• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

when you use the code on the slip. was it suppose to say online pass? it suppose to be the preorder bonus no? i redeemed and it said online pass.

Nice! Just read about this while out and picked it up on the way home. Gonna check it out. 3rd times a charm? Can't wait to find out. Yay! I own a Vita game finally!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*sigh*

I'm going to Gamestop when I get off work. If they don't have it, then I'll just wait for my Amazon pre-order. If they do, I'm getting that bitch. It's LBP Vita. I need it tonight.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Just checked with my local Gamestop they had no idea and I made them call their district manager and they said YEP Sell it... On my way to get it. Didnt have it preordered but the guy was happy so he could get his tonight so he held one for me :)

South East PA..

dammit i live in a country where those kind of retailers ( that sell early ) don't exist ( because they never receive their games in advance )

I'm a little annoyed you can only navigate the planet level select screens with touch. Why must they always force it upon us?!?

Other than that it's awesome! The controls definitely feel tightened up another notch compared to LBP2. The graphics are great, and the game runs super smooth so far.

I'm a little annoyed you can only navigate the planet level select screens with touch. Why must they always force it upon us?!?

Other than that it's awesome! The controls definitely feel tightened up another notch compared to LBP2. The graphics are great, and the game runs super smoothly so far.

i know. i thought my x button was broke lol.

Takao

Banned

Other than that it's awesome! The controls definitely feel tightened up another notch compared to LBP2. The graphics are great, and the game runs super smoothly so far.

Do you have button navigation enabled in the Vita OS? IIRC wasn't that supposed to allow button use in the menus of games too?

I know this isn't a review, I just wanted to say the game is amazing.

The touch screen actually makes sense and is more intuitive than I could have imagined.

Also the controls feel LESS FLOATY! While not perfect, it's a huge improvement on one of my biggest gripes with the franchise!

As a launch title this would have sold systems... I hope the system is still in a good enough place to give the game the numbers it deserves.

:-( Granted I'm only a couple hours in.

TripOpt55

Is this just for people who pre-ordered? You think I could walk in and get a copy without a pre-order. I want to play this game! (Edit: It seems maybe based on some of the posts in here... I will try tomorrow).

Is this just for people who pre-ordered? You think I could walk in and get a copy without a pre-order. I want to play this game!

I forgot to pre-order but they let me "pre-order" it anyway and gave it to me at Gamestop.

Actually I'm really not sure if that's how they did it. They just said they could make it work and I paid for it. lol

TripOpt55

I forgot to pre-order but they let me "pre-order" it anyway and gave it to me at Gamestop.

Actually I'm really not sure if that's how they did it. They just said they could make it work and I paid for it. lol

I am going to try at least. Wish I would have pre-ordered now. I meant to... haha.

Just tried Future Shop in Ottawa. They have them in, but they wouldn't sell them, even after I showed them this thread. They're saying it's an eb games/gamestop thing only.

Just checked my amazon preorder, and it still shows 9/25, so I'm definitely jealous of all you folks picking up today.

Thought about cancelling the order and picking up from GS myself, but I'll wait. Means BL2 will actually see some playtime before this ships to me lol

Other than that it's awesome! The controls definitely feel tightened up another notch compared to LBP2. The graphics are great, and the game runs super smooth so far.

This.

Game is amazing. I was just going to play for a couple of minutes, but ended up for about two hours!

Annnddd this. I have a party to go to now though.

Synless

Got it as well!

Game is really damn impressive looking on the Vita. While it's not native res they are using some nice AA so it's actually pretty smooth and clean. The framerate is totally consistent thus far and the visuals are right on par with the PS3 version.

Very VERY impressive.

This is the first Vita game in which I feel the addition of touch actually improves the experience. It feels as if it should have been there from the beginning and adds an extra layer to the game.
Another non-native res game.... How disappointing.

VanWinkle

Another non-native res game.... How disappointing.

I don't think it's an issue, though. The game looks great. And I'm a staunch supporter of native res. Some parts are a little disappointing in terms of sharpness, but overall, it looks really good.

Non native res is ridiculous.

Just picked it up. I have no hopes for this so im hoping to be floored as i was with lbp1

Having played a lot of Little Big Planet 2 with the family.. I wasn't floored...I was pleasantly surprised by how addictive it was considering how much time I have had to handhold the kids through levels.

Granted they love the game, and it's a great way to bound. I appreciate the series.

Takao

Banned
9FzIB.png

2VgkY.png

• A brand new single player campaign that'll see you and your Sackboy travel through the mysterious world of the Carnivalia in over 40 levels.
  • Tweaked physics engine so that Sackboy doesn't jump like he's on the moon, though it still has the signature LBP flair.
  • Includes all the features from both LittleBigPlanet, and LittleBigPlanet 2.
  • Play with up to 4 friends via WiFi for co-operative fun.
  • Import costumes purchased from LittleBigPlanet, and LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3 to Vita for free. Note: PS3 levels cannot be transfered to Vita, and vice versa.
  • Use the Vita's various inputs to play, and create like never before!
  • Import objects into your stage by using the Vita's cameras.
  • 3G connectivity allows you to browse, download and publish your own games wherever you are.
  • Memorizer is a new gadget that allows you to have save states in user made levels.
  • Create Mode features a whole load of new materials, tools, gameplay kits and more.
  • Share your creations to the world, and find the best the community has to offer with LBP.me.

For a more in depth look at the feature set of LittleBigPlanet PSVita, check out the LBP Wiki entry.

Metacritic
- 88/100 after 25 reviews

CVG - 9.2/10

Simply, the best LBP on any format. Combines smart design with Vita’s controls, and adds incredible online functionality to make it the first essential Vita game.

Edge - 9/10

Semi-regular iterations were never going to make a game as singular as LittleBigPlanet feel like part of the cyclical release grind, then, but there’s still something rather surprising about how thoughtful and vivid this latest instalment is. If you’ve been writing the series’ Vita appearance off as a compromise or a contractual obligation, you’re in for something of a treat. That 5 inch OLED screen is a chance to see Media Molecule’s staggering achievement afresh, and to witness one of this generation’s most intriguing engines of creativity at its most energetic and effective.

IGN -9/10

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is the definitive LittleBigPlanet game. It's everything you loved (or possibly didn't) from the past games boiled down into a package you can play anywhere at any time.

Polygon - 9/10

LittleBigPlanet Vita is the best thing on the Vita to date, a perfect fit formed between the hardware and the franchise. But it doesn't just succeed on a conceptual level; it's polished, addictive, and precious. In every imaginable way, LittleBigPlanet Vita is a knockout.

KYZ8S.png

qRd2L.png

Preordering LittleBigPlanet PSVita from participating retailers will net you the Bioshock and Knights of Old costume packs:
pOcmD.png
jjZCD.png

Still not convinced? A demo will be released on the PlayStation Store alongside the full game.

This is the only non native res Vita game that looks great regardless. Jaggies are kept to a minimum somehow, someway.

It's a little disappointing the network isn't working in game yet. I don't know why they'd keep that offline for now.

Just snagged a copy from gamestop in the mall. Im sure its happened before but can someone point me to a time when a game was released BEFORE the release date?
Glad I dont gamestop much anymore the young employee was very pushy questioning my every decision.

Top Bottom