year of lurking). This whole situation is so surreal. And if it goes down, well... until we meet again somewhere on the Internet.
AnotherOblongGrunion-size_restricted.gif

BraXzy

If GAF truly does go down I will miss the crazy E3 reaction threads and well made OT's.

Here's to having a crazy buttock on all our trains.

5 years well spent. No where to go if this place is gone. My wife and kids won't know what to do with me with so much free time.

Holy shit though... seriously, as draconian as some mods were pegged to be, at least we could have some decent conversations that didn't turn into more gamer gate circle jerk. It's going to be gross going forward.

I agree. I'm going to miss the hell out of many of the great people here. I'm still trying to come to terms with what is happening right now. I've been a part of this community for pretty much my entire adult life... I feel strangely... lost right now.

M.Bluth

When was the prime?

I would say 2009-2014.

Classic posters and balanced moderation.

Probably.
Certainly wasn't in 2006 when the Lebanon war thread turned into a Hot Israeli/Arab Women thread, though I guess it's at least isn't what's happening now...Sigh

krae_man

Whatever happens, I hope we all end up in the same place.

I'd rather not see a bunch of splinter communities slowly wither and die.

I'll really miss this place if anything happens to it. Hopefully they can work out something like transferring ownership, or some other method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom