• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
BRD will have a new ability that only works if you dont use any other attacks and you have to stand still while using it but it will be the only way to effectively deal damage

JudgeN

Alright its time to come back for the expansion. I'm in i190 gear what should i do to get i230 gear so I can farm dun scaith for i250 gear (i think).

studyguy

I wouldn't mind a light nerf on WAR as long as it as fun to play as now.

Burn it to the ground.
Make PLD + DRK the power combo. For too long other tanks have lived in the shadow of WAR. Rise up. Tear down the gilded towers of the warrior bourgeoisie with their on demand TP and HP regens and monopoly on slash debuffs.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I hope everyone plays RDM over SAM and that SAM is secretly cool. Thid way my inner-hipster can be appeased while trying SAM.

I hope double weaving stays in even though I wouldn't mind it going away. I don't feel like losing that bet.

Moaradin

I hope everyone plays RDM over SAM and that SAM is secretly cool. Thid way my inner-hipster can be appeased while trying SAM.

I hope double weaving stays in even though I wouldn't mind it going away. I don't feel like losing that bet.

Lol don't kid yourself. Sam is gonna be the ultimate weeb class and is definitely gonna be the most popular

IMBored

Alright its time to come back for the expansion. I'm in i190 gear what should i do to get i230 gear so I can farm dun scaith for i250 gear (i think).

You can get a 230 weapon kind of quickly in PotD, by getting aethergear up to 30, probably worth it. Then, if you get to lv 200, do alexander for item 230 gear tokens and lore that you can use for other 230 gear, like accessories.

iammeiam

I don't even understand how, conceptually, removing double-weaving would work. Place all oGCDs on cool down until you execute a GCD? So force an AST to GCD between Draw and Shuffle or Draw and applying card or Draw and RR?

And 'just make them clip' wouldn't work, because the clearest cut case (maybe only?) of forcing double oGCD is Barrage into Empyreal Arrow, and they stuck a cast on EA meaning unless you get lucky with a Straighter Shot proc or cross-classed Feint, that stuff is clipping. Triple oGCDs and intentional clips are already a thing, so bumping animation lock to force clipping wouldn't completely eliminate it either.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I dunno, everyone seems to be going crazy over flashy emotes and funny hats.

I don't even understand how, conceptually, removing double-weaving would work. Place all oGCDs on cool down until you execute a GCD? So force an AST to GCD between Draw and Shuffle or Draw and applying card or Draw and RR?

And 'just make them clip' wouldn't work, because the clearest cut case (maybe only?) of forcing double oGCD is Barrage into Empyreal Arrow, and they stuck a cast on EA meaning unless you get lucky with a Straighter Shot proc or cross-classed Feint, that stuff is clipping. Triple oGCDs and intentional clips are already a thing, so bumping animation lock to force clipping wouldn't completely eliminate it either.
You could remove double weaving by removing animation locks completely or cutting oGCDs in half, I guess

BlackJace

I'm not as well-versed in the game as the rest of you, but I like the way SCH is at the moment. It's fun to play, and nothing (aside from Adloquium maybe) feels overpowered.

Maybe change up some Pet skills. Never seen a use for Selene's Silence spell, and Eos' party wide Esuna is pretty rare as well.

They should remove the recovery (or reduce it heavily) on using oGCDs because it mostly exists to punish people with a certain amount of latency.

Qvoth

I'm not as well-versed in the game as the rest of you, but I like the way SCH is at the moment. It's fun to play, and nothing (aside from Adloquium maybe) feels overpowered.

Maybe change up some Pet skills. Never seen a use for Selene's Silence spell, and Eos' party wide Esuna is pretty rare as well.

during ARR people preferred selene afaik, but nowadays raids use eos
or so i've heard

edit: mrhappy's stream link for unofficial translation
https://www.twitch.tv/mrhappy1227

Burn it to the ground.
Make PLD + DRK the power combo. For too long other tanks have lived in the shadow of WAR. Rise up. Tear down the gilded towers of the warrior bourgeoisie with their on demand TP and HP regens and monopoly on slash debuffs.

Is only fair after all that suffering from 2.x

We deserve much more, but I'll take peace and equalitu from now on.

Qvoth

oh didn't realize they're doing the live letter in english as well, don't need mrhappy anymore then
wtzgU.gif

iammeiam

You could remove double weaving by removing animation locks completely or cutting oGCDs in half, I guess
They should remove the recovery (or reduce it heavily) on using oGCDs because it mostly exists to punish people with a certain amount of latency.

I am 100% for the removal of the animation locks--potion is particularly offensive--but on some level I assume part of it is just the game's shitty codebase (similar to 1.5s being the minimum GCD, no question.) I feel like if you're clipping doubles you're probably also going to clip singles during Rapid Fire on MCH, so addressing the base issue is way better than just pruning the shit out of oGCDs on jobs that have relatively few regular usage GCDs.

Reducing oGCD count won't do it unless they reduce them in a staggered way such that nothing would line up because a lot of the cramped usage isn't just because too many oGCDs, it's to line shit up. Bard may finally lose the B4B+HE double if B4B goes away, at least, but a lot of doubling ends up being for buff synching so i dunno.

I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Die in a fire, Disembowel. Either remove the dependency for BRD/MCH, or give us our own DE equivalents.

That audio crackle.

I am 100% for the removal of the animation locks--potion is particularly offensive--but on some level I assume part of it is just the game's shitty codebase (similar to 1.5s being the minimum GCD, no question.) I feel like if you're clipping doubles you're probably also going to clip singles during Rapid Fire on MCH, so addressing the base issue is way better than just pruning the shit out of oGCDs on jobs that have relatively few regular usage GCDs.

Reducing oGCD count won't do it unless they reduce them in a staggered way such that nothing would line up because a lot of the cramped usage isn't just because too many oGCDs, it's to line shit up. Bard may finally lose the B4B+HE double if B4B goes away, at least, but a lot of doubling ends up being for buff synching so i dunno.

I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Die in a fire, Disembowel. Either remove the dependency for BRD/MCH, or give us our own DE equivalents.

I think there's also the case that they might not know it's even an issue since I imagine everyone in Japan probably plays with 50ms or something like that.

Omnicent

thats a bad DRK lol. (show that to drks on what not to do). I know it was an example of tracking all buffs,
bu I can see reddit using it for something else

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, about 10-15 minutes back on the youtube link, is the game menu start screen. So long, HW intro screen!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Spitballing double weaving and latency ideas

1) Shorten GCD
2) Normalize lockouts
3) Process inputs client side
4) Introduce a parallel GCD that only affects currently oGCD skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom