• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calvin and Hobbes: Share Your Favorite Strips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrade

Just put in the order on Amazon for the complete collection :)

Can't wait to get it on Wednesday. This comic turns me into a kid again.

czartim said:
twEg4l.jpg

For the new page.

I want to do this.

Spwn

I remember being yelled at by my teacher on the first or second grade after quoting Calvin & Hobbes in a math exam. I was traumatized.

FlightOfHeaven said:
For the new page.

I want to do this.

Love the dad's signature on the bottom. I think it's also interesting that Calvin is missing, making the kid fill his position (in the original art, Calvin is right next to Hobbes).

Nert

Hrm, it looks like the source that I linked in the original post has pulled down his uploads of the strip. I think I'll just get back to pouring over my compilations again, then.

Regardless, I hope that everyone will continue to share the love!

calvin%20and%20hobbes.jpg

Barrett2

Man, I could read these for hours. Kicking myself for not keeping all the collections I acquired as a kid. I think I had all the books.

<3 Calvin & Hobbes

Pretty sure I have all of the individual books... as well as the Complete Collection.

I occasionally reference the "Noodle Incident" around friends and they have no idea what I'm talking about (although in a way I guess I don't either).

JoeBoy101

Schrade said:
Just put in the order on Amazon for the complete collection :)

Can't wait to get it on Wednesday. This comic turns me into a kid again.

Got it for my wife's birthday last month. Be forewarned, its really goddamn heavy! But great.

Ourobolus

Banned
ChackanKun said:
Ahhhh, "Galochas" here in Portugal! How the hell I missed that!

Years and years in pure ignorance lol...!
Not even a language thing, but I remember reading through the books for the first time since I was a child and realizing that I didn't understand a bunch of the strips back in the day. For instance the one where Calvin is teasing Moe:

"Moe, are your maladjusted antisocial tendencies the product of a berserk pituitary gland?"

I had no idea what the hell he was talking about when I was 8, but now it's hilarious.

<3 Calvin

Schrade

JoeBoy101 said:
Got it for my wife's birthday last month. Be forewarned, its really goddamn heavy! But great.
Hell yes it's heavy! I was surprised at how heavy it was!

I've already plowed through the first book and am on the second one.

The paper is glorious and the quality of the cartoons is awesome!. Shame about the hardcover/binding though :-/

Oozer3993 said:
Our copy of Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons, so I can't verify this, but there are two collections of Sunday strips: Lazy Sunday Book and Calvin and Hobbes Sunday Pages 1985-1995. All the strips in each are in color and I'd imagine some of them are from Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons.

Fun fact from Sunday Pages 1985-1995:

EwJ7r.gif

Bill Watterson said he redrew this strip in a vertical format for the square and vertically themed book collections. In the books, it looks like this:

Bqhz7.jpg

Came here for this one. Sooooo good. God I love C&H. As others have said, best comic ever and I doubt anything will ever surpass it. Nothing can for me as I read it throughout my childhood and SO many of the strips have such a strong connection with me.

I would pay a pretty penny for an official iPad app with every strip.

undrtakr900

BolognaSoup said:
Came here for this one. Sooooo good. God I love C&H. As others have said, best comic ever and I doubt anything will ever surpass it. Nothing can for me as I read it throughout my childhood and SO many of the strips have such a strong connection with me.

I would pay a pretty penny for an official iPad app with every strip.
omg, that would be awesome!

I think my fav is the one where Calvin is put in time out or something. Its about squeezing the imagination out of kids and then Hobbes turns into a stuffed animal.

unifin

ChackanKun said:
I never understood this strip:

IMG_0044.png

Anyone care to explain lol?

Pretty sure this is half of a strip - the other part has Calvin walking back inside because he has to pee or something like that. Dunno.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
unifin said:
Pretty sure this is half of a strip - the other part has Calvin walking back inside because he has to pee or something like that. Dunno.

There is a strip like that but this isn't it

undrtakr900

Hey guys, I'm gonna get my friend some of the CnH books as a gift, but want to get them in sequential order. I know this was the first one...

6ppzrl.png

...but don't know the order that comes after? as I always got them randomly.

undrtakr900

^^ Haha I'm the same, it seems I'm missing a few(mainly the Sunday books) and I didn't know that "collection" stuff was just two books put together, thought they were hand pick strips like the 10th anniversay.

Hmm...I think its about time I have another read through it's been years since I did.

Also I second your "Calvin and Hobbes is the best thing ever" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom