• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

if you were to change your gaf username today, what would it be?

Maddocks

Clu

I used it everywhere else and Maddocks I use because its my last name and everyone calls me it, but I always liked Clu as a name.

Soma

i wouldn't.

i worked hard to get this username off from another member who had it but was inactive for years :mad:

This one. I started out with a really stupid one that was the first thing off the top of my head. Then I got this avatar and requested my username be changed to match it which a mod kindly did for me.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys want, I will fill all of these username changes, with one condition -- you don't get the username you ask for, you get the username of the person who posts AFTER you asked for. Is this a good idea?

I'm down with this.

I'd like to nab the name White Rabbit, but I'm pretty sure it's taken. Or "whte_rbt.obj", to be more accurate to the reference, but I don't think GAF allows periods in names. I like my name though, so it's fine.

shandy706

I have one I'd change it to if I could.

Shandy706 was a mix of my name and my ex-wife. Never thought she'd be my ex...so now I just pretend it's a reference to the drink, heh.

It's also all over my gaming profiles, my PSN profile is the only one that isn't tied to it at all. It's even my hotmail I've had since hotmail became a thing...derp.

I was gonna switch to my name on practically anything else, Dyno, but as it turns out there's already one here at GAF. I never thought of a decent variation and I've been tempted multiple times to pick something better, but when you have have Liu Kang Baking a Pie and Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew, where do you begin? That's some heavy standards to live up to lol

If you guys want, I will fill all of these username changes, with one condition -- you don't get the username you ask for, you get the username of the person who posts AFTER you asked for. Is this a good idea?

I'd be fine with that to prevent my ex's sister from still-stalking my forum posts years later.

Machine

I'm pretty satisfied with mine. If I ever decided to create an alt, I think I'd do a tribute to Kano on the Phone, Johnny Cage in the Shower, Shao Kahn Going Shopping, Liu Kang Baking a Pie, etc. Maybe Shang Tsung Riding a Segway?

King Woofington.

And my avatar would be

Fsivzd3.jpg

or

Jeff-DSA

jar155, so it's the same as my username everywhere else. The DSA came at a time when I wrote for Advanced Media Networks and they wanted us to append DSA, GCA, AMN, or something to signal to people that we were part of the network. Eventually it all became ***** and didn't matter anyway.

Ah, well.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'd either want to be Rag, Ragnar or Bath Party. Those are the names I use elsewhere on the internet, and I've never cared for Captain Pants, and pretty much regret choosing it when I signed up.

This would actually make a hilarious idea for a thread, I think. As long as the title lets everyone know that if you post, your name is in someone else's hands.

mantidor

It would work (and would be hilarious) if the person changing your name knew your posting history somewhat, otherwise it will end up being just a bunch of random names.

But then again that is why tags are there I guess.

Top Bottom