• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania (8-15-2017, SEGA/Taxman/Headcannon/PagodaWest, PS4/XB1/PC/NX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make sense, but one of the main guys at Sonic Team is on stage talking about Sonic Mania, so I'm kinda worried that this may be it.

The stream schedule pic someone posted in the main thread seemed to imply two big game announcements, one early on, and one later in the show.

AdanVC

So mad this is not coming to Nintendo platforms. We can only hope this get's announced for NX as well once the damn device gets officially revealed...

Gattsu25

Banned
SEGA actually making Sonic 4.

I hate to admit it but I'm getting my hopes up that this will actually be good.

Damn, Sonic cycle consumes me for the first time since Sonic Unleashed

Man, the game looks gorgeous, and having Taxman leading the project gives me a lot of hope. Really happy for him too.

All I'm worried for now is the music because I don't know the guys behind it, and trying to make something on the level of the original 3 games is no small feat.

The trailer music is really fucking good, so it's a promising start.

Elija2

After 3 years since the last mainline Sonic game, I was hoping for something more than just a Genesis retread. Not that I don't think it looks good, but I was hoping for a new 3D Sonic game.

Well it looks nice but I dunno. Could be great, could capture what made the Mega Drive games great or it could just be a pixel art version of Sonic 4 and 4-2, where they just don't get it.

DId you even play Christian Whitehead's versions of CD/1/2?

His involvement has me very optimistic.

Escalario

Banned
Keep in mind this hasn't been the case for half a decade.

Half a decade? You mean, Generations 3DS outselling the PS360 versions and Racing All-Stars WiiU outselling PS360 versions didn't happened in the last 5 years? Also newsflash: Lost World sold less on PC than WiiU and Boom would bomb on every platform.

redhood56

Banned
First off the game looks fantastic, and I'm so happy for taxman, he deserves this. The song was great too, but the editing was ON POINT. Seriously they did an amazing job

along with everything else, that title screen animation is fucking amazing

REALLY excited for this, Whitehead's remasters of Sonic 1/2/CD have been masterful. Really glad after S3&K/Episode 3 fell through we're basically getting the Sonic 4 we should've gotten in the first place now.

Neoxon

So they have 2/3 of their Sonics covered.
  • Classic Sonic - Sonic Mania
  • Modern Sonic - ???
  • Boom Sonic - Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Reveal the Modern Sonic game, Sega!

if 25 years ago someone told me that nintendo lovers would have been so pissed off cause a Sonic game couldn't come on their systems I would have laughed for hours :D

Kintor

Banned
Looking forward to playing this. The Christian Whitehead ports of Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD are phenomenal. I'm glad that Sega has given him the chance to work on a brand new Sonic game.

Revven

Fuuuuuuuck yessssssssss!!!! This is what I always wanted!!!

I still want a 3D game too and I think we're getting the announcement for that later towards the end of the stream. But this is awesome and I'll take it!

The stream schedule pic someone posted in the main thread seemed to imply two big game announcements, one early on, and one later in the show.

Where's this schedule pic?

Well, we know Lego Dimensions' Sonic content will be shown, so they can't be done with the game announcement portion, at least.

Toad.T

Banned
mO0cy5X.gif

dat popcorn shop reference

It looks like what would have happened if there was a 2D game on the Saturn instead of 3D Blast/R/Extreme. Cautiously optimistic.

WillyFive

Weird if it doesnt get announced for NX. Sonic games typically have a larger audience on Nintendo platforms post-Sega hardware

It's possible Nintendo delaying the NX announcement may have complicated matters for games being announced post E3.

Half a decade? You mean, Generations 3DS outselling the PS360 versions and Racing All-Stars WiiU outselling PS360 versions didn't happened in the last 5 years? Also newsflash: Lost World sold less on PC than WiiU and Boom would bomb on every platform.

But Transformed got a Wii U version and Lost World was a Wii U game, unlike the previous half decade before that where Generations did not come to Wii and Unleashed was just a PS2 port from the C team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom