• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

Nepenthe

I will happily take a Lucio buff just in the form of increased rate of healing (or faster cool down rate on Amp.) Healing without Amp right now is painfully slow in many circumstances, especially when I'm trying to keep an aggressive Reinhardt up.

Hell, do that, put the current healing rate on speed so people don't have to bunnyhop anymore, then explain the change as the natural effect of his positive attitude. Let my Frog Boy be broken.

Just revert mercy to her old self, seriously, even as passive support she can wreck the enemy with her ult soft healing everyone like Lucio or acting like Orisa ult which I think it last longer than Orisa.

Break her wings and makes her ult shorter

Pooya

what about make Ana be able to get head shots? Ana's damage used to be so high so it made sense to not have it, but now? I think it's very reasonable to get bonus dmg and heal by crit shots and it increases the skill cap on the hero even more, makes her more rewarding to play.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to hit Gold this season :(

Maybe next season, assuming placements don't get re-nerfed. Sigh.

EDIT: and it looks like it's only 50-50 whether I'll be able to hold on to my original goal of reaching SR 1750 by the end of the season. I was doing well but dropped 100+ SR again.

What are you at currently? There's still like 2 weeks left right? That is a big climb though, especially in silver where the probability of getting a bad team is high. At least in my experience it is.

antitrop

Placements matches on accounts that have played Comp before are just regular games, honestly they only really need 1 placement game per season on accounts that have already placed before. The way they do it now makes absolutely no sense.

Yet another example of something Blizzard already got right with StarCraft II years ago and do differently in Overwatch for no good reason. SC2 only made you play 1 placement match in each season after your first to get you back into the rankings, there is no point in playing more. It's such a strange, arbitrary requirement.

TrueBlue

I'm very much on the "buff other supports, leave Mercy as is" train.

EDIT: I definitely don't want her to go back to her pre-rework state. On a selfish level she's a lot more fun to play. I also think discouraging the "hide multi-rez" mindset is a good thing. Just need to get the other supports up to snuff.

As for team "break all the supports"...
My humble Zenyatta suggestions are a new yoga teleport ability and slow air hover for greater movement, reducing the size of his hitbox because boo to my outward knees eating pure body shot damage, double harmony orbs because if junkturd can ruin everything with double mines I demand more healing compensation.
Also Zen's ult also causes damage to opposing players in range at a slow rate, thus you can basically use it in deathmatch like a super star and watch everyone try to flee from your tranquil goodness.

I believe these are all fair suggestions seeing balance is constantly whack these days.

Piers

Unsure on Doomfist. He feels like Blizzard are trying to put more heroes in the game for the sake of it. He doesn’t really serve any good purpose.

Unsure on Doomfist. He feels like Blizzard are trying to put more heroes in the game for the sake of it. He doesn’t really serve any good purpose.

He has a purpose, he's just so hard to play for even people in GM.

He still sees a bit of pro use depending on the region, but incredibly little ladder play. I think Blizzard needs to buff him. I'm personally looking towards increasing his punch hit-box a bit because I think they overcompensated, and to hopefully work at removing no-reg's in the game so there is more consistency with him.

Piers

He has a purpose, he's just so hard to play for even people in GM.

He still sees a bit of pro use depending on the region, but incredibly little ladder play. I think Blizzard needs to buff him. I'm personally looking towards increasing his punch hit-box a bit because I think they overcompensated, and to hopefully work at removing no-reg's in the game so there is more consistency with him.

What purpose that other heroes can’t already do just as well? One shotting multiple people requires them to be brain dead as even if he flanks them with a surprise uppercut, he’s almost like Pharrah during her ultimate after doing so — in the air for easy pickings.

I do agree with you in high level play, it just doesn’t seem like it’s worth it if Doomfist requires such nuanced skills. It feels like a result of Blizzard trying to design a new character that doesn’t necessitate retroactively altering previous maps, and if they really want a new hero that isn’t so weird and obtuse to handle, they’ll probably have to sooner or later.

Schlep

Feels good to start seeing higher rankings on my mains. Too much time and effort spent lol.

QJ8PSph.png

Comp feels like such a roll of the dice sometimes. I miss earlier seasons when almost everyone actually tried to win.

Too many smurfs and one tricks and general trolls/quitters lately.

I have heard "This isn't my main account so I don't really care" one too many times this season

Oh, man, Mind Fuzz is shutting his channel down. He was my go-to guy for strategy videos. Sounds like he's got a lot on his plate right now, but I'll miss him.

Too many smurfs and one tricks and general trolls/quitters lately.

I have heard "This isn't my main account so I don't really care" one too many times this season

The throwers are the ones that get to me the most. I mean, what kind of loser spends their free time intentionally throwing games.

The worst part is that there really isn't anything you can do about it. Not only are you stuck in a match that you're going to lose, but then there's no way to avoid getting matched with that person again.

I got matched with the same dude throwing games three times today. At the end of the day it feels like I'm just wasting my time.

Win Loss Win Loss for me tonight until a 3 win streak puts me at 2374. I'm happy with my Mercy and Winston now, but my Reinhardt needs some serious improvement.

That or more people to stand behind the big blue shield. I was getting 4 Attacks + Junkrat far too often with playing tonight. I could really appreciate one of you running as a Tank there, we don't need a Genji, a Mcree, a Reaper AND a Soldier 76 all at once.

I don't really like the idea of breaking the other supports. I think Ana needs a small damage/healing rate buff and Mercy needs to be nerfed but that's about it.

To buff them up to Mercy's level would make them extremely strong, and I tend to really dislike metas where nothing dies tbh

Blues1990

I don't really like the idea of breaking the other supports. I think Ana needs a small damage/healing rate buff and Mercy needs to be nerfed but that's about it.

To buff them up to Mercy's level would make them extremely strong, and I tend to really dislike metas where nothing dies tbh

I would like Ana's passive (Strike) from HOTS to be added to her Overwatch counterpart, where her attacks apply an additional 44 (+4% per level) damage over 5 seconds, and stacking up to 5 times. Of course, they have to adjust the numbers, but it would be a great way to give back her DMG potential without making the other supports feel inadequate.

It was a headache to play Ana in default Junkenstein's Revenge, as it made me feel helpless against fighting the Zomnics and Boss characters. I would be fine if they neuter her grenade if I can have her damage outtake return.

Seems like Blizz shit out this patch without testing everything, since I keep ending up in random peoples team chats while in the lobby waiting for a match. They're in comp too. Super strange bug

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Outside of wraithform I guess I can't think of nay reason you'd currently pick Reaper over Junkrat for almost all the same roles

Blues1990

I don't think he plans on taking any of his videos down.

I hope so. I didn't know his channel existed, and already I'm learning some great tips from watching his instructional videos on Roadhog 3.0 and Zarya.

On a related note, I hope all is well on his end, along with wishing the fella all the best for the future.

LiK

Lmao. Just had one Junkenstein match where the blue guys only attacked me through the whole thing. So annoying. Still, zero deaths. Had an Ana who paid attention.

Can't wait to see how the pros will use Mercy tommorrow. Vici vs MVP Space on the latest patch for APAC.

Wonder what changes will happen for Blizzcon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's not a shit mechanic, they just keep trying to fix the symptom instead of the actual problem.

Yes it is. There is a reason why most FPS and DOTA avoid it. The entire problem has been either making rez relevant or nerfing it down. They haven't after a year and a half. Get rid of it and replace it. It's become way too big of a crutch and it would bring back the importance of picks again.

Outside of wraithform I guess I can't think of nay reason you'd currently pick Reaper over Junkrat for almost all the same roles

Zarya and at times, he can get behind the enemy team with good placement. Played one earlier which was pretty good at slipping in at Moonbase.

First time I have ever took part in lootboxes and of course $40 got me nothing I wanted. I knew that this was going to happen but I fell into the try anyways...

Womp Womp. Still having a blast with the game so that's good.

Top Bottom